Cromwell Group Employee Reviews

Toxic environment
Ex-employee (Former Employee) –  Wigston31 October 2018
An ill-managed company that offers employees no more than the bare minimum the law allows them to get away with.

Stupefyingly incompetent managers, team leaders and glorified charge-hands use the most heinous of tactics - bullying, harassment, character assassination - to achieve targets and advance their own personal gain

A truly toxic environment with appalling conditions and bogus concern for health & safety conditions all conspire to a continuous revolving door of staff resulting in a workforce that never has enough people trained up to speed at any given time.

If you're prepared to cosy up to unsavoury supervisors and fall in with their dubious methods of rule, then you're likely climb the career/wage ladder. If however, your face doesn't fit, then abandon hope all ye that enter here - you're on your own and no one has your back.

Lip service is disingenuously paid to the virtues of team-work and camaraderie, but its as insincere as anything else in their manifesto. This is an engineered culture of finger-pointing, blame and backstabbing and its every man & woman for themselves.

Cromwell is a strong contender for the worst place I have ever worked and I strongly advise anyone applying for a position there to approach with extreme caution (this is about the kindest thing I can find in my heart to say about this company). You have been warned.
Pros
Local, regular hours
Cons
Management, wage, prospects, minimal breaks, working conditions etc.
Excellent place to work
National Key Accounts Manager - Aerospace (Former Employee) –  GLOBAL10 October 2018
Learned too much to put into here! Setting up cromwell indonesia from zero was one of my favourite adventures! Negotiating with french suppliers was the hardest!
Pros
Meeting and learining new cultures
Cons
Sometimes forgeting which airport I was at!
work experience
Shadowed a key member of product management (Former Employee) –  Wigston Magna, Leicestershire18 December 2018
I did my work experience at Cromwell as a part off my AAT level 2 course at college and found it a very good experience as i learnt a lot about the subject i was studying and more important areas of finance.
Not an ideal company to work for
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands25 January 2019
Minimal training and was expected to know everything
Constantly shouted at
Mistakes not tolerated
Not an ideal company to work for
Made some good friends
Pros
Local
Cons
Training inadequate
Totally unappreciated
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff8 November 2018
Not a good place to work , only care about is profits ( not shared with staff) deep cost cutting, poorly run , glad I got made redundant , will miss work mates
Pros
Team mates
Cons
Low wages, unappreciated
Ignorant staff
It (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire21 September 2018
Poor pay. No progression.ignorant team members. Narrow minded. No support from managers.old offices. Noisy rooms.bullying. penny pinching.hr don't care. Basic training.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Same boring work and ignorant team members
Dont bother
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff5 May 2018
They've just laid 15 people off from the Cardiff with a view of closing 4-5 more branches by the end of the year we're the only one in Wales yet they're letting us go it won't be long before all their contracts give up on them Grainger are a terrible company to work for only apply if your desperate was gutted to leave but that was only because of my work mates. From the management up you couldn't trust them as far as you could throw them
Pros
Staff
Cons
No trust, branch closures
The IT department that wants to advance
Business Systems Developer (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire3 February 2018
Working for Cromwell in the IT department is quiet the experience.
They are flexible on the working hours and when they allow arrangements to work from home a few days a month. While every person int he IT department has a different skill set, yet they somehow fit well together as a well oiled machine.
The are constantly driving forward to improve themselves, both as individuals and as a company.

The drawback is that they just came out of an era where that wasn't the case, so some of the technologies and practices are dated, some as old as 20 years. This can be frustrating and lead to conflict but they are all eager to move on from them.
Pros
Free drink (cold and warm), huge parking, quarterly bonus, free training in whichever field you want, peer reviews
Cons
Open office for the whole IT department, HQ is at a different location
Divisional Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria18 September 2017
- Varied working days
- Additional operations management
- Strong team works well together
- Hardest part of the job is lack of response to emails
- Working with my colleagues
Pros
Everyday is different
Cons
Job Stability
No comment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire25 April 2017
I have worked here pretty much all my career. I used to really enjoy it but now I feel like I need a change of scenery. I do not feel like I have job satisfaction anymore
Great Company
Internal Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bridge of Don, SCT3 October 2013
Processing enquiries & orders, primarily received over the telephone but also through written and email correspondence
Generating sales and pro-actively seeking new business
Administration of local contracts and consignment agreements
Supporting all aspects of the general running of the branch
Pros
Bonuses
The company was taken over & the changes that were made effected my kid
Sales (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham31 January 2017
Was a great company to work for the 27 years I was there , great people and wry professional company, I enjoyed working at this company & learned a great deal
Pros
Secure job