Culina Group

Culina Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom199 reviews
Catalogue of errors
Way colder than necessary. Nights pay is the same as days. If your British you are the minority.
Is a hazardous place to work when all the tidying is done at the end .

One worker was seen urinating in the actual warehouse .

You see food stuffs with bite marks in them like hard cheese with blood left behind as it was too hard to bite lol the team leaders are thieves and people operate still under the influence

The mee is beyond repair most the time
Culture is not what is made out to be
Culture is not what it is made out to be...Senior Management do not engage in Employee Engagement philosophy-very hard work and expectations are higher as 3rd party.
Forklift / Operative
Real wage salary above is before tax and also differs between contracts WITHIN THE SAME WAREHOUSE! I work 6-2 on 4p above minimum wage full time employee,

Overtime rate also is different for each contract absolute sham if you ask me.

£8.76 as of april day shift. Night shift £9.76, 4on 4off £1 extra for shift allowance.

Wages are terrible, Managers in deeside are really nice it's not there fault the wages are terrible.

Staff are great, Job is constant as you are monitored by your loves by the on board computer.

You are expected to learn and do everything for the same wage as a newbie.
Absolute mess
Don’t work here one of the worst warehouse to work at ever. Management are a joke and show no support at all your just a number pick somewhere better reputation
Pros
Cons
Too many
Managment do not appreciate their workers.
I have got to learn a lot about the machines I worked with. The working atmosphera could be better if the managment would have appreciated their workers in many ways.
Don't work for Culina as they don't care about their staff.
Don't work for Culina, mad management from above. Lots of Europeans working there where the management are Europeans and the give all the large order picking numbers to their own.
Pros
Cons
Loads
Poor on HR and management
They will tell you at the interview half of the things you need to know.If you need a payslip or something else you have to go at least 2 time a day and maybe you will get it.....after a month or my case...never...the good orders are for the favourite and the list can go on...worst place I ever been
Prejudice Staff members. SLAVE LABOUR.
A Very bad Experience. I Worked an 11 hour Shift in the Packing Department and out of a team of 10 people I did the majority of the heavy lifting at a high speed while the entire team packed. At 29 years old I had an elderly female Staff member talk to me like I was a child out of School. and after unloading around 6 head height pallets at high speed while 2 members of staff hovered around me. Not working as hard or as fast as me,The Line Leader out of the blue lost her Rag and started to tell me I should be unloading two Pallets at once to help out another team on another line. Who at this point were not even packing. Completely taken advantage of as a young fit person I was worked to the ground while the entire team did all the easy jobs. All.through that I was spoken to like a child. Slave Labour. P..S the Toilets stank of stale urine where.members of staff refuse to flush and treat the place like animals
Good place
Work for large warehouse, to be exact 6 units, nice cantina, used to be pool table, wending machine available on site, friendly environment, good team work
if you not fast at pickig they get rid of you
overall wasn't happy to work for them working in the cold for 10 hours a day getting home late get hardly any sleep so to rate the company I would give it 1 out of 10
Class 1 drivers
Really easy job comparing to other transport companies. One delivery and one collection and that's your day done . You can choose when do u want to start your shift. Approx. 9-13 hour shift. . One - , self tipping in aldi and lidl rdc
good place to work
i started on agency and was good to start with, after a while tho my wages started to get funny and they would be saying i didnt do the days that i was
Pros
friendly workmates
Cons
messed about by agency
I enjoy working here I find the management teams and the colleagues are very nice and made me feel welcomed when I started.
I think the work load is manageable and I'm happy where I am.
An Award winning company that Values their Employees.
I commenced my Employment with the Culina Group in August 2019 at their Stafford Depot.
I had read some Negative reviews about this company before I started working for them.

Having experienced some personal problems I can honestly say I've never worked for such a Caring and Helpful Company. The Management really do care about their Employees. nothing but praise for this company as they have been so kind and are helping me as much as they can. I wouldn't hesitate to Recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a long and rewarding career.
Class 1 driver
I herd all the good and bad comments before applying but thought I would see for my self. Some long days and some short days so all in all its good for the salary. Home every night as well.
Transport don't bother you .hours can be long some weeks but that's hgv driving, it's like that most places.
Pros
Salary, clean modern trucks, and one drop n one collection per shift
Cons
Paper work takes a bit of getting used to but not to bad once get into the routine
Do not step foot in this establishment!!
From the moment I stepped in I wanted too kill myself in all honestly I feel like I’m in Romania everyday also the stress too hit your targets are basically put down your throat when sometime it’s very hard too hit, the pay is absolutely terrible not Even worth getting Out of bed you could not support a family let alone yourself working here very depressed and often wanted too Kill myself on the way there.
Don’t work there
Do not work there. Long hours, Rubbish management, staff favourism. Most of the bulk picks go to the Romanians that work there because the management is Romanian or European. It’s like big brother in the warehouse there. Have to scan in everything you do, like go toilet. You get worked to death there. Please don’t work there unless you want to put yourself in it. Worse job I’ve had.
Class 1 C + E Artic Chilled driver CML Telford
Very rude people works here in Transport department. Very stressed Class 1 ( C+E) driving hours. They don't like talking to their drivers on the phone. They look down at their drivers who are doing a very highly skilled job compared to them in the office. Expect to work 15 hours days/night work, 5 days a week. They pretend to follow the Tachograph/working times rules but don't. They don't appear to maintain their HGV's or trailer very well as they have high turnover of drivers that appears to damage them on the regular basis. They employ a lot of Agency drivers but they don't follow the rules of tachograph so they gets a lot of infringements that could cause a lot of problems with VOSA DVSA if stopped by them.

Warehouse loading the lorry/trailers with chilled food were regularly loading them with broken pallets/goods to German supermarket Distribution Centres that Drivers were expected to replace the goods onto new pallets everyday.

Everyday you had to go in a different lorry Scania, Mercedes, Volvo. Too long with the debriefing twice everyday where the office staff makes you feel bad every day with the waiting and derogating have we done this or not! Recently they had a lot of drivers and workforce with Flu illness, but they didn't allow the workforce to have time off to recover properly. In fact they sack them as they did with me. A lot of emails or mobile ringing is needed every day?

Collecting food from the suppliers was a slow job as they weren't always aware we were coming for the collection as the office haven't told them so had quite a few cancelled
 - more...
Pros
Salary.
Cons
Long Hours, stressful job, Bad office and transport department.
Horrible.
One of the worst warehouses I have ever worked in. All the equipment is broken and trash. Team Leaders give the good orders to friends so that they can get their pick rate bonus. Management are stuck up / look down their noses at lower staff. Always on your case. This is not an English warehouse either.
It’s a fair job compared to the rest of the world
I heard a lot of negatives before I started and all can say is , you gotta try it as the hours are a bit up and down but it’s job and knock so it has its good days , nights out could be planned better but I’ve been here 3 months and I think for what you have to do it’s one of the better employers out there ,and realistically if you find it stressful then you really are not a truck driver because in 20 years Culina appears to be a good balance of not being worked to death .
good
it was wonderful, it was interesting and fast. the staff at culina are wonderful and cheerful. it was great hours and they got me doing tasks i loved doing.