COVENTRY CITY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Work
Refuse Collector (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands25 October 2018
I really enjoyed working for the Council. Unfortunately it was only agency work. I loved working here, the customer service, the team members, the hours.
Excellent
FC Associate (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands11 October 2018
Posts are clear and gives u the Information that u wanted it's amazing and it's a friendly place to work and there is no day the same I have worked for them for 4 years and would recommend to anyone willing to do this job
fun place to work
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  ChristChurch House8 October 2018
the work colleagues were fun to work with. with hot desking it became a bit lonelyplace as the connection one had before sitting with same people it wasn't there anymore.
Pros
flexitime, hot desking
Cons
not to be able to eat at desks
Poor communication and poor support structure
EHCP Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Coventry22 September 2018
Management that made dismissive decisions that opposed directives they gave staff to carry out.
Poor and last minute communication with teams.
No identified training route identified
Poor reflection of organisational obstacles.
Pros
Nice new building
Great Company to start working life
Library assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands8 August 2018
My first job out of education. Good grounding for admin and customer service skills. Helped me develop confidence. Opportunities to advance if wanted. Friendly and helpful senior staff. Different locations worked to give insight into variety of customer requirements,
Fun
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Coventry28 June 2018
I enjoyed working at Coventry City Council. This gave me a good insight to working life after having just left school before i started. The hours are good but pay could improve
Supportive management
Job 2 - IT Trainer/Assessor (Current Employee) –  Southfields Old School Adult Education, Coventry8 June 2018
I find my line managers and upper management within my department supportive and caring.

They have been extremely supportive in allowing further education training and development.

They are keen to offer further work, unfortunately, this has to be within the constraints of their budgets and student/apprentice numbers and it is therefore not possible to offer me any more work.
Cons
Lack of working hours available
work placement
Work experince placement (Former Employee) –  Coventry9 May 2018
I was a student and was warmly welcomed for a work placement. It was actually really interesting to see how council work and I was engaged with local partnerships as well.
They were great
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  1 Friargate26 April 2018
They were great. I enjoyed my job.
Some times the equipment went wrong and the work backed up.
But mostly it was fun to work there.

There is bot a lot more to say.
Pros
some good collegues
Cons
some bad work days
out reach worker
Outreach worker (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Coventry20 April 2018
working in this role after my degree has taught me that having experience of being a EAL student myself, I can use my skills and knowledge to help others. I only discovered my creativity whole working as a out reach worker and realised my potential.

The team was great to work with, the training was excellent, always trying to enhance my skills and add additional skills.
Pros
excellence working for them
Cons
temporary
lots of variety
Park Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling5 April 2018
Good working environment. Working on all aspects of a council park football, tennis , golf, bowls, litter picking ,cleaning, dealing with the public, handling cash and keeping books.
new and exciting
Financial Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands22 February 2018
in Social Services Finance process incoming bills for social services areas, to pass for payment. In the Asylum Seekers Support Team Monitor properties run by the team, monitor who was in the properties, process incoming bills from properties to pass to finance, visit properties to obtain meter readings, contact utility companies.
Challenging work but supportive teams
Rates clerk, Poll tax registration clerk (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands12 January 2018
My time at Coventry City Council was really valuable. The job roles I held were challenging and extremely busy but the line management that I had was always very supportive and encouraging. I learned a lot about being a good team member and the value of excellent working relationships and supporting my colleagues.
very productive
Refuge Collector (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands6 November 2017
Really enjoyed working for the council they definitely had there employees intrests at heart always willing to go out there way to help you when ever they can
Loved the job
Lifeguard/Leisure Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry9 October 2017
I loved this job, meeting new people everyday. Two days were never the same . Different shift patterns , meant working with different staff, and public
Classroom Teacher
Mathematics Teacher and tutor (Former Employee) –  Coventry18 September 2017
Secondary school teacher. Very intensive employment involving planning, marking, delivering lessons, discipline and classroom management, meetings, career enhancement courses.
Pros
Pupil success
Cons
Long hours, meetings, marking, targets
Good benefits package but pay not very good
Consumer Direct Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry4 September 2017
Working for the council was enjoyable and there are always lots of internal positions that you can move on to. The downside is that the pay isn't very good.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hospital Education4 September 2017
Good Training Available, I have enjoyed learning new skills. I have gained good knowledge and understanding in my new role. Unfortunately due to the change in my role as I have been recently redeployed, I have experienced some childcare issues. I cannot do the new hours they have set me.
professional
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands13 August 2017
Worked in mental health services, dealing with customers over the phone and face to face and general admin duties, typing letters updating databases and spreadsheets.
Pros
the staff were easy to talk to and explain clearly
Cons
cut backs
Love it!
Homeless Assessment Officer (Current Employee) –  Broadgate, UK8 August 2017
Currently working as a Homeless Assessment Officer and I really love working with the team and love the management.
Everyone is very helpful and kind and we have a good laugh. We work very well together. If I lived in the local area, I would work here forever but I may need to find a place nearer to home. When I leave this place, I will miss it dearly :-(
Pros
Cons
Too far from where I live

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COVENTRY CITY COUNCIL. Our community is ready to answer.

COVENTRY CITY COUNCIL Reviews by Location