curo Employee Reviews

Sheltered Housing Officer
SHO (Former Employee) –  Various4 January 2019
3 layers of management in what is on the service a housing business first layer of yes men answering to a more senior yes yes yes collective with a close nit top layer of cut throat business executives that are there to make money and benifit from it. If you have a point of veiw beware you will be drawn in your veiws become others veiws or chrwed up and fast tracked out the door people have friends eyes and ears in places beware. Some very nice and very dark figures hiding behind positions and titles

Tenants are poorly treated
Pros
Local
Cons
Him and her that will be obeyed
a fun and rewarding job
Support worker full time (Former Employee) –  Bath16 August 2018
this was a very good job for me as I was very close to there age range and I worked well with them because I have been through the care sector before and also my social worker helped me through difficult time and I liked to do the same with all types of people
Pros
Cons
made redundent
Good vs bad
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset10 August 2018
What can I say apart from if your face fits you will be fine , if you question senior management your days are numbered .
The place is ran on values but yet senior leaders live by their own rules , there are some very nasty clicks in the offie with senior management making the clicks which is awful .
HR are dreadful and try to intefer in your personal life, if you have managed to stay there a long time you will be fine and end up with a job that you can’t do but get paid a fortune for as senior leaders like you .
Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Friendly people at lower level
Cons
Senior leaders are headless chickens
Great Company to Work For
Independent Living Officer (Current Employee) –  Bath and North East Somerset7 April 2017
There is great potential for Curo to be a market leader Housing Provider and they are working strongly towards it.
They are creating their next Big Plan which will set out the company aims for the next 5 years and are striving to make a difference in these changing and challenging times.
Pros
Great benefits package, strong supportive colleagues/teams
Cons
Sometimes poor or lacking support from upper management
Great place to do your work experience.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bath27 July 2016
When i done my work experience with Curo i felt very welcome by all members of there team. They help me gain confidence with customers and dealing with problems that may need more attention.
I couldnt of asked for a better company.
Pros
Meeting great people.
Very fun place to work with lots to do and plenty to learn
Supportive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bath19 August 2015
A typical day at work would be sorting out jobs and inputting data into a database, also sorting out van stock for the tredesmen at CURO.

What i learned at CURO was adapting to working in a office, as i never worked in an office before it was great experience for me to be able to work in an office and find out what it would be like to be working in a office.

The management is great as there is plenty to do and if i run out of things to do the manager will always have something else that i can do.

The co-workers are always helpful and would help me with certains jobs that i am doing and I always double check with them to see if I am doing it right.

The hardest part of the job would be deadlines as there are certain deadlines such as sorting out the van stock for the tradesmen.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be sorting out jobs depending on status.
Pros
Free cups of tea.
Cons
Walking down to work