Creative Support

Creative Support Employee Reviews

United Kingdom305 reviews
Training Development good, over work not much support from Management
I would not recommend Creative Support to anyone. Some of the staff were good team to work with, line manager are often changed over or go for a long time without one. Managers not very supported of their staff, often undermined as a staff member. Work long hours and often have to cover for staff at very short notice when you made plans to be with your family. Although they could use bank staff sometimes they did not want to use bank staff, so you were expected to drop everything to cover for other staff absences, even though you are absolutely shattered which is not good for you and the service users. The service users and families appreciated the staff but the management show a lack of regard for the work and hours put in. Very stressful working for this Company. I would not recommend anyone working for them. I use to wonder why they often advertise for staff on a regular basis, but since working for them i begin to realise why, they have a large turn over of staff. Staff members who started working often leave not too long after starting with Creative Support. There are a lack of empathy when staff members lose family members and grieving, The Company and management show a lack of support and respect and empathy at your time of grief, instead expect you to return back to work in a very short time span or immediately after you had buried your loved ones. There are no support given on your return back to work, from either your manager, director or team leader. Their is a total lack of respect and support given. On the whole I would not let my worst enemy work for this company.
Fantastic company
Amazing staff and management at the main office based in Manchester.
I was always made aware there were

Opportunities to move up the career ladder Or take on different jobs working the company if it was available.

It was a Fun and friendly atmosphere.

Plenty of training Was offered.
fine
the company are fine the staff are rude and backstab eachother they do look out for service users just the staff are very childish and dont work as a team
Good leadership and values based not for profit
I have worked for Creative Support for over 10 years, progressing to different roles. The senior management team are genuine and focused on the people we support and our front line staff. During this time in particular the company have pushed to ensure the safety of staff and service users. Staff are supported and valued and the benefits package is brilliant.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
You will be exepcted to share the company's values and ethos (not really a con)
Poor support culture
Worked for them for just under 3 weeks. Found the culture very uncaring. Didn't like the culture and did not want to continue my employment with them.
Pay structure is appalling still not been paid any wages 5 weeks after leaving. Head office/payroll are a joke none to speak to they just say email and never get back to you

My advice is stay away and look elsewhere
Bad company, Lovely tenants,controlling senior management.
Wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company. Cover up bad and unprofessional practices. Quick to criticize staff, yet sow to take responsibility for their mistakes Bullying seniors.
Pros
Lovely service users, some nice staff.
Cons
Long hours, no support, cover up bad practices.
Waste of time
Worked for garden and pathways but still had to do basic care certificate to look after clients trainees were talked to terrible manager sent mixed messages .
Avoid
The place is a shambles. No managers , directors or direction. Probably wont be long before somebody realises and the place gets closed. Supposed to care for people with mental health issues but dont give a toss about staff mental health.
Unfair management practices
The management I encountered during my short stint with this company were very ignorant and so were half of the team I was on, trying to dump their responsibilities onto other, more conscientious team members etc.
When I reported this, the response I was met with was more or less just a shrug of the shoulders. Appalling.
Pros
There was a nice team leader but she didn't stay for long
Cons
Almost everything
Great company to work for. Service users are the main priority
I work in a small team covering the National Out of Hours service. I get to communicate with people from all areas of the services and also service users and their families. The job is really rewarding as I am often able to help staff, service users and families resolve current problems. The OOH team is also well respected across the charity which is really appreciated. My work colleagues on the OOH team are all very knowledgeable and a joy to work with. It's a stressful/exciting job at times; but that's what I signed up for! Highly recommended!
Poorly managed
Services are managed inadequatly staff turn over is very high and wages are low. Staff must pay expences for travel which are essential to job role and paid in arrears. Being on low pay and spending £80/90 a month of travel makes it very difficult to get by. Due to high turnover case loads are high and service users do not get the best support they deserve.
Awful company, no management
Little to no management ever in the building. Very little training given. Constantly understaffed resulting in staff being assaulted. The whole service could do with serious improvements.
Awful company Keep away, very overworked, not appreciated
Severely overworked, pay is unrealistic you have to work countless hrs of overtime to make a decent wage. limited support sometimes days waiting for replies to phone calls. no back up just constant put you downs. Keep away. Favouritism shown to managers favourite staff, unrealistic targets. You'll never receive a correct monthly pay, disgusting practices. It's not about the residents agency will staff them happy to employ anyone just to fill a rota.
Working There
Working with the clients was amazing however working with other collegues wasn't that great. The hours worked well for me and my social life. I learnt about the different types of personalities that came with working with those who have autism.
Worst team to work with
The manager is lazy. No progression whatsoever, head office put too much pressure on you. Lack of staff and long hours. Would not recommend this company to anyone. Please steer clear
Good
Enjoy working for creative , also enjoy supporting the residents. Creative also has meetings for the residents which is a bonus as the residents enjoy doing this. Management are okay. Had alot of change but now moving forward.
Bad company
Trainings are offered to special staff who started working for them after me!Their pay rate is rubbish.You get no support from the managers.They only love you if you pick more shifts.They don’t care about their staff.
Poor
Shocking company to work for, no structure, very poor management, There's bitchiness and bullying. Managers are aware, but because they're too pally with those causing the problems, nothing is done. Overall a shambles
Avoid. Unless things change
There's no team morale. There's bitchiness and bullying. Managers are aware, but because they're too pally with those causing the problems, nothing is done.
The work itself is difficult at times. You have to learn the job from watching others, and guess the rest. There's no actual training on how to do the job and you don't know if you're doing it properly.
No chance of progression
Too much paperwork, stressful workload and you've got to look out for yourself or you will get chucked under a bus by management to save there own backs. Clients were the only reason you stay around, you need to be with a good staff team and fit in to enjoy it. Too big of a company just after one thing in my eyes. New starters get paid more when you've worked there alot longer. Everyone s pay is different which isn't fair.
Everyone work as a team even management
I've worked for creative for three years and I love the company they are good with service user.s and the staff. I went through an hard time and all the management where there for me they where helpful and very supportive they are well worth a try