Creative Support Employee Reviews

Horrible company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North West12 May 2018
If you are thinking of applying for a job with creative Support i would advise you not to. Service users are not listened to or respected. Any concerns raised are brushed under the carpet. Management are bullies who lie to service users families and make services look good on paper for CQC inspections. Staff are not treated equally. The payroll department mess up with wages all the time and they are very rude. They dont respond to emails or answer their phone on time. If you decide to go on maternity leave it can take more than 2 months for them to respond to your request.Only upside about this company is the service users, they are a pleasure to care for , its a shame they dont get all they deserve .
Pros
Wonderful service users
Cons
Poor management, rude payroll staff, no equality, service users not valued
Former employee morecambe
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Morecambe, Lancashire11 May 2018
Creative support provide training which is basic care and support training they emphasize the importance of policy and procedure , however whether this is followed in workplace is another matter ... what matters to them is the packages the clients have and if this means policy is not followed then so be it If a client wants to spend a voucher in something you as a support worker get told off by established members of staff who say its not allowed however finanacial policy stated if it's their money etc they can. If your face doesn't fit if you are allowing clients their full choices you again get told know you can't do that . If you show a more caring aspect to your job you get told you cant do that as its not allowed your a support worker you cant care ..... they sit around the houses doing very little except when it comes to a free lunch when they scramble in a rush to take clients out ..... the team leaders are afraid to speak up for clients against family members so half clients seem co supported instead of being given their full choices .... management scratch each others back so any complaints are ignored ....and if you do complain and allow client full choices you get alienated and made miserable because you have gone against the in crowd of staff ..... creative support do not support clients withh full choices or staff to help them do this . Each house has it's own rules and god help you if you don't fit in or follow them
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management house staff team leaders
Great training, and a company that wants to look after you
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester25 April 2018
Worked for CS on and off for a number of years. Overall a good company to work for. I think care is hard place to be at the moment, for both employers and employees. Learned absolutely loads at CS thanks to a great on-site training department (one of the best) and brilliant managers. There might be a lot of paperwork within the job but once you have been elsewhere you soon learn it is there for a reason, it is a thorough approach to care and means staff and service users are well cared for and protected. If you spend time getting to know the SUs and develop a therapeutic relationship you will be absolutely fine. Some aspects of the role are frustrating - the payroll dept, etc - but it really is 99% up to you to keep accurate records of what you've worked and get your timesheet in on time! One of the best things is is the out of hours support - even if you are lone working help is always a phone call away and out of hours team are really great. This company also pay £60+ for sleeps - there are still some companies out there who are not.
Pros
training, managers
over worked and undervalued
manager (Former Employee) –  Cumbria17 April 2018
Expected to work 60 plus hours a week as a supervisor, some days 18 hours. Told not to listen to clients, to do as external agencies dictated, including being told to leave clients in wet beds. If you really care about vulnerable adults do not work for Creative Support.
The worst
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Stoke, Staffordshire16 April 2018
I am an agency worker and have worked at a lot of places over the years but this company is the absolute worst, so much so that I informed my manager that I no longer want any work at any of the houses. I am currently looking for another job which isn't zero hours and when I saw that creative were after staff i felt the need to write this review. Please, no matter how desperate you are for work, do not apply for a job here. So many of the staff are rude and their language is disgusting.They sit around in their little gangs talking negatively about other staff members or even worse, the service users. All they want to do is get the service users out of bed, dressed and either sat in front of the tv or stuck back in their bedrooms,unless they are going out somewhere and then the staff are eager to get out for as i was told, a free lunch, or a chance to go and do some shopping. I always thought a support/care worker wanted to support or care for people but this company proved to me that this is not the case. As I said at the beginning, I have worked in alot of places but creative are the absolute worst. Don't get me wrong, some of the staff genuinely care but I found that the bad ones far outweighed the good.
Pros
no comment
Cons
lazy staff, backstabbing, rude
poor company to work for
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness8 April 2018
there management has poor practises they promise you many things at the interview and it sounds too good to be true and trust me it is. They expect you to work shifts at the drop of the hat and work you until you are burnt out and then expect you to work to a high standard constantly yet when you are working 50+ hours a week including waking night shifts and days in the same week they wonder why your performance drops they complain yet they continue to ask you to cover more shifts.
This is just the tip of the iceberg on this one.
Pros
lucky if you find some nice people to work with
Cons
where to start
Should be renamed Creative NoSupport
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  ulverston4 April 2018
Worked for a few companies and by far this is the worse company ever, cliques, preferential treatment for certain staff, grievances pushed aside, shocking avoid at all cost
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
14 hour days, one break if your lucky no support
Good Employer
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester22 March 2018
This company has its faults, but is generally very good and in the correct services (good management) you will have a professional enviorment lots of training and a chance to progress and gain lots of experience
Pros
Ability to work across lots of areas of work
Cons
Pay
its a big no from me.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  West Midlands22 March 2018
Do not attempt to join the company at all that is all im saying.Be a big fool if you do join it.Loads of issues with payroll list is endless..

