Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North

Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North Employee Reviews in Hitchin

I found everyone in the office wanted to help new starters to find their feet quickly. I enjoyed working there and only left as it was a maternity cover role and the original employee returned to work.
I have worked for Crossroads for over 9 years now. I started as a general assistant and have progressed over the years. I am delighted to work for such a supportive, dynamic and people friendly organisation. I have worked in retail previously and found the culture of the organisation to be so different. I get listened to here. I can progress and develop my skills and meet my desire to help people. I would thoroughly recommend! Most do!
Pros
Charity, Caring, Local, Management Team That Listen
I’ve worked here for 6 years and love what I do, working with such a committed and compassionate team. Colleagues care for clients by caring for each other. There’s a very supportive culture where the management genuinely want to know what works well and not so well to make it a great place to work. The training is inclusive where you get the opportunity to share challenges and learning from each other.
I work in an administrative capacity and was drawn to this company because it is a charity helping carers and those they love, which as a carer myself is a cause close ty my heart. The atmosphere at the office is very welcoming. The culture is focussed and people work hard but also there is often laughter.
The team at Crossroads are so committed, out there all weathers, all hours providing essential respite support for vulnerable isolated people. Amazing training programme that gives confidence & the skills to people who are completely new to this kind of work. You get a premium if you do more hours & get more annual leave with length of service.
Pros
Good Mileage Rate, Travel Time & Flexible Hours.
Cons
Can be quite a bit of travelling.
I have worked for Crossroads for over 2years now. I first started as a support worker. During this time a completed my NVQ level 2. Crossroads supported me through this process. After being with Crossroads for just over a year I expressed to HR that I would like to progress to other roles within the organisation. I knew I didn't want to leave crossroads as I hadn't yet worked for a company that managed and looked after their staff as well. I then applied for another position and Crossroads helped me develop into the new role and spent time on my learning and development. I now coordinate the North area, I am very happy within this role but still hope to progress further within the organisation.
Pros
friendly team, flexible, rewarding