Credit Suisse

Credit Suisse Employee Reviews

United Kingdom122 reviews
Overall Employee Friendly policies, Supportive and approchable Management , Flexible working hours, good office location,Work Culture is good (not very aggressive),
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
I learnt a huge amount during my time at Credit Suisse. Not only was a presented with a huge number of learning and networking opportunities, but everyone who worked there was hugely welcoming and willing to offer help at every oppurtunity.
CS are hardly known for exciting, blue-knuckle fun. They are a very conservative organisation. They are also very slow to change, and change is really only allowed for the build-the-bank side, and if you happen to be on the run-the-bank side, good luck. That being said, their managment is solid, their processes generally work, and there is really a lot to be said for that. And the canteen at Canary Wharf is good, I recommend the omlette bar.
Leading investment bank that developed complex risk testing models to provide regulatory reporting to the FCA. Globally distributed team. Helped move from waterfall to agile ways of working.
My roles at Credit Suisse were extremely busy, challenging and demanding but I enjoyed the daily work and responsibilities.

All roles have come with extreme responsibility but both my current and ARM roles have been challenging due to the AML and KYC demands and SOW in High risk countries.
Good and friendly work environment though annual review nòt very useful. If you work for the right team and under the right management there all is fine but when changes come they do not look at your wishes but just have to meet the requirements e.g making employees redundant if they have to reduce number of employees - no job security
Being an Investment Bank, Credit Suisse can be a challenging environment to work in, but the staff there are great and helps each other out during tough times and are sociable outside of work hours.
Company was trying to change direction and cut costs hence a lot of turmoil often keenly felt by the teams trying to run BAU. Cultural could be a bit paternalistic.
Unrewarding, no matter what hours worked or length of service. Line managers surrounded by yes men. Always trying to match other Swiss Banks without success.
I would highly recommend working for Credit Suisse. It is very diverse and fair with a great work-life balance. Newly refurbished office space also a plus
Completed work experience with the sales team with trades whilst working in the Fixed Income – FX Sales Department. Worked on and executed deals with the FX sales team to clients like Autobus and observed how these deals would be assessed by the Credit Risk Management Department afterwards.
Great place to work. Highly recommended. I have worked for this company for several years with an energetic and driven team. The company is very caring towards the employees as well as their service users.
My main daily tasks included senior diary management; meeting and greeting senior clients; overseas and UK-based travel arrangements (including flight/hotel booking, visas, trains, taxis and foreign currency ordering); arranging global conference calls and video-conferences; processing complex expense claims and monthly Corporate American Express card statements; and ad hoc administrative duties such as photocopying, scanning, binding, filing, distributing post/mail items. I learned a lot at Credit Suisse through working for different teams in different departments and thereby gaining valuable experience by liaising with different cultures and personalities, ie. bank traders, bank lawyers and investment bankers.

I believe the workplace culture at Credit Suisse is to work hard but also to have a good 'work : life' balance. Flexible working arrangements are available, if required.

I needed to ensure I was always organised, efficient, diligent and proactive which made each day at Credit Suisse a much more enjoyable experience.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Credit Suisse. I enjoyed the support provided the benefits and had a good salary. The management and HR support was great as was the support through maternity leave.
I enjoyed working at Credit Suisse, especially for its work/life balance and the people I worked with. As it was an international company the workforce was diverse, global and inclusive.
I started my career here and I was sad to leave. Great work life balance and culture. I have made some great networks here.

Many societies to join, and if it doesn't exist... you can create one! E.g Sailing society, Carom, Climbing, Badminton.. you name it!
Through Career Accelerator I found this experience an effective way to develop my knowledge and skills in the Finance and Technology industry. I learnt through the digital sector such as Artificial Intelligence to revolutionary new areas within traditional industries such as financial technology. I appeared myself in a level of professionalism with a great code of conduct.
Pros
Fun activities
Cons
Food places are far
ik was stagiaire en mocht overall meekijken, perfekte stage pleck.
Focus is purely on Swiss Operations with some minimal global bank is profit opportunities are there in the multiples. There is some focus on US operations but every where else is being scaled.
good place to work with many benefits and lots of opporunities to progress.
Many different divisions and really emphasis on working remotely as desk space is at a premium
Nice people and a good culture. The work life balance is good however like may banks they are going through cost cutting and contractor roles can be short.