Curtis Law Solicitors Employee Reviews

Avoid like the plague
Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire15 November 2017
This place is terrible so avoid at all costs.
Senior managers are clueless and just want cheap labour from you.
Wages are ridiculous and wage rise literally doesn't exist. It is a family run business by people who think they are professionals but in reality they are far from it.
As an employee you literally don't have any rights in this place.
Senior managers made many false promises of providing training contracts (promotion) however never once honoured their word.
Having moved on to another law firm I definitely made the right choice and I can now look forward to becoming a solicitor.
Pros
Cons
Poor wages, no progression, disorganised company, horrible management and long hours.
Great experience
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire17 October 2017
very good place to work at, i learnt a lot and the experience I gained was brilliant.
The management and the owners helped me massively and guided me.
good
Cons
non
Work Experience
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Blackburn14 April 2016
I was working at Curtis Law for a week, however in that short period of time I learnt a significant amount.
It learnt about pro-portal and many other elements of how a paralegals works.
The staff were nice and supportive and helped me understand.
Productive and enjoyable
assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn15 September 2015
A friendly enjoyable working environment which helps to make new employees feel comfortable and welcome entering a new job role
Pros
Friendly Managment Staff
Cons
Early starts
Enjoyable work.
Call advisor (Former Employee) –  Blackburn31 March 2015
Left this job only due to relocation and family circumstances however this job was one of my best. Although it just took over my life, the hours were extremely long and it seemed like you were endlessly doing management favours by taking on extra roles yet you got nothing back from them in returns. Very little flexibility and job perks.
Disorganised, numbers focused
Junior trainee Paralegal/Vettor (Former Employee) –  Witton, ENG14 August 2014
The company only cares about numbers and nothing else, staff are treated as machine and the work environment is very pressured and numbers focussed. Disorganised and blame staff for not being able to cope with management failings
Pros
They have a pool table
Cons
Work hours 9:00-6:30, very pressured, d
Fun Workplace
New Claims Team Assitant (Current Employee) –  Blackburn, ENG22 April 2014
On a Typical say at work the following is done: contact new clients obtain information concerning their case, enter information acquired from client on case management software and create new files, Generation of suitable client care correspondence for clients, When processing new claims, ensure that any concerns regarding liability and fraud are communicated immediately to your. First Response line manager, Take incoming calls to the office and deal with routine client enquiries efficiently.

As this is my first job at a Solicitor's firm, it was interesting learning new ways of dealing with client - delivering customer service. Each case is unique and is dealt with different manner, which makes the job more exciting.

Management is always there when you need them. Understanding towards staff needs and requirements.

As a solicitor's firm, it is important to get all details correct from the start, sometime communication barriers with the client can cause issues, but are later resolved.

Fun office environment, speaking to different clients and different types of cases make the job interesting.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
Salary