Crowne Plaza Hotel

Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews

United Kingdom305 reviews
Busy shifts from morning till night .
I went on a lot of course and learned a lot throughout the years

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team I worked with , doing banquets for important people .
Pros
Talking to guests, working with the team
Cons
Long, busy days
I worked as team and all staff as excellent and kind and help each orther I found hard work and in rush hrs but enjoyed was good Management and very clean and extremely beautiful to work with all team work with under pressure but combined work fresh ingredients and lots of staff discount
Pros
Ok
Cons
Not sure
Working at Crowne Plaza was great but challenging at time but hosting and greeting the guest was wonderful you get to know the guest individually and it was wonderful to help people and it was great when the guest leaves there are happy.
the 6 months I worked there the first 3 months were very good. After that everything went down hill. You get left alone on shift for 8 hours,draining.
Pros
Guests, lunch and dinner at work For free. Teamwork
Cons
Management. Everything about how the hotel is managed
Love working here, it was like working for a family business. On a long shift you are able to eat free twice a day and a free hot drinks machine too. Plenty of overtime.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I really enjoyed my time during school work experience, it taught me alot about my future career and working as an adult, I hope I get the opportunity to take this knowledge i learnt to other employers
Management don't speak to staff very nice ,not a very nice atmosphere, as a part time worker I got more rooms than the full time workers. Overall one of the worst places I've worked!!!
Cons
I have been working for the Crowne Plaza Hotel and had a great opportunity to learn more about hospitality and provide the highest standards of quality and performance.
The work environment was pleasant - very glad to have been part of the team. The management does care for worker and customer wellbeing. A lot of valuable experience can be gained from this position.
Pros
Rewarding Salary
Cons
Late hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Crowne Plaza Hotel?
It's a fantastic place to work I feel at home and everyone is so friendly and welcoming it's a pleasure to work here

I would definitely recommend working here as it's a Brilliant place to gain confidence and to get that little bit more of experience
Excellent in every word and meeting lots of nice people.It was a pleasure to work at Crowne Plaza Heathrow Terminal 4!!I recommend this hotel for everyone who wants to have a great experience and enjoy the holiday or business time!
Enjoyed working here staff and colleagues were great.... Hours were suited to my needs... Always helpful lots of benefits of working there.. Breakfasts and dinners were free depending on shift time... quiche was awesome... lol..
Night manager was a vile human being not a very nice to work . I threatened by a homeless person with a knife for asking him to move from staircase were he was trying to sleep . As I had all ready mopped up his waste from the floor and Bove .got no support from management at all ....
Worked at the crowne plaza Leeds for many years .The housekeeping team were sold down the road and out sourced to a contractor p&p who treat their staff like animals the work load was increased dramatically .It was like the housekeeping team were no longer part of the hotel .Crowne plaza should hang there heads in shame for the way loyal staff were treated .length of service meant nothing
Some staff and managers are GREAT (ex Gym and Spa Managers, the late hotel Manager and housekeeping manager) and without fault, but as a general rule most staff/managers were hostile, rude, ignorant, unwilling to help, selfish, lazy, incompetent and a general lack of discipline and respect for colleagues and other human beings.
I enjoyed working in the kitchen because i love to cook the kitchen Is great the co workers were friendly and overall was a good place to work do not applie unless you are ready lol
Good
Great

Best

great location

free parking

free food on shift

amazing company
The management especially the Managing Director and his wife are awful people to work for, they have no people skills. When you leave they don’t pay you and call it training expense, disgusting. I highly recommend you steer clear of this hotel and his other hotel Holiday Inn Reading. It’s no wonder they have a huge turnover of staff.
This job is very fast paced but it’s good as builds up confidence and helps you to learn many useful skills which can be used in other areas. Everyone works together strongly and collaboratively as a team to ensure everything runs smoothly .
They don’t know how to deal with mental health, cannot offer support, that’s what I was told. Don’t work for this company total joke. They also back track on what they say.
Unfortunately Crown Plaza housekeeping manager was the worst experience I ever have in my life from doing her job and manage department she lying around and gossiping about everything and everyone ( That’s so professional 👏🏻🤣) That’s why she been kicked out from Hilton because of her lies and gossips hope she will never come back after maternity holidays and let new manager do a job and fix department what she mess up