Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Unpleasant, money focussed culture from the top
Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cumbria27 July 2019
A service that should be about good patient care, offered by well valued staff and great, positive managers is in fact the complete opposite.
Clinical staff and support staff try their best but senior managers don't listen, are effectively bullies, make random quick fix decisions which have wider impacts they don't consider and morale among the work force is plummeting.
My role is flexible as non-clinical and pay is ok, but can be expected to work well above and beyond and take on more and more responsibility. Decent holiday allowance if you can take it. I know I'm one of the luckier ones.
Everything is out of date, software doesn't talk to each other and patient care will begin to suffer however hard the clinical guys work.
Pros
Spirit of clinical staff
Cons
Culture, lack of prospects, poor management
Loving my job and excited for what the future holds for OT in Cumbria
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria1 May 2019
I qualified as an OT last year, as a mature student after having numerous years working in healthcare including mental health and dementia care. My current role involves assisting adults, mainly in the older age group, including elderly frail individuals who are ready for discharge from hospital to home, to rebuild their independence around daily function and working with them and the team to ensure they have any necessary equipment and care in place to enable a safe return home. I feel well supported in the role, working with a great team and friendly and highly skilled colleagues. The communication and teamwork is great and this enables any queries or issues to be resolved and learned from, in order to improve, no matter what level of training or seniority we work at. Management in my department are approachable and they listen, training is thorough and regular; there are also many opportunities for career advancement or moving to other departments to gain experience. The pay and pension scheme is very good and the holiday allowance is generous. I am loving my first post and looking forward to the future with the NHS in Cumbria.
Pros
Great team, opportunities for advancement, changes within the NHS exciting and new services offering employment opportunities, eg, Stroke services and Heart centre
Cons
Current challenges faced by the NHS overall, though that can be a motivating factor also, eg. considering cost effective methods of time management and equipment provision, so turning the challenge into a positive
Fulfilling, satisfying work as part of a very supportive team. Fair pay and a great job!
Assistant Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Eden District, Cumbria.9 September 2018
Mainly, I want to write this review to encourage others to seriously consider working for Cumbria Partnership Foundation Trust. I was 50 years young when I joined the Trust and was given such a warm welcome to my job in the NHS, having mainly worked in the charity sector. I was soon given the opportunity to progress, accessing high quality training.
I know I'm lucky to be a member of our team. Clearly, I can't speak for other teams. However, in our area of work, local teams have strong links to peers across Cumbria. I believe that if we behave professionally, are committed and prepared to take responsibility for our actions, then support is there to go from strength to strength. I have autonomy which is precious to me. We are encouraged to job plan and prioritise to fulfil our roles, so we can also participate in development projects so that we can constantly improve which feels fantastic.
I get the chance to meet, work with and support fascinating and inspiring people every working day. All this in one of the most beautiful rural areas in the World, that includes the Lake District National Park and the Pennies. And if you'd like to be close to the sea, West Cumbria offer gorgeous landscapes and a great choice of really affordable homes.
I strongly encourage others to at least visit the area, apply for 'your' job and. . .successful candidates, you can enjoy a good life in Cumbria.
Pros
Satisfying job, great colleagues, good management, fair pay, access to high quality training to progress, chance to work with colleagues, including people who use our services to constantly improve, stunning rural area to live in with massive variety of leisure activities to enjoy.
Cons
None.
Many improvements required/lack of senior management support/precarious practices
Mental health practitioner (Former Employee) –  West cumbria7 August 2018
Team culture inconsistent and lacks clarity, tension and stress affects performance, and team lacks strong supportive direction and leadership.poor access to training and equipment to do job effectively. Lack of understanding of risks and implementing change with consideration of protection for staff, poor communication, and ability to listen effectively and weigh up appropriate ,realistic and rational outcomes. Management often work in conflict with their own mission statement
Pros
Pension scheme
Cons
Poor leadership, conflict of direction and poor staff support
Bullying Culture - Poor Management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  East Cumbria26 July 2018
Bullying seems to be accepted as the norm.

Poor work/life balance

Behind the times and lack of training

Some excellent staff who work above and beyond but these are not appreciated enough!
Pros
Good pension
Cons
Poor work life balance
Loving it!
CAMHS CAIS Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria25 July 2018
I’ve worked my first band 5 OT job at Carlton clinic in a split post between acute and rehab, which was great. I was given freedom to develop the service and introduce service improvements with full support from the management and staff. I’ve now progressed to band 6 in 8 months. Fantastic opportunities if you are willing to put in the work. Now working with a great team in CAMHS crisis. I’m Love it! Great team, great line manager ! They are very inclusive, I have MS and I have had a good experience in my roles within the trust around my treatments and symptom management.
Pros
Great, passionate staff, embracing change and challenges. Striving to improve. Supportive, approachable managers.
Cons
Funding, staff shortages, temporary contract to start with but now permanent
Dreadful management and a bullying culture
Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Cumbria15 July 2018
Poor management structure. Bullying culture. Poor access to training, development and support. Good policies in place but not adhered to. Good at talking the talk but rubbish at walking the walk - they pay lip service to equal opportunities but in practice there is no such thing
Pros
NHS pension, higher than average salary for location
Cons
Poor management, bullying culture, lack of access to training and development for lower band staff
Productive workplace
Bank Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlisle12 June 2018
Really good place to work. It has given me skills and knowledge needed to aid with my nursing degree. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patients.
Pros
interacting with patients
Cons
long hours.