County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust

County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews
Good place to work, good training and management.
Manages breaks, overall good atmosphere and rewards. Encouraged by seniors to progress and adequate training.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hours
Worked for this NHS 3 times in total , you think i would have learned my lesson from the first time but no , it took 3 times before i finally saw the light and left for good .
This trust is full of cliques , and bullies , it's an awful place to work .

I knew a lot before I got the position , but every trust is different and this trust expected you to know everything .

Staff on the wards were shocking bullies especially ward 6 uhnd , I was warned but took no notice , oh how I wish I'd listened , they are the worst people .
Pros
Cons
Staff definitely .
lovely people, super working environment, good flexibility, excellent learning and development opportunities, lots of development opportunity and promotion prospects
My work for the ePMA project at CDDFT saw me training a wide range of NHS ward staff to enable them to use a new IT system. I organised my own workload and was responsible for my own admin. I then supported colleagues and those I had trained by providing a round-the-clock support during the go-live period
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Some long hours
Unpaid for the amount of work required. A lot of annual training that was irrelevant to the role and a waste of time and yet targets not adjusted to compensate for time doing pointless training.
When I arrived to the workplace I got myself sorted, logged onto the computer I was using regularly and logged into the phones as a way of supporting my colleagues with regard to the inbound phone calls from members of staff who were based at various hospitals. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people who needed the support and talking to my colleagues to help the day go by easier. I would say the hardest part of the job was when I struggled with the phonecalls for a while but with more support and training I overcame my nerves and my struggles to achieve great things.
Great job. A lot of responsibility, which I don't mind. Autonomous in my practice,taking on a leading role. No support as a bank Practitioner. Lack of legal and employment rights because of not being a substantive staff member.
3 tier wages.
No enhancements or nhs penison all removed for the new contracts. Same work expected tho. Even took from long serving bank staff and their nhs pension stopped! It's going down hill quick!

No back up or support from management.plus they make their own policies up as they go.
Honestly I wouldn't bother. I've been waiting since 2012 for a permanent contract after been moved around the Trust while on agency and bank contracts. I had a issue with another member of staff and when I complained to HR about it I got told "well maybe it's time you left". I queried whether or not I'd be getting a permanent contract and was told can't guarantee anything so you'll be best off leaving and as for getting paid, don't get me started on that. I've never worked anywhere as bad as this place. Only good thing going for it is the team I work for.
Pros
Team I wokr for are amazing
Cons
Too many to list
Working for the NHS is extremely hard, but the amazing satisfaction you get from helping those most in need fills me with so much joy. I get to meet people from all walks of life, and knowing that they trust me and I get to know them is an amazing feeling.
Pros
Helping those in need
Cons
Lack of funding
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust?
The job is enjoyable and the environment is mostly very friendly. There is a very flexible approach to work / life balance. However, I believe staff in my field are inceasingly undervalued.
Pros
Good annual leave and flexibility
Cons
Feeling undervalued
No give and take managers take but won’t give. Senior management sick together even when they know they are wrong and never seem to be accountable for their wrong doings. Sly underhand bullying and promotions . length of service or loyalty do not get recognised. No support whatsoever. Blatant preferential treatment for the “in” members of staff. Lower band members of staff are made to feel inferior and unappreciated to the point of your health and confidence taking a serious downward spiral, without any empathy from management
Pros
Pension
Cons
Indirect bullying by management
Day would begin early at around 6:30am,
I learned a great deal about the health and safety procedures.

The hardest part of the job was the filing of patient archives, which was often long and tedious work.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
unintersting tasks
Wish I could leave .
Never work here

Management only bothered about figures add up Not patient care.

Not enough staff to keep place running properly
Pros
Pension
A terrible employer who is in the worst position financially. Staff are being downgraded or made redundant. Remaining staff are completely overworked and under resourced. Rubbish managers, and no job security.
Good employer of choice no concerns would definitely recommend I loved working there good colleagues hours are flexible and staff were all very friendly cheerful
Pros
Good pension scheme
Cons
has a good learning culture
good benefits e.g. annual leave, flexible working

management not always very supportive

good teamwork

heavy workload
Reclutato tramite agenzia assunta dall'ospedale (Kate Cowhig), ottima esperienza lavorativa, anche se per poco, in quanto ho dovuto rinunciare per motivi familiari in Italia. L'ospedale è molto grande, con numerosi reparti, e il lavoro di infermiere in Inghilterra consente una progressione di carriera incredibile, con l'ospedale che ti sostiene economicamente se dimostri di avere buone capacità e sei desideroso di imparare. Buon salario rapportato ai turni con possibilità di fare straordinari molto ben pagati e numerosi altri benefit del lavorare con l'NHS (National Health Service).
Pros
Benefit NHS