Crieff Hydro Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
kitchen porter
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Crieff21 July 2017
I enjoyed working here as it was a friendly place to be and i got on with all of my work mates.

my typical day at work would be to turn up in the morning for my shift and to help prep breakfast, once breakfast was all done i would carry on with my other jobs, ie cleaning the kitchen area, washing dishes etc , after this it would be the same routine but with lunches.
Pros
making friends
Great company culture
management (Former Employee) –  .11 September 2015
A company that still has a heart and soul
accommodating staff needs more than other hotel companies I have worked for
however some management personnel are clueless and just dodge bullets and make sure they are liked by the right people rather than actually doing their jobs
Pros
people you work with
Cons
long hours, not all management have the relevant experience
good to become a fantastic professional
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crieff, SCT26 February 2015
This was,and still is,my next step within the UK.
Here they teach you everything(e.g.how to carry properly a tray full of glasses,to deal with customers or know how to reccomend wines and other drinks)
The team is quite big and the people stay here too long(average 3-4 months) we have got a good team,efficient and not intrusive.
The management do not let you down,they are there for you if you have some problem you can not deal with they will do everything in their hands to try to solve it.
Pros
You can save good money, fantastic live-in-accommodation
Cons
not enough resting
Childcare Supervisor
Childcare Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crieff, Perthshire19 February 2014
Childcare Supervisor means that you work shift work this means 12 hour days and working lots of days in a row, I enjoyed my time at the Hydro as I had an awesome team behind me. My role was to look after staff and children to make sure that the children had as much fun in a safe environment. In the setting we looked after 140 children which means that you would have 22 members of staff. Some days and nights you would be the the only management in so you would be in control of the whole setting with all the children and staff.
I was trained in working the reception duties this was booking children in, setting and planning parties, emailing department and staff taking enquires via phone or emails.
I was always involved with the employing new staff and then helping them with the training. When working in a team its a good way to help new staff with things that they don't know this allows you to show them your skills and knowledge that will help them.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Very Long hours

Want to know more about Crieff Hydro?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crieff Hydro. Our community is ready to answer.

Crieff Hydro Reviews by Location