Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews

Found 265 reviews matching the search See all 3,446 reviews
Ambiente lavorativo unico e stimolante
Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greater London19 September 2019
IHG is a very good organized brand . Everything has been thoutgh to work properly. I had a great experience and great time . I felt myself like in my own family. Very good choise .
Productive and appreciated
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester17 September 2019
My very short time here at crowne plaza Manchester I felt appreciated throughout, I was trained to the highest of standard, colleagues became friends, the general manager was fantastic and fun, the entire team worked to help each other (including management)
If you ever have a chance to work here I would seriously take it!
Pros
Free lunch/dinner, benefits, appreciation, fun, relaxed
Cons
Can get short staffed but that happens everywhere
Worst company
NIGHT RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Crawley14 September 2019
Didn’t like working for this hotel it’s mad stressful and barely progression so it’s a no for me really they don’t appreciate and the management don’t know half of what they are doing and they are bossy
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours no time for personal life as only two days off
Very nice colleagues
Assistent Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Colchester12 September 2019
Very nice environment
very good colleagues
Very good food
Restaurant, spa,bars give staff discounts
rest is just like should be in a normal hotel
Pros
free lunch
Cons
out of city
Perfect place for work experience
Assistant Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham3 September 2019
This is an amazing place to complete work experience, everybody here helps you with problems you face during the work day, this is also easily accessible by train.
productive and fun
Banqueting Staff (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon31 August 2019
I really enjoyed working here. I loved working as a team and I loved interacting with new people each day. It really made me happy knowing that costumers were happy with my service.
Crowne Plaza
Banqueting Attendant (Former Employee) –  Felbridge31 August 2019
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Felbridge, Banqueting Attendant
Welcoming and serving customers, preparing food and beverages, evenings and some weekend work. very fast-paced.
Poorly Organised workplace
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marlow, Buckinghamshire29 August 2019
The management is poorly ran, with payments being late to certain employees and lack of information provided constantly.
I waited for over 2 hours before the time I was meant to have an interview.
The higher up employees such as the food and beverage manager and head chef are constantly arguing creating a toxic workplace.
Not a nice place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 August 2019
Staff were very “clicky” at crowne plaza, always felt like an outsider. For such a big company you’d of thought staff would be paid more than minimum wage. Staff were made to work a late night shift then an early morning straight after another which seemed unfair as there wasn’t many hours in between shifts for rest time. None of the staff speak up about any issues to management they do it all behind each other’s backs, no one seemed to like working late - early but still was too scared to voice opinions,Very few that did were told “you have to get used to it” if they had a problem with this. I worked for this company for a long time and at first they sell you the dream but all isn’t what it seems to be!
Not good
Houskeeper (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear9 August 2019
Hotel care ruined it before the takeover it was good not now they expect too much from you in too little time i would not advise people to work here while hotel care are in charge
Crowne plaza man airport
Concierge/Driver (Current Employee) –  Manchester airport7 August 2019
Stress free job in the front line of customer service. Dealing with the guests is the best part of the position . Peaks and troughs of busy and quiet times
Pros
Guests
Cons
Empire building supervisory staff whom I personally wouldn’t trust with a tv remote
Not a good management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Nottingham3 August 2019
The management was not professional, treating staff with no respect. Most overtime was forced and not paid. Staff was not nice to each other, causing a unwelcome environment to work in.
Lovely environment to work in
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh19 July 2019
I really enjoyed my time at the Crowne Plaza, although many ups & downs but what job doesn’t. I only left the hotel as I am changing career, or I would still be there! :)
Pros
Very friendly team and GM
Cons
Travel and parking costs
5 days a week available weekend
Breakfast Manager (Current Employee) –  Restaurant8 July 2019
very nice place to work great team . Im early person so very enjoy breakfast shift :)
poor management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Speke7 July 2019
The most stressful part about this company is that the management does not care about you.
Also, no health and safety.
Rude staff.
Pros
non
Cons
lots
fun place to work at
chef (Former Employee) –  nec5 July 2019
everyone gets along with each other and the work isn't super difficult
linen porter
Linen Porter (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen / Dyce24 June 2019
the best team work , and place for work
“Ardia on reception was extremely helpful as I had an early flight she suggested I order breakfast at 5am in my room . That worked well and the breakfast was on time and very good .
She had my invoice ready for me when I left at 0525. All saved time . Thank you”
Discriminating & Lazy Management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  NEC20 June 2019
Such ashame about the management as it was once a lovely hotel. Most team members are lovely to work with but the management team are another story. No progress they never progress from within always recruit people who don’t understand the systems.
Discrimination is also evident.
Pros
Location next to NEC, lovely Team Members
Cons
Management. No Progression, Discriminating
Very busy environment
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Liverpool15 June 2019
I really enjoyed this job, I liked how busy the kitchen could be, no two shifts where ever the same. I was often called on with short notice when let down by other Kitchen porters or staff shortages.
Pros
Nice staff, job enjoyment, regular hours
Cons
Good pay, not too demanding.
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear6 June 2019
Often you would be required to do some extra work for the Chefs, although this was easily manageable so long as you pay attention to what they want and expect. Typically there are two porters on shift, so one can focus on the main details, such as washing, while the other can focus on the smaller, miscellaneous (although equally important) jobs.

Pay wasn't too bad, and the hours were about 6-9 a day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crowne Plaza Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K