Play YouTube video button
Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North

Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North Employee Reviews

Brilliant to fit in around family life
The clients you visit regularly start to feel like your family and you want to do your best by them
The rota team always do their best to accommodate your availability with the needs of the clients

Good training
Kind and collaborative work place
I found everyone in the office wanted to help new starters to find their feet quickly.
I enjoyed working there and only left as it was a maternity cover role and the original employee returned to work.
Wonderful Place to work
I have worked for crossroads for nearly 18 months and have found them a brilliant company to work for. I have worked in a quite few care company`s and Crossroads are the best they have excellent training. The managers are helpful and listen to any concerns. I am proud to tell people I work for crossroads!
The place where everyone is valued
I started to work for Crossroads nearly a year ago. It is the best company I have ever worked for. I feel supported and valued, listened and encouraged to grow in my job role. The management is approachable and helpful, working with us to achieve a good work and life balance.I am very proud that I can work for such a great company.
Good company to work for
Crossroads is a good place if you wish to progress in your position.
lots of training courses, always updated to make sure we are up to date with all policies and are confident in what we are doing. Always an ear to listen if we are concerned about issues with clients.
Pros
Good team to work for and with
Cons
Paperwork which is now all done on phones
Great workplace
Fantastic company to work for. So much support from management to other support workers. Being new and inexperienced in care, I fell like I have great support from everyone and great training.
Pros
Ongoing support
Helping People Helps Me
I have worked for Crossroads for over 9 years now. I started as a general assistant and have progressed over the years. I am delighted to work for such a supportive, dynamic and people friendly organisation.

I have worked in retail previously and found the culture of the organisation to be so different. I get listened to here. I can progress and develop my skills and meet my desire to help people.

I would thoroughly recommend! Most do!
Pros
Charity, Caring, Local, Management Team That Listen
Committed & supportive team
I’ve worked here for 6 years and love what I do, working with such a committed and compassionate team. Colleagues care for clients by caring for each other. There’s a very supportive culture where the management genuinely want to know what works well and not so well to make it a great place to work.

The training is inclusive where you get the opportunity to share challenges and learning from each other.
Love Working Here
I work in an administrative capacity and was drawn to this company because it is a charity helping carers and those they love, which as a carer myself is a cause close ty my heart. The atmosphere at the office is very welcoming. The culture is focussed and people work hard but also there is often laughter.
Really committed team & very supportive company
The team at Crossroads are so committed, out there all weathers, all hours providing essential respite support for vulnerable isolated people.

Amazing training programme that gives confidence & the skills to people who are completely new to this kind of work.

You get a premium if you do more hours & get more annual leave with length of service.
Pros
Good Mileage Rate, Travel Time & Flexible Hours.
Cons
Can be quite a bit of travelling.
Great support workers
Working at Crossroads as a support worker is very rewarding knowing you are giving carers a break and also spending quality time with the Cared For. The hardest part of the job is not being able to do more for clients.
Pros
Not having to work weekends
Cons
Lack of support
Lovely team to work with
I have worked for Crossroads for over 2years now.
I first started as a support worker. During this time a completed my NVQ level 2. Crossroads supported me through this process.

After being with Crossroads for just over a year I expressed to HR that I would like to progress to other roles within the organisation. I knew I didn't want to leave crossroads as I hadn't yet worked for a company that managed and looked after their staff as well.

I then applied for another position and Crossroads helped me develop into the new role and spent time on my learning and development.

I now coordinate the North area, I am very happy within this role but still hope to progress further within the organisation.
Pros
friendly team, flexible, rewarding
Sadly disappointed
Sadly, despite being a 'care' charity, didn't find them very caring when I needed it. Was very open and honest about my training requirements in some administrative areas and was told that I would get any support needed which I felt I didn't get.
It is my opinion management contributed to ill feeling between a few colleagues and I over some issues I was asked not to discuss.

Believe my illness came as a relief to this company as I didn't have the strength to fight two battles at once and, as I was still in my probationary period had to leave,

On a positive note and with hindsight they did me a favour as I have been using my recovery time to re-train and am moving forward to better things.

(Most of the staff were really nice and kind though)
Pros
lots of kind 'rank and file' staff
Cons
Sadly disappointed and hurt with some senior staff
Comment – 16 August 2017
(Had already turned down two previous job offers from the company within a year or so I believe, and, was still offered another interview and subsequent position with them so, they must have seen potential somewhere and still wanted me. Also, sat the required computer competency test which took me bit longer than expected and, again, told not to worry and, once again offered a job.)
Great company, great rewards, great team work
I have worked for Crossroads care for a few years now and I have enjoyed every moment. I have worked my way up in the company and believe to be providing the best service. Crossroads care is all about the carer's and the cared for's. We try our hardest to provide the best quality support we can, we are as flexible with clients as possible and always stretch ourselves to provide services. I build care plans for all individuals in the North Herts area and allocate staff to provide their respite breaks. All staff are extremely hard working and put there all into their job roles, without the staff Crossroads would not provide the service we do. All staff receive the best quality training and support throughout their job roles and they know where to go if support is required. I have learned a lot from working for Crossroads care and believe to of had the best training throughout my career. I have had the opportunity to build myself up and gain NVQ's with Crossroads. All the managers are approachable and friendly, they make you feel welcome and acknowledge any issues raised and follow up promptly. All work colleagues are friendly and easy to talk to. The hardest part of my job is ensuring I find someone to provide the service without leaving the individuals waiting too long without support. The part I enjoy the most is knowing I am making a difference for an individual and providing support to prolong their abilities and independence where we can do so, hearing how pleased they are with some support is heart warming.
Crossroads care makes a difference and is a really good company
 - more...
Pros
Making a difference to individual's lives and great oportunities
The best so far.....
Been here for a few years now. The team really welcomed me on board with cheery smiles and offers of tea and biscuits.
I coordinate the North Herts and Stevenage areas, my days are busy and the weeks fly by, ensuring all calls are covered so carers get their respite breaks. The hardest part of my job is getting timesheets verified, but with the new introduction of SMART phones to all our support workers, I'm hoping this will become easier. The best part of my job is hearing the 'Thank you' we so often receive from carers when they have been able to have a break from caring.

I have so much respect for the lovely support workers who are our shining stars in the community and really do make a difference to the lives of those they visit, without them Crossroads would not be the award winning company it is.
Pros
Great company, good oportunities