But i can hold my hand up high and say that ive been very proud and supported some amazing service users gave them all my duty of care to them as per care plan such a shame i didn't get duty of care back from the company.Creative support you have lost a amazing worker here.
Cons
just be prepared to be phoned to go in on your days off and annual leave.
Highly recommended! Excellent company
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire21 March 2018
I personally would highly recommend creative support to anybody with an interest In care and wanting to make a difference towards people’s lives. I have worked for the company for many years and am still currently employed by creative support.
Creative support is a client based service and the clients are always put first.
The staff that I work with go above and beyond what is stated in their job description for the clients.
The home leader and senior have done nothing but support me since day one! They are always there to help with any issues or concerns.
Managers based at the office have always been very polite and available for any guidenece that may of been required.
As an overall I am very happy within my job and do feel that some of these reviews are very negative towards a company that offers so much, to not only their clients but also their staff!
Pros
Caring, organised, professional, well run
Cons
N/a
good to work for, rewarding job
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire21 March 2018
i have worked for creative support for many years, they are good to work for they have have supported me whenever i have a needed it. management/ homeleaders had no issues, supporting and encouraging, always helpful.
service users always comes first and supported with support staff that are willing to go the extra mile to support service users.
very good training to support you to fulfill your job role.
flexible contracts for staff with children.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
Fantastic company to work for
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire21 March 2018
Well after reading recent reviews, as a current employee I feel it necessary to respond.
I am a current employee based in Stoke-on-Trent and I can honesty say I enjoy my job role.
1. Clients are always put first and are priority over everything else continuously promoting independence. Staff at creative support exceed their job descriptions, going above and beyond for the clients they support.
2. Choice and opportunity for the clients is paramount.
3. The staff team are impeccable and have a healthy work and life balance. Excellent communication and team work skills.
4. As for the homeleader at the project I am based at, there is no fault whatsoever. Always there to help and support with any issues within or out of the the work place. Staffs welfare is never ignored.
5. Everybody always complains about the rate of pay but lets face it will it ever be enough? If we were on £10 per hour people would want £11 and so on.
6. Training is always kept up to date. I can not fault the training system at all. All expenses are refunded the same day.
7. The opportunity to progress within the career is available should you choose to do so.
8. Admin staff have been brought into these reviews a lot and I personally do not agreee with the negativity. I have always found admin staff polite and very helpful.
9. Managers at the local office are always just a phone call away for any advice and guidance needed. Always there to listen and offer support.
10. As a whole, opinions should not be created on the negative reviews that have been left on here. There are so many positive
  more... key facts of creative support that completely outweigh the negative!  less
Pros
Completely client focused
Cons
N/a
Manchester pioneers providing services to mental health clients
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire19 March 2018
Supporting mature adults with either a mental health diagnosis and or a dual diagnosis of a learning difficulty. Duties would include, providing as per the clients care plan, usually starting with personal care, meal involved preperation, medication management, support to medical appointments, and support to social activities, reviews, key worker training.
Pros
Very professional company
Cons
cost of living increase against salary increase
Stay away
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Telford12 March 2018
I worked for these for 2 months put in a service with no training no wonder I couldn’t cope no support. Money is good thou and service users are mostly nice
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours no support
past employee of 12 years in northwest.
Full time (Former Employee) –  Bolton Salford12 March 2018
The staff are normally really good yet the mangers tend to be more bad ones then good.
staff often feel under valued not supported from the top down and the pay system is unfair.
Payroll make alot of mistakes and corrections are stressful and frustrating.

But it really depends on the service as I have worked in a fantastically run well supported happy service which I believe should be a blue print for others to follow.
A new decent manger and good seniors shows its importances.

Pay for sleeps is very good and it's were you make the money.
To find a work life balance is not easy with the rota set up and many places short staffed.

The training is very good and better then most.

Theirs pros and negatives.

