COUTTS Employee Review

Miss working for coutts and my colleques very much.
Bank Clerk(back office) (Former Employee) –  City of London, Greater London13 February 2017
Management were brilliant. They would help you if you wanted to broaden your horizons.
Very empathic. Every month we would have a personal development plan. Where we could talk not only about work but also personal things if they were effecting our work.
Typical day would begin by going to the post room to pick up the work from the clearing house. then i would then check the cheques against the reports. Check for frauds. After this the work would be batched and given to the appropriate person. Open the mail. dealing with this appropriately.
After lunch I would do the filing. look for any narrative errors that had been keyed from the cheques.
What learned was to work to targets. worked well under pressure. Check for accuracy. Working well on my own, using my judgement. Also being part of a large team of 25. Getting along with everyone no matter what back ground.
The Hardest part of my job was when we were all made redundant. Saying goodbye to people I had worked with for 10 years.
The most enjoyable part was when I had my end of year performance report and I would have a good mark.
Pros
Yearly travel card (free) loans, Good pension.
Cons
Not going on enough courses, i.e when I found out about being made redundant

Other COUTTS Employee Reviews

great place
Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 March 2019
very good work place. Lots of opportunities to learn - very hands on. A lot of senior staff in the workforce. Multiple management. You can control your own learning.
Fun workplace
Business Support Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 September 2018
- Lots of variety to role
- Daily contact with member of the group including senior executives
- Trusted to work without supervision.
- Good workplace culture worked well on diversity.
- Multiple personalities to work with but able to communicate effectively with them all.
Pros
Trusted to work without supervision and trusted with new tasks
Cons
Politics