Cubitt & West

Cubitt & West Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews
It was certainly good exercise, especially in this town. There was usually work to do when I called up and the areas to be delivered to were always easy to plan a route around. Only problem was people's dogs.
Enjoyed my time working for the company, meet some great people, excellent training, they really do look after their employees and you get paid well for the work you do for them. I would highly recommend working for them if you get offered a job
Pros
Good work ethics
Cons
Hours were long
A day of ringing out booking appointments. Calling applicants and owners on a daily basis. Registering new applicants. Dealing with solicitors. Working on our in-house computer system. Communication is a key part of the job and often the hardest as sometimes difficult to get hold of people during a working day. Perseverance and being proactive to achieve the right result.
Pros
Great opportunuutes for on-going promotion
Cons
Long hours 800-18.00 6 days a week
Lack of support to staff and very high turn over of staff!

They charge too much to sell houses and offer very poor service. No wonder they are struggling at present and closing branches
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay
The Guys I worked with know what they are doing and will go an extra mile to make it a safe working environment. Friendly staff and its a great laugh to work there!!
Pros
Great Managers
Cons
sometimes the hours are slightly too long
A typical day within the office would be helping our client find their new/forever home. Guiding them through the process of buying/selling a property
I have worked in estate agency for over 20 and this is the worse company I have ever worked for, management are dishonest and disrespectful of their employees. Work place culture staff are encouraged to steal other staff work which makes an unhappy environment to work in as you do not trust your colleagues. A horrid unhappy place to work dont go there, there are better estate agents to work for.
Pros
! would not work for any other estate agent.

We are an estate agency run by estate agents who understand and are 100% dedicated to our business. We are always looking to improve, we never rest on our laurels and are able to adapt to any marketplace.

Our recent TV advertising campaign has gone down fantastically well and supports our company values and ethos in truly "helping people move forwards on their life's journey".....

Yes, we have high expectations of the people who work or us but we employ the best and the rewards are high for those who are passionate about making things happen. Our customers deserve to work with the best people in the business and our training and development at all levels are award winning and second to none.

But don't just take our word for it. Our (anonymous) staff survey statistics have provided us with year on year great results and feedback whereby 97% of our staff enjoy working for us and 95% are proud to work here.
Great company - fabulous training - always striving to achieve more and deliver a premium service - great progression opportunities - dedicated and talented top team
I joined here a year ago. Managers lie about commission. You end up working 60 hr weeks. No job security. Pressured to sell insurance to absolutely everyone - even when it’s not in the customers best interest. My advice would be to just don’t join here.
Pros
An excellent employer. Role was varied and all colleagues were great team players. They provided many benefits and rewards such as vouchers, air miles and cash incentives.
Pros
Supportive employer
Cons
A little too corporate orientated
Management take it upon themselves to oust people from the inside that they take personal issue with. Unprofessional referencing process post employment
I worked here as a secretary typing up the house details and answering the telephone.
I only left this job as I was having a family and wanted to be at home.
Pros
Full time
I have worked for Cubitt & West for nearly 20 years and it is a fabulous company to work for with an amazing, dedicated team of Directors.

Our staff survey supports this entirely and with 97% of us enjoying where we work, you must consider a future with us.

You are encouraged to work your way up through the ranks and most of our MDs have done just that, starting as rookie trainee estate agents or where you would be starting today, should you wish to apply.

Yes, we work hard, yes, we work long days but our clients deserve our hard work and dedication to help them buy their dream home.
My typical day at work to be honest is different every day. I get to meet some great people whilst out valuing their homes and many have become life long friends.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Over 55 hours a wweek
I have been employed on a part time basis as per my C.V. They are a very target driven organization with 112 branches. Success is the key to any employee going forward, and is often rewarded with bonus, once target is achieved.

They strive to come up with new ideas and approaches to better the competition which is fierce in this field.

The company on the whole look after their staff, and regular courses are taken for furthering one's carreer.
Pros
Very pressured, but in a good way, often hectic.
Cons
Some branches who do not achieve targets, are often left out when it comes to awards or bonus etc.
We start of with a meeting, where previous day is discussed and current day is planned. Duties are set and shared out. We speak to our vendors and applicants, take enquiries, arrange viewings and chase up any current sales queries - in general, keep in touch.
I started off as a weekend viewing person and over the past couple of years I have progressed into a sales advisor. In the process I have completed various training modules, both legal and business practice. I enjoy working with my colleagues and we have a small and friendly office in a village. The hardest part is not having any weekends off with my family. The most enjoyable part is doing viewings and being able to find just the right property for our clients, as well as getting the best price for our vendors.
Pros
friendly village enviroment
Cons
long hours and no weekends