I think creative support can learn alot so to improve from its staff things like feedback forms and taking into account why theirs a very high staff turnover.
Pros
Sleep pay increase is better then most. Training and plenty' of shifts.
Cons
To many Awful managers not good money. Not well supported and treated very unprofessional at times.
stay away
dogsbody (Former Employee) –  north west england12 March 2018
Whistlblowing ? don't bother it will be ignored or covererd up. Voice concerns and not accept the response and you will be sorry. You must go along with the decisions of the high and mighty and don't dare question them or your life will be unbearable. Incompetent staff at Head office. Bullying is rife from the top, they have each others backs so trust no one, smiling assassions the lot of them. The harder you work for them the worse you will be treat by them. On paper to CQC etc they look good but it is lip service, it is not a fair reflection as to what actually happens in services, they know when they are getting inspected so everyone smile, get paperwork up today, all hands on deck (not the usual no staff) and after the inspection business as usual - or worse!!! If you are a bow & curtsey person you will be ok this should actually be on the job description but please do not apply if you think you may have an opinion - on anything. They are however very good at sowing - because they excell at stitching you up....
High & mighty ensure they get a more than fair wage but frontline staff just survive.
Loved the clients, made the job. I'm sure there a better companies out there whose main priorities are not the fat cats at the top.
Pros
the clients
Cons
pay, treatment of staff, bullying from higher management, incompetence at head office, what they say they do isn't a true reflection
Awful
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury/pontesbury11 March 2018
Management have favourites and tell lies, don’t care about their employees!
Loved working with the people and families and they were friendly and helpful.
Put in a complaint about management over a year ago to receive no reply!!
They didn’t even change my contract over from part time to bank staff and lied to me and made me look bad infront it head office.
Just awful
Many other better care companies out there just feel sorry for the service users
Pros
Nice service users and other staff to work with
Cons
Bad management, liers, bad company and will just cover themselves and own backs
Creative 'Support'? What a joke!
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire28 February 2018
This company doesn't deserve to have the word support in their name because a lot of the staff that I encountered didn't know the meaning of the word. Most of them are sat around like they're at a Mothers (or Fathers) meeting, chatting over coffee and putting the world to rights. I say most of them because if your face doesn't fit then you're treated like an outcast. These outcasts are usually the nice staff who seem to care about the clients welfare the most.
You also find that some staff can pick and choose what days/hours they work while the less vocal staff have to do the shifts that they're given with no room for compromise. The place is full of hypocrites who will slate others for things that they're guilty of doing themselves, for example using mobile phones on shift, making human errors, sitting around doing nothing.

As for management/home leaders. They're not helpful in the slightest. If you go to them with a problem, that problem is made bigger and more stressful because they make it that way! Nothing is confidential, they belittle what the problem is and do nothing about it, and they don't care about anything that may be affecting your physical or mental health. All they care about is that the rotas are covered. They don't care about how many extra hours they're asking people to do or whether they're calling you on your day off/annual leave to cover shifts and making you feel guilty if you say no, and they certainly don't care if you've got a life away from the workplace, but they make sure they have their free time! Maybe if they treated their staff better then
  more... they wouldn't be so short staffed. I'm glad I left the company because I felt like I aged 20 years in the 4 and a half years that I was there for. I worked in almost half of the houses and each one was as bad as the last! They need to have a good staff move around because plenty of the staff that I encountered acted as if the service users were in their homes and not the other way round. They got too comfortable and too complacent.

If you want to be a puppet who gets treated like you're a nobody then apply for a job (it's almost guaranteed that you'd get it because they're desperate for staff). If you value your physical/mental health and your home life then stay well away from Creative (No) Support! All I have to say now is good riddance!
Pros
You get paid for being there. Some staff are lovely. The clients are great!
Cons
Too many to mention.
So many fine workers exploited
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester26 February 2018
Incredibly high turn over of staff which is indicative of just how poorly they treat their staff; this effects morale amongst staff and continuity to service users.

It also highlights their priorities when Admin staff are paid higher salaries than experienced workers supporting the most vulnerable in our community.

Ethos and values of some of the fine ground force they have working for them is evident as most are on minimum wages and the ones who have vast experience are rewarded by an extra tenner a week( 30p an hour)

Cleaners and shop workers are better paid for stocking shelves and mopping floors- Just because many of us do it as a vocation doesn't mean we should not be valued and utilised like cannon- fodder in a battlefield, culminating in a steady stream of discontent staff leaving but this doesnt bother management as long as they have "bodies" to replace them.

I have chosen to leave and it gives me no pleasure in writing this as some of my colleagues were quintessentially the only reason I stayed so long.

Dates and base have been changed to protect myself.
Pros
Training
Cons
Poor salary; poor conditions and very poor management.
Busy, productive, challenging
Night Concierge (Former Employee) –  Widnes, Cheshire18 February 2018
A typical day at work in a nutshell would be to maintain communal and staff areas with an assortment of duties that kept me aware at all times. I learnt that every day presented completely different challenges and opportunities. I also picked up a lot of skills such as reception duties, monitoring and reporting.
Pros
busy
Cons
long hours, very little support for and amongst staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Creative Support. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6