Cross Keys Homes Employee Reviews

Very Unhappy
Doormat (Former Employee) –  Head Office31 May 2018
* Impossible to meet targets.
* Staff in our dept given no freedom at all and were unable to make any decisions.
* It was a very regimented workplace.
* It was difficult to concentrate in a huge, open plan, noisy office.
* Good managers were not recognised.
* People were promoted without having to apply for jobs or be interviewed, which causes friction.
* People were moved to different departments against their wishes
* Others were put through stressful interviews and were refused anyway.
* Very inconsistent approach to internal staff movement.
* Some managers were very unsupportive.
* It was almost impossible to talk privately to management.
* We had several changes of management in short time frame.
* I experienced a very poor response to personal issues.
* One particular manager was a bully and singled a few people out.
* Concerns raised with senior management were ignored.
* People are expected to work unpaid overtime and then crticised for doing so
* There was one very supportive manager and kind manager who was redployed.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very poor management
Appalling Culture
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Peterborough4 January 2018
Having worked in one of the core functions there, I have to say, I am very disappointed.
Bullying culture and rude management.
Issues never get resolved and you will be pushed/bullied to tolerate or it will only get worse.
Very unpleasant experience personally. However, it can be specific to different departments. Some managers do look after their team members and seem to have a good atmosphere.
Former employee
Arrears officer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire23 November 2017
Impossible bonus targets.

Managers not particularly talented, or even that intelligent.

In my experience staff are bullied and belittled.

The management team in reality, care little about the staff and are more concerned about their own welfare and careers.

I would really think twice about applying for a career with cross keys homes.

The salaries are not great and you are expected to work over your prescribed contractual hours.

AVOID!!
Pros
Cons
Poor management, low salary, expected to work long hours
confusing and depressing
Domiciliary Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire8 November 2017
clients not a concern best part of the job. Clients often complained carers changed too much which carers have no control over.
Coordinator did not allow enough travel time which cut short visits to clients.
sent to jobs miles apart and given 5 mins to get there.
late jobs sent out in a sneaky way on the end of shift and coordinator leaving you with no option but to do them even though you have a home life or someone else to look after. Many carers in this kind of work are already carers for other people.
You are told you can work the hours you want but this is not the case and there was bullying from coordinator to do extra jobs or senior would be involved.
Called on days off, it got so bad I still cannot stand the sound of notifications/ring tone on mobile phones as it reminds me of the hassle of being called and not being left alone.
Management was not very nice.

An unpleasant experience resulting in my resignation from the job.
Pros
the clients
Cons
not very well organised
Poor management
Housing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire25 October 2017
Poor management, that mistreat, spy on, and discriminate against their workers. Beware what you write on social media. Beware of backstabbing co workers.
Ex council Employees lots of entitlement issues
HR Business Partner (Interim) (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire24 April 2017
Lots of long tenure employees who are ex council. Business is doing its best to change the culture and be a modern progressive business, but faces challenges in doing that.
too much stress for not much pay
worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire13 January 2017
Over stretched, poor pay, poor policies make it hard to do job. You can work in a less stressful job for more pay.
The holiday entitlement is good if you have been there a long time however not much room for growth, bonus' are unachievable
Engaged and forward thinking organisation
Payroll and Pensions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough16 November 2016
I worked on a consultancy basis and although very close to employees and Exec I cannot comment on what a workers typical day would be .
Enjoyable job
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Peterborough23 September 2016
Long hours, no social life. Management issues. Pay lowered, unable to live comfortable any more due to business issues.
A dedicated social landlord
Supported housing team manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough6 December 2015
A rewarding and challenging role in an organisation committed to providing housing and support to our customers. Regularly achieving customer satisfaction in excess of 90%.
Pros
Good colleagues, strong organisational values.
Cons
Little room to further develop my career

Want to know more about Cross Keys Homes?

Ask a question
Productive and positive place to work
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ENG26 October 2015
The thing i most enjoyed about working at Cross keys is the experience that i have gained and the people that i have met. The management is fantastic and know how to make a team work.
Fun and Professional
Communities Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough17 August 2015
I loved working for Cross Keys Homes because every single person was friendly and would always make you feel welcome to the team.
The things i did involved; making calls, helping out on courses, posting the mail out and making leaflets, I learnt a lot while working there for example; I was shy and was afraid of change but working at Cross Keys Homes had helped me understand that being myself will get me further in life. The hardest part of the job for me was making calls to people but that's just a problem i have as i feel awkward when talking to anyone on the phone and the part i enjoyed most was making leaflets and interacting with the rest of the team members as they knew how to make a bad day turn into a better day. I could go on as there is many great things about working for CKH.
Pros
Having amazing co-workers
Cons
N/a
Estate Ranger (Former Employee) –  Peterborough7 January 2015
This Job was fast paced and slightly enjoyable, on a day to day basis we had to clean out blocks of flats and maintain them to a very high standard and report any faults or damages, the hardest part to the job was facing angry tenants but you just had to deal with the situation calmly.

My manager was fantastic and would help you with anything you needed, my coworkers were great to work with and a real good laugh and had fantastic sense of humours which makes the job more fun.

I learned a lot working at cross keys which was a good experience and the experience I gained form there I can bring with me to any other job.
Pros
Free work uniform
Cons
Long shifts and early starts
hardworking and caring
Registered Manager (care) (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ENG19 November 2014
busy with phone enquiries
carrying out 121s
taking management decisions about medication
preparing statistics for management
hardest oart - wide variety and HR issues
most enjoyable - having satisfied customers
Pros
good colleagues
Cons
long hours and on call duties
A Rewarding role
Telecare Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Supported Housing14 June 2014
I enjoyed the various experiences working with vulnerable people and interacting with other agencies, from Support workers, Hospital Care at home teams, Social services, and other emergency services on a daily basis .
The hardest part of this role was trying to provide the best help for some elderly/vulnerable folk.

it was always very nice to hear that what I did on any particular day was both noticed and appreciated
Pros
Able to provide help and support to the vulnerable
Cons
Poor work life balance.
Highly pressurised and stressful but rewarding.
TELECARE SERVICES OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ENG14 April 2014
I work 12 hour shifts on a four on four off rota both days and nights. I receive 300-400 calls per day from vulnerable and distressed clients. I assess, triage and summon appropriate help. I monitor and action emails throughout the day. I monitor calls from sheltered housing sites for four housing associations. In the evening I take in addition out of hours repairs calls for two housing associations and out of hours calls for duty social workers for Cambridgeshire. When on night shifts I perform administrative tasks in addition to the day tasks
I have learned to be highly organised and multi tasked. Patience and good listening skills is essential as is tact and empathy.
I am managed by a day shift supervisor, contracts manager and a head of social housing.
I work with a highly motivated and passionate team that consists of 20 people.
The hardest part of my job is recovering from nightshifts
The most enjoyable is the satisfaction of knowing each day I have made a difference to somebodies life.
Pros
I recieve good shift allowances
Cons
I dislike nightshifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cross Keys Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Cross Keys Homes Reviews by Location