Cummins Employee Reviews

Productive and flexible working hours
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire9 April 2018
Friendly place to work.

Good and understanding managers. Very friendly and approachable colleagues. Good pay package. Great work/life balance due to flexi time.
great comapny great brand
Reginol Health and safety manager (Former Employee) –  North West England and wales27 March 2018
Excellent company with a good ethos and a wonderful brand. A very good company to work for, good communication and I had a good experience on some of the first construction ventures that they were involved with. I enjoyed writing procedures and helping the company with CDM and ensuring they were compliant.

I would recommend anyone to work for them as they are a very good employer
Pros
good quality and good people company
Nice place to work
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Stamford, Lincolnshire16 March 2018
So sad they closing down. Was very nice place to work :) all the people I worked with, were very nice. And the managers were like co-workers. Everything was superb.
Pros
Good food in kanteen
Cummins
AP Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kent21 February 2018
Cummins as a business prides its self on working diverse and in a ethically conscious way, and if processes are wrongly bypassed this will hinder this positive operating environment. I have thoroughly enjoyed my role within the Cummins finance team. The volume of work, the extensive use of data sources and the varying deadlines means that over the years your work colleagues before your family and this is what I will miss when I leave Cummins.
Pros
Full of Diversity
Cons
Long Hours
Passionate and creative
Global Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire18 February 2018
Experienced business professional working for a global multi billion dollar organization. Highly motivated, creative and analytical thinker with varied experience in Engineering, Business Development and Sales roles.
Structured and clear strategies
General Ledger Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham15 January 2018
Clear strategies were in place with a clear goal and target on delivery and future state.

Focused on specific areas and so able to deliver specific and focused solutions.
Pros
Focused areas of responsiblity
Cons
Very little chance to expland knowledge set
It's ok
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Daventry2 January 2018
It's ok , good place to work , reasonable money, interesting all hands on, friendly people, good hours and shifts, not far to travel, plenty of opportunities to develop
Production Operations
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham13 December 2017
Lot of good people, Operations suffers from lack of technical support for engineering division.

too many limited experience employees in roles of responsibility.

HR do not listen to the voice of the business and seem divorced from the nature of the manufacturing plant.
Pros
Good people wanting to do the right thing
Cons
HR- Bureaucracy and failing to support business needs and requirements
Good place to work although too clicky
Forklift truck driver/Production operator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, Lincolnshire10 December 2017
Been here 4 years now and the hours and shift are fantastic. Home by 3.20pm everyday and only weekend work on overtime if you want it, very few jobs are like this anymore, making work/life balance very good.
The shopfloor guys are good to work with, the management are a little too self-important and don't listen enough to the guys who actualy have to implement some of the stupid ideas they come up with.
The factory is closing next year so it's not important now but I did find that applying for career advancement jobs it helped if you had the right surname or were friends with certain people.
Training opportunities however were far better.
Pros
Excellent shift, mostly good people to work with.
Cons
Management were too self important.
Great Company!
Power Systems Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Daventry19 November 2017
Cummins is a great place to work! They really value diversity and listen to the needs of their employees. The leadership team and Cummins' core values make me proud to work for them. I always felt challenged while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Pros
Great work-life balance, leadership
Cons
Not as competitive as other engineering companies
Great company, lovely people
Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire31 October 2017
Great company, lovely people would recommend working there, they offer a lot of different roles including development, analysis, test etc.

Worked for a year and enjoyed every bit of it.
Cummins has been a good employer
Value Stream Manager/Factory Manager (Current Employee) –  Manston30 October 2017
Cummin's was only intended to be a stop gap in my career until I found something more suitable with my skills and experience. 10 years later and I found myself in a senior Management role within the company. During this time I have been able to develop my computer skills, improve my company knowledge through internal training and develop professional relationships through networking and mentoring. I have been developed through 6Sigma training and Lean Manufacturing training among other internal improvement tools. I also completed a degree whilst at Cummin's so can recommend their career development programme. They have a good personnel package and a high level of diversity within the company. They strive to be best in class and have a continuous improvement strategy across the board.
Pros
Progressive, Global, Opportunities to grow, Career development.
Cons
Market can be very up and down, in the 10 years I was with Cummins I was in a potetial redundancy position 4 times.
productive and professional work place
Customer Service &Marketing (Former Employee) –  Ramsgate27 October 2017
Cummins is a very professional workplace and experience from, different people from different countries. Work was hard and stressing because of the task that needs to be done. but i learned a lot how to work under pressure and working with people from different background
Pros
lunch break and cafeteria, coffee machine and friendly atmosphere
Cons
long hours, dead workplace
placement
Manufacturing Support (Former Employee) –  Darlington23 October 2017
was working here on a placement in 2008, enjoyed my time working here very professional workplace, learned a lot from the people working there and would recommend.
Pros
flexi time
Cons
temporary
Nice and friendly people around you
Multi Skilled Operator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, Lincolnshire22 August 2017
Disappointed company take only for terminate time than just say good bye, but is the best company so far if u on full time, thanks for skills and experience..
Pros
free cinema tickets
Cons
Good hours to work Friday finish early
cummin
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire26 April 2017
it was ok

everyone are friendly and helpful to placement student and with placement help me develop new skills and show me how real life work compared to the university life work
Productive Structured Day
Warehouse Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Darlington, UK26 April 2017
• Booking in and transferring goods
• Fork lift truck operator
• Loading and unloading wagons
• Stock audit support
• Stock replenishment
• Supporting and replenishing the assembly lines

Good team members supporting each other throughout the day
Pros
Good rate of pay, uniform provided
Cons
temporary contact
Workplace that is diverse and take care of their staff
Fleet Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stockton-On-Tees18 April 2017
I genuinely look forward to going to work every morning. The office is a great environment to work in, i am surrounded by people who offer advice, encouragement and help.
Great potential but still a long way to go
Energy Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Davetry13 April 2017
The plant can be an exciting place to work as there is always change, improvement projects and new products to adapt to. Most of the skills I have learned within my personal profile has come from working at Cummins. The corporate culture embraces things like diversity, equal opportunities etc... Unfortunately though, locally it does not embrace those qualities all the time. Myself and many of my colleagues have become a victim of "do a higher paid job but don't get paid for it scenarios". I've been promised things many times to encourage me to do more work, finding myself doing similar work to an engineer, not being recognised for it and still only being paid an operators grade which can be deflating. Also job security is a big issue, in the past 6 year I've been here i believe there has been 3-4 counts of redundancies.
Pros
Reward schemes e.g cycle to work, pention scheme
Cons
Opportunites are limited to certain poeple only, job security.
Great place
Senior Quality Engineer NPI. (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire6 April 2017
Certainly one of the best places I have worked, fantastic culture and a very dynamic high tech environment with cutting edge technology. Highly recommend it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cummins. Our community is ready to answer.