County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Can't wait to get out of the place
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Durham, Durham1 October 2018
Honestly I wouldn't bother. I've been waiting since 2012 for a permanent contract after been moved around the Trust while on agency and bank contracts. I had a issue with another member of staff and when I complained to HR about it I got told "well maybe it's time you left". I queried whether or not I'd be getting a permanent contract and was told can't guarantee anything so you'll be best off leaving and as for getting paid, don't get me started on that. I've never worked anywhere as bad as this place. Only good thing going for it is the team I work for.
Pros
Team I wokr for are amazing
Cons
Too many to list
Hard work but amazing job satisfaction
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, Durham19 September 2018
Working for the NHS is extremely hard, but the amazing satisfaction you get from helping those most in need fills me with so much joy. I get to meet people from all walks of life, and knowing that they trust me and I get to know them is an amazing feeling.
Pros
Helping those in need
Cons
Lack of funding
Flexible
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Durham10 May 2018
The job is enjoyable and the environment is mostly very friendly. There is a very flexible approach to work / life balance. However, I believe staff in my field are inceasingly undervalued.
Pros
Good annual leave and flexibility
Cons
Feeling undervalued
Management untrustworthy
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham24 March 2018
No give and take managers take but won’t give. Senior management sick together even when they know they are wrong and never seem to be accountable for their wrong doings. Sly underhand bullying and promotions . length of service or loyalty do not get recognised. No support whatsoever. Blatant preferential treatment for the “in” members of staff. Lower band members of staff are made to feel inferior and unappreciated to the point of your health and confidence taking a serious downward spiral, without any empathy from management
Pros
Pension
Cons
Indirect bullying by management
Management never back you up
Porter/Driver (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham17 December 2017
Wish I could leave .
Never work here
Management only bothered about figures add up Not patient care.

Not enough staff to keep place running properly
Pros
Pension
Avoid at all costs
Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham2 October 2017
A terrible employer who is in the worst position financially. Staff are being downgraded or made redundant. Remaining staff are completely overworked and under resourced. Rubbish managers, and no job security.
Fun workplace
Health Care Assistant (HCA) (Former Employee) –  County Durham30 April 2017
Good employer of choice no concerns would definitely recommend I loved working there good colleagues hours are flexible and staff were all very friendly cheerful
Pros
Good pension scheme
Cons
public sector difficult area to work for with current cost savings
Catering Administrator (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham28 February 2017
has a good learning culture
good benefits e.g. annual leave, flexible working
management not always very supportive
good teamwork
heavy workload
Ospedale inglese
infermiere (Former Employee) –  Darlington DL38 November 2016
Reclutato tramite agenzia assunta dall'ospedale (Kate Cowhig), ottima esperienza lavorativa, anche se per poco, in quanto ho dovuto rinunciare per motivi familiari in Italia. L'ospedale è molto grande, con numerosi reparti, e il lavoro di infermiere in Inghilterra consente una progressione di carriera incredibile, con l'ospedale che ti sostiene economicamente se dimostri di avere buone capacità e sei desideroso di imparare. Buon salario rapportato ai turni con possibilità di fare straordinari molto ben pagati e numerosi altri benefit del lavorare con l'NHS (National Health Service).
Pros
Benefit NHS