Crest Nicholson

Crest Nicholson Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
Well known organisation, with hard working individuals. Always working as a region pulling their weight to reach the overall targets. Communication is the key to success.
A hard question to answer as this changed dramatically over the years. Usually very busy, which I enjoyed. They were very relaxed about tea breaks etc, but given the job I did, I had to work to strict deadlines.
Pros
Private health cover, SAYE schemes etc
Cons
Could be long hours
Work can be hectic and also slow, once you get use to the software. Most people are very friendly some keep themselves to themselves that's usual in most places. They use headphones but do have the occasions where they interact. Some work is monotonous.
Nice people, nice working environment. Management heavy, inconsistent instruction. Generally a good company, although going through a lot of changes at present, with new management at the top, and it will not remain the same company.
Pros
good salary
Cons
indecisive
I was the forklift driver on ringers Road job for a couple of months although I thought the amount of material wasted on the job was beyond a joke the people were really friendly to work with and the managers were sound, I liked the job and standard of the work I would have no problem working with crest again
Rubbish to work for. Incompetent high management and just run for there greedy ness with no care for the quality
15 July 2019
Thanks for leaving a review. We're really sorry to hear your experience with Crest Nicholson wasn't a happy one - we do place a lot of emphasis on trying to get a good balance of quality whilst being delivered on time though this can prove to be a real challenge with particular projects. If you have any other comments you're welcome to get in touch with us directly.
A very nice company to work for. but if you are less busy, they want you to do something else that's not related to your trade. like cleaning and all that, and if you refuse. You are gone. I was in one of their project in New cross. I have a long contract and enjoyed everyday.
Pros
Calm. easy day
15 July 2019
Thanks for leaving a review, we're pleased to hear you enjoyed your role with us and liked working for us. We're grateful you were willing to get involved with other areas at busy times, this is exactly what makes Crest Nicholson a great place to work - team work!
Great company to work for with a fantastic (high spec) product offering.
Above average salary for the industry, great benefits and bonus scheme.

Lovely people and culture.
15 July 2019
Thank you for leaving a review, we're delighted to hear you love working for us and believe in the Crest product. Keep up the good work :)
I like the company and would work again. There product is much better than other companies out there however you have to work hard to earn your bonus. Crest is a good company to work for. should you want to work for them then please prepare for hard work although end results are always rewarding.
Pros
Free health care
Cons
long hours on year end completions
Crest Nicholson are a fantastic company to work for. As a sales adviser I feel a valued member of the team and have great job security. I really enjoy selling crest homes due to the high standard of products and the lovely communities they create. Management team are brilliant too, would highly recommend working for Crest Nicholson
No structure for Document Controller.
No EDMS in place

No room to grow and move up in the organisation

The staff turnover is high

A few great people to work with though
Pros
Free Breakfast on Friday
Cons
was really good working there, team was good and instructions on what i needed to do were clear, paid on time and promise's were kept, also learned alot working there which i hope to carry on
Pros
good work
Cons
I have only been working at Crest for a few weeks but they have been so welcoming and friendly. I work within the customer services team and the 5 girls on the team are amazing. So helpful and understanding.
I think this is a great company and if any permanent jobs come up with them I will be applying.

I would highly recommend Crest
Pros
Lovely office, free parking
Good company to work for look after the staff. Depending on what trade you do it can be very repetitive like first fixing and second fixing so best to mix it up what you do
hard working reliable and happy to learn i learnt a lot whilst working here the atmosphere was good and the team camaraderie was also good The hours suited me as I like to start early and finish at a reasonable time
Pros
good rates of pay
Cons
late nights sometmes
Ordering materials like 7 Newton blocks, etc
Cooperating with carpenters and bricklayers

Organizing job for 2 labors, mostly cleaning

Sending faxes as a confirmation of ordered materials

It was interim job
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very good place to work u get on with everyone my job was to make sure all delivery get there check they credentials make it save for pedestrian stop traffic also make sure it clean and tired check the fences done labour
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
40 hours a week but u can work weekends sometimes
cowboy company, my site manager was a plasterer on agency work.. didn't have a clue, the whole site was a death trap, they are one of the worst companies I have ever worked for.
Cons
poor support, cowboy nature, unrealistic expectations
day to day working with site operatives in building plots with site agents delegating work to the work force, hardest part is balancing learning with productivity but achievement makes it satisfying.
Very good company to work for unfortunately only needed for a short space of time. but would definitely work for the company again
Liaising with sub-contractors over coming problem details and quality issues
Meeting with purchasers and potential buyers talking them through the construction stages and home demonstrations

Always trying to improve on programs

And finally seeing a purchaser moving into their home and be pleased with the product
Pros
Having a great team of co-workers