COUTTS Employee Reviews in London

Fun workplace
Business Support Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 September 2018
- Lots of variety to role
- Daily contact with member of the group including senior executives
- Trusted to work without supervision.
- Good workplace culture worked well on diversity.
- Multiple personalities to work with but able to communicate effectively with them all.
Pros
Trusted to work without supervision and trusted with new tasks
Cons
Politics
Good Team Spirit
PRIVATE BANKERS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 September 2018
People and management are a delight to work with. Really good team ethic. Great work life balance. Excellent opportunities to develop and progress within the business.
Good company
Private Bankers Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 September 2018
Good company to work for. Chance to move around the firm.

Provide opportunities to network, learning from some very knowledgable people.

The chance to interact with interesting customers is a good perk of the job.

Downside to working for Coutts is the pay. Pay is less than their competitors.
Can be stressful but the pay makes it worth it
Senior client Service Officer (Former Employee) –  London, UK4 May 2017
After completing the training programmes you can ask for compressed shifts although you won't get your first pick of days and times. Workhouse are potentially flexible.
Miss working for coutts and my colleques very much.
Bank Clerk(back office) (Former Employee) –  City of London, Greater London13 February 2017
Management were brilliant. They would help you if you wanted to broaden your horizons.
Very empathic. Every month we would have a personal development plan. Where we could talk not only about work but also personal things if they were effecting our work.
Typical day would begin by going to the post room to pick up the work from the clearing house. then i would then check the cheques against the reports. Check for frauds. After this the work would be batched and given to the appropriate person. Open the mail. dealing with this appropriately.
After lunch I would do the filing. look for any narrative errors that had been keyed from the cheques.
What learned was to work to targets. worked well under pressure. Check for accuracy. Working well on my own, using my judgement. Also being part of a large team of 25. Getting along with everyone no matter what back ground.
The Hardest part of my job was when we were all made redundant. Saying goodbye to people I had worked with for 10 years.
The most enjoyable part was when I had my end of year performance report and I would have a good mark.
Pros
Yearly travel card (free) loans, Good pension.
Cons
Not going on enough courses, i.e when I found out about being made redundant
Very interesting and informative
Banking (Former Employee) –  London1 February 2017
The bank was very good when showing the people on the work experience many things about Coutts like its history and the types of jobs at Coutts.
Pro active and nice place to work
Senior Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Premier Place, Liverpool Street, London4 November 2016
Having been part of Coutts & Co for the last 8 years and overall the RBS group for 15 years, I feel that I have developed in my knowledge and work life style immensely.
The knowledge and experience I have gained from the various departments I have been part of, puts me in a good stead to further enhance, develop myself and learn more as I go along
Pros
RBS group benefits, Value account package
Good work life balance
Business Analyst, Regulatory Change team (Current Employee) –  London5 September 2016
This is a company with good work life balance. Helpful colleagues and supportive business teams. However, too much governance around small changes which can be avoided.
Great Bank with Exceptional qualities
Senior Lending Officer (Current Employee) –  London liverpool Street27 August 2016
Brilliant company with exceptional services for exceptional clients
High Expectation for clients which brings out the best in you and going the extra mile at all times.
Terrible culture leading to good people constantly leaving.
Director, Fund Research (Current Employee) –  London22 August 2016
Good people within teams but a silo mentality across teams with a terrible blame culture and a huge amount of politics leading to a lack of clarity around progression and reward.
Work hard, play hard!
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG7 December 2015
Everyone is lovely, great spirit in the office. Working with professional and easy going colleagues is always going to be a great way to start your day. Coutts is very private and has a high level of confidentiality.
Very Productive / Customer Focused /
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2015
I really did enjoy my work.
We had deadlines to work to and the team I was in worked well together to get the job done.
Sometimes the pressure was hard to take but because we all pulled together we shared to load.
Sometimes when we were very busy our manager would ask us to tone the laughing down.
Everyone took turns in the many different roles / jobs that we had to cover.
I like to be able to adapt to many different areas within the job.
Pros
All drinks free / Working on a great team /
Cons
sometimes long hours
Very busy department where each day can be different.
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  London28 July 2013
Each day I deal with all types of queries and requests from clients over the phone as well as by post. Also deal with administrative duties required each day. The online system has regular updates from which we learn all the time plus training on system upgrades. I work within a great team who are very friendly and dependable and do not need to be micro managed as we go about our business. The management are very professional and keep us apprised of any changes to our role or the company. They are also as accommodating as they can be within reason. The hardest part of the job is the call volumes we receive, we are often supporting other departments which put a strain on out figures and performance. The best part is the satisfaction from assisting a client and getting a positive outcome.
Pros
They do provide good support and and the right balance between home and work.
Cons
Not great opportunities to progress.