Countrywide Employee Reviews

Awful
Night Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackhalls, Durham14 April 2019
If you like to hurt people and take them to the edge or enjoy working for a self centered lying manager look no further than this residential Blackhall home
Absolutely dispicable night staff are treat like 2nd class citizens and anyone giving support their days are numbered
Pros
Residents
Cons
Manager
Worst company ever worked for
Lettings Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Cornwall13 March 2019
Management do not care about staff or customers
Very focused on money and how much they can make
Not a caring company at all
Very little training and no support
Very focused on targets
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Low morale in company
was good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire19 February 2019
i had good times working there great bunch of people. we worked all over and i learnt how to use and maintain a lot of different machinery and also got to do a lot of driving of which i love.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
cold mornings outside in winter
Horrible Management
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool14 February 2019
.If your not willing to gossip about other members of staff
Don't work here !!
.Always short staffed
.Care of residents not met to high standards.
.Residents pay over £800 weekly only to receive a budget of £3 per day on meals
.Management is lovely to your face but as soon as your back is turned she will gossip about you.
Nothing is confidential
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
Don’t ever work here if you get long term sick
Lettings Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Scotland30 January 2019
I worked for this company for 8 years.. I loved my job and thrived already coming from a property background I was head hunted into this position with the company.

Towards the end of my time here I got very unwell mentally and physically ans was bullied out the door after trying to return to work various tines. Had me in tears and back at the doctors signed off until I couldn’t face going back. Now three years on in a completely new sector and would never go back to property again after how i was treated there.
Pros
Met a lot of nice workmates who are still friends
Cons
Bad management, bullying
Lots of training and a fast paced environment
Negotiator (Current Employee) –  North West19 December 2018
I feel many people may have a bad outlook on this company due to the offices they were based in. I for one love my job and my team. We support each other daily and are constantly promoting each other to win higher with new ideas. I work as a sales negotiator, yes it can be hard work hitting minimum targets when you are not in control of the market and the way business flows, however, it can be very rewarding when you do as hard work I believe doesn’t go unnoticed. I have received a lot of training and I am always learning something new about the industry and different stages throughout the buying/selling process.

I find the company to be very inclusive, all managers/staff throughout the branches in our region are in constant contact so you always know what is going on and what targets should be met.
Pros
Fun work environment, training, controlling your own earnings/commission
Cons
Targets to meet, Saturday work, stress throughout the conveyancing process
Horrrible ethos
Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire20 November 2018
Very poor work culture, no care about their staff, clients get poor service, sad money grabbing world I was part of. I would not recommend working there.Go to a more caring independent.
Would not apply to work here
Lettings Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Lancashire25 October 2018
Received no training throughout my employment here.
Management is pretty much non existent. Didn’t enjoy anything about the job. Would honestly not recommend to work here.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, no training
Suitable if you like being lied to and taken a mug for!
Sales Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Kent21 September 2018
Someone else wrote the review "Don't fall for the 'You can double your basic' at this place. They pay you under minimum wage and to get yourself just to minimum wage, you have to earn £250 in commission. Any commission over that is actually commission but don't forget, you're working an average of 45 hrs per week spread over 5 days." It is true, I have never seen a penny of commission since starting over a year ago.

When joining the company at entry level, I was left with no manager (a repetitive sick leaver) for 9 months. This branch has no footfall or any phone enquiries coming in. No way of earning money!!!

When the manager was here, he bullied staff and micromanaged! The only reason I haven't left is because there is a lack of jobs in Kent.

The managers constantly lie, and take any staff member on a ride! Also if you leave the company before a year of service, they deduct £500 for your initial training (which I do not believe we recieve much of).

All in all, you would be earning more money and living a happier life, working at Tescos.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
management
Great place to work with plenty of training
Lettings Negotiator (Former Employee) –  East London, Greater London12 September 2018
I worked as a lettings negotiator in east London and really liked the work ethic the office had. The amount of training I received was fantastic and it was ongoing throughout my time there.
Pros
Good commission structure
work culture
United Kingdom (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom8 September 2018
positive work culture .

have learned a lot and learn how retail work ,

requirement of retail industry
Good training and opportunity for progression
Letting Negotiator (Former Employee) –  East London, Greater London1 September 2018
Really nice people and plenty of support. I loved that you’re in and out the office on viewings and property visits. A company to be proud to work for.
Leaving to travel but will be back to work when I’m home
Pros
Training
Cons
Need to be good to earn real money
great place
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Belfast10 August 2018
nice place with good income never do extra hours all well organized. friendly menagment and staff warehpuse is outside the belfast but comminications its rally good
Managers ignoring own company rules
Joke (Former Employee) –  Southend29 July 2018
I worked for Countrywide a few years back and had a terrible experience. My managers girlfriend was my supervisor and the woman was a snake. She had no issue belittling or insulting staff, and when this was raised with the area manager nothing was done. They protected her as her boyfriend was useful to the company, and sadly this kind of practise is rife throughout the company. If you want to become a depressed, unmotivated husk, work here.
Pros
Cons
Managers bending the rules, bullying
Very poor management
Business (Former Employee) –  Southend-On-Sea26 July 2018
I worked in the southend office for a little over 2 years and left approximately a year ago. The pay is very very low for the amount of work expected. The management is laughable and make it a terrible work environment to be apart of.

Very poor training. If you’re looking for a “stepping stone” then this place is great to work. Not good for a long term career.
Pros
Management don’t have a clue how to do their jobs so you can pretty much get away with anything.
Cons
Not allowed to speak your mind, when you do you are told you are wrong anyway.
Nice people
Business Partner - B2B (Former Employee) –  North West London, Greater London23 July 2018
Great people to work with and can be a fun place. Supportive teams and management, good opportunities or those that wish to progress and are hard working.
Avoid
Lettings Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk8 June 2018
Your just a number. They have no care for the employees in branch or their customers. No one works as a team, no one responds to emails and they can’t think outside the box.
All Robots
Pros
My chair swivelled
Cons
Having to go in everyday
Miserable Place to Work
Sales Negotiator/Lister (Former Employee) –  Cornwall7 June 2018
I've worked with Countrywide twice with the past 10 years. I wouldn't recommend anyone to apply working here. The staff turnover is massive as no one stays long. The Company treat staff like children and Management operate a blame culture. There is a lot of pressure to achieve targets and the goal posts are constantly being moved. I would advise anyone wanting to begin a career in the industry to start elsewhere as working with Countrywide is a miserable experience and give anyone new to the business the wrong impression.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too many to list
Working for Countrywide
Clerical Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom6 June 2018
Stay away from these people. Tell you load of lies about potential earnings then when you join your literally left to sink or swim. Almost as if they hate paying you while making huge profits. Bonuses paid to higher staff and the little guys are left with empty hands and no thanks.
Cons
You will never earn what the OTE
A joke (Former Employee) –  Kent2 June 2018
Worked long hours off my own back to make our office profitable after it had been left to the dogs and then shafted for not hitting target despite the rubbish state and reputation it was left in.
Pros
None! Stay away
Cons
None stay away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countrywide. Our community is ready to answer.