CPM Employee Reviews

United Kingdom59 reviews
Overall experience was OK to start with but the longer i stayed the more problems there was.
Buying materials yourself because of ridiculous rules by management.

Had to phone office half hour before you go & buy to give a list of whats needed to complete works. the phone once in shop to get office to pay over phone.

Company has total disregards for health safety of its staff.

Can't tell how many guys left without full pay!

I got knocked a good few hundred pounds.

you've been warned.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too many
Since they purchased the company there's a bigger focus on business and less on people services. As an international company they seem aware of contemporary issues (#BLM etc) and respond well to requests.
CPM are an outsource company American owned and managed the nature of the business means that positions with the company have no guarantee of being permanent as clients and campaigns come and go as do the staff employed on them. Having said that this is a fast paced environment very focused on the client requirement and getting the results the client requires, the management team are good and the team managers try to make this a fun and vibrant environment it definitely has a work hard play hard ethic. Roles within the business vary dependent on the campaign you are assigned to. You are set challenging but achievable KPI's and you are expected to hit these as a minimum.
The management were good to work for and the Team atmosphere was really good. Worked with a lot a really nice people. Do a lot for charity which results in Fun Days and collecting Money, have a yearly Party at Christmas ,
Pros
Holiday Clubs and Flex to fit
Cons
Good working hours
This place is borderline racist, seriously vile management who when challenged target you in order to get rid of you. Training is none existent, it's very similar to a 90s call centre with Victorian values.
Sales Representative at CPM.
Territory field sales influencing independent retailers to promote Mars Wrigley products. Meeting targets, planning weekly structured visits, ensuring correct stock mix is carried at all times.
This company is not loyal to its workers & team managers tend to grease up management making out they are the bees knees when in fact they are back stabbers majority of them.
I really like working at cpm, i enjoy meeting new people and chatting about the new products im sampling. My co workers are are really helpful and supportive.
CPM is perfect to work at at my level (management). I have no experience of working at lower levels in the organisation though. I am allowed a lot of freedom in the way I work and am reviewed regularly and give useful constructive feedback.
Although the people are ok, the company is a mess and there is a struggle to get any recognition. My managers were supportive but with certain things that were out of their control, the compassion and realisation of 'human error' is almost non existent.
Managers couldn’t care less about sampling staff as long as dem is filled in stores they are happy.No support from managers no pat on the back when you do good. No proper training given at start of employment your thrown in the deep-end.
Wasn't there for long, but the time I was there I worked with great people. Did learn a lot as I'd not worked in the energy field. Work schedule was fine and had weekend/holidays off which was great.
Great place to work - the people make the business. Outsourcing has its ups and downs but working in a place like CPM provides so much experience and opportunities to you. Recommended
I've worked here for a while and theres been many instances where I have not received the right pay or have my hours registered as worked. Jobs are set by people in an office who have little field experience and it just ends up being a free snack stall
Official response from CPM
23 October 2019
We are sorry to hear you have had issues with your pay. Please contact the Recruitment team on recruitment.operations@omnirecruit.co.uk with the details and we will look into any discrepencies for you
management never around when needed no training or support when given new tasks not a great company i had no proper training i just had to pick up would i could and self learn the system and the business best i could
I worked for this company for a whole two days and was horrified
I received a call from the sales manager offering me the position and daily rate agreed

Turn up to address discussed only to find out it was to fit a bespoke kitchen

The guy on site hadn’t got a scooby doo what he was doing and was aimlessly trying to make sense of it all

The place was like a bomb site , I felt so sorry for the customer

I tried in vain to express my concerns to management but to no avail

Their answer was basically , if you don’t like you can go ( so I did just that ) if you value your professional reputation do not work for this company
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
Official response from CPM
9 October 2019
Unfortunately this review is not for CPM UK Limited but a different company as we do not fit kitchens
Unprofessional & Confrontational Senior Managers some of whom
Are highly untrustworthy and tell lies to cover their own errors. Senior leaders allowed to harass and intimidate staff (Warrington contact centre).

Lack of support, no duty of care, empathy or compassion towards personal circumstances.

No reward for loyalty. Promotion based on face fits culture and not scoring matrix at interview.

Recruitment process encourages bias and discrimination dictated by senior leaders.

HR Management Warrington highly unprofessional, encourages bias towards colleagues, manipulates facts and has no empathy.

Allow you to drown in an ever increasing

Workload and offer no support.
CPM has great comradery. The managers always strived to help you achieve your best. Incentives to help push people to get the best out of them in fun ways to make it more like a family than a job was always encouraged. This helped to retain people at the company. The people made the job more fun and if there was something that was not easy like a customer query- there was always support on how to handle the situation.
Pros
Great work colleagues
Cons
Changes happened too quick from day to day, with lack of communication from the client
It is a challenging and rewarding place to work. I would definitely work there again. I made great friends and learnt a lot in the role. great progression opportunities as well
From the minute I walked into CPM I was made to feel very welcome. Very understanding Office Manager who supported me 100% when I was going through a rough patch. Fun office but serious about work. Really did work as a team including management. Would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Hours, team work, understanding
Cons
Salary
No long term investment in people, very little reward for hours and level of commitment given to the business
Constant re -structures give little or no job security