Croydon Council Employee Reviews

veryyy good
Project & Programme Officer - (Current Employee) –  londin23 April 2018
amazing place to work,
work from home
slightly political but good people around you.
work load is good and has a fair balance.
invest in emmployees
Very good work environment
Carer (Current Employee) –  Croydon10 March 2018
I take care of a lady at her home. Take care of her hygiene, dress and groom. Prepare her meals and snacks. Give her her medication and massage when necessary. Accompany her on small walks.
lovely
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London20 February 2018
at the start of the day sit beside my sen child to give support and help if needed, children are very resilent, and given the right help and support can become anything that they desire to be.
Pros
flexiable hours
work placement
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Croydon9 February 2018
I was allowed to do a range of tasks that varied from day to day which kept it interesting. I learned how to use excel properly, how the council works plus much more. Everyone was very nice there and helpful.
not bad
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London3 January 2018
took the role on a temporary basis but not a bad job. i just want to progress to be an electrician. most days i drive around delivering new bins and recycling equipment but also i fit bins and installs across the borough of croydon
Productive and fun workplace
Community support worker/Health Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Thornton Heath, Greater London20 November 2017
supporting service users - such a joy - adults with learning disabilities
learning something new everyday for example, learning more about the condition autism
management - ok
workplace culture - good
the hardest part of the job sometimes is keeping service users motivated - they have choice in what activities they would like to participate in but sometimes decline everything on offer
the whole day our service users are lovely, loving, happy and appreciative.
Pros
working lunches
Cons
no overtime
Varied work and very informative
SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London28 October 2017
Good place to work, great management, vibrant days, great children to work with. Budget cuts are affecting a lot of sectors across the board with the children's schemes being one of the main hits. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE!
Work experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London5 October 2017
Croydon council was one of my most favourite fun work experience that I have done, when I was in high school. A typical work day at Croydon Council was typing out letters faxing documents, carrying out administrative duties.
enjoy
Enforcement Manager (Former Employee) –  london26 September 2017
Very good working conditions. Staff were great, typical local authority in London with the same goals to meet duringh austerity. I manged a mul;ti discipline workforce in excess of 100 staff.
Pros
terms
Cons
red tape
They try due to cuts from central government .
Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 September 2017
Too many cuts to services and budgets has made working for croydon council less secure for job security.
However if you're in a management or directors position your pretty safe.
They look after themselves
Pros
Local Governments Pension
Cons
To many cuts to services and budget has lead to poor job security
Fostering
Foster Carer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 August 2017
Fostering children for Croydon was rewarding but hard work.The positives were that we cared for three lovely children. The negatives were that we experienced many changed of social workers.
Have had security of employment
Tenancy Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London5 August 2017
I have had the opportunity of working for Croydon for approximately 17 years. Have been afforded the opportunity to working in various Housing Advice positions, whilst learning the required legistlation
Pros
good leave
Cons
Application forms unecessarily long
The Minster Infant & Junior School
School Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  The Minster School31 July 2017
Working as a kitchen Assistant has been a great way as a stay at home mum of two, to gradually return to paid work.
Working as a team to ensure smooth running of the kitchen on a daily basis, delivering school dinners to a high standard and to ensure they meet food standards & regulations.
Pros
school holidays
Cons
no time off during term times
Working in Croydon was very fast paced and sometimes hectic.
Senior Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bernard Weatherill house, Mint Way, Croydon27 July 2017
I enjoyed working in Croydon, although a typical day is hectic and very fast paced.
I learned a lot in my role and was offered lots of trainings to help enhance my skills and keep abreast of changes in the government legislations and laws.
We had a good workplace culture, however, it was very target driven.
We had a good supportive and reliable team of which I helped build and develop.
This made the role and responsibilities a lot easier for both the staffs and the entire management teams.
Management of the teams were very tasking and sometimes stressful, due to the constant changes with the laws and legislations.
This I would probably describe as the most difficult aspect of the Job, including too much paper work.
I overall truly enjoyed my time with Croydon and was able to develop one of the most efficient and effective team.
I still maintain regular contacts and good relationship with my former colleagues.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Too much red tapes and paper work
Fun and easy
Cleaning Staff (Former Employee) –  Warren road24 July 2017
Croydon is a very very good area to be and the people I work with are very fun and the boss, managers and housing agent are very fun and don't mind who you are or where you come from they are just good Thank you.
Pros
Self serve
Cons
Part time
It was fine
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London9 May 2017
Good overall.the people were nice there I got a long with them really well they helped me out round the place showed me what to do they made me feel welcomed
Pros
Good company with staff
Cons
Customer service is important at all levels
Finance Officer (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London21 April 2017
A typical day - relaxed atmosphere but all focussing on the workload. On a daily basis learned to listen to customers needs and action where appropriate.
Management is fairly flexible which allows you to manage your own workload but of must be aware of important deadlines. Managers are always available and are easily contacted through email, instant messaging, telephone, Skype etc for any complex issues that have to be dealt with.
Workplace culture is relaxed but is full of processes, guidelines and procedures - all done with best intentions at heart for our customers. ICT is always a challenge at the best of times.
Enjoyable talking to customers and giving advice digitally and also face to face.
Pros
Nice new building with up to date facilities. Transport is good
Cons
Air conditioing
mundane
void supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Croydon, Greater London9 March 2017
culture within the company is very bad as far as support goes and systems are very antiquated, no tablets or laptops, lots of time spent in the office carrying out admin duties instead of being out on site which is where the job is important
Parking enforcement officern (Former Employee) –  London Croydon3 March 2017
Am out on road at my allocated patch looking for car that violent the traffic codes such as parking without valid ticket or having none and car that over stay the time limit they were supposed to be there for. Also calling for the town truck to take away car that have no valid permit or road tax dicx and insurance.
Pros
Meeting people of different backgrounds daily.
Cons
Walking on foot all day long
Reliable and trustworthy
School Crossing Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London22 November 2016
Working in all weathers, requires high standard of communication skills. Really good to have the school holidays off.
Pros
School Holidays
Cons
Weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Croydon Council. Our community is ready to answer.

Croydon Council Reviews by Location