Countrywide

Countrywide Employee Reviews

United Kingdom133 reviews
Unnecessarily stressful due to higher management with no employee retention satisfaction
Overall 1/10 and that is only down to the small handful of branch level colleagues that made the job enjoyable. The company changed dramatically within the lat 3 or 4 months with insurance sales being the main focus.
People are great to work with, but the management are very average
The people you work with are some of the best people you ever do. I found that you were only ever put on development courses for promotion because of "who you knew" not "what you've accomplished or done". Because of this, I felt that management had one rule for one person, another for everyone else. People would in trouble, yet if someone else did the same thing, nothing would be said or done. Overall, the job is enjoyable when the teams are filled with people, however the turnaround in staff was worrying and it meant more experienced property managers like myself had to then carry the team with 3 times the work load as everyone else, and it was not distributed fairly. The head of the department at the time, I felt was fair & I felt I was listened to mostly, but I appreciate that any of the decisions she made were not her doing, but the people above her.
people are great
I've got a great team. I get along with my manager and people on my team. I didn't have full cemap but the company really invests in making sure advisors are well equipped so they will have the training and continuous training.
Friendly people and support from management. Relaxed dress code and flexibility to work from home. Overall a great experience. Would work there again.
Fantastic opportunities for progression
Hard work so you need to be organised however it’s very rewarding and great sense of achievement at the end of every week, great team and support, highly recommend working for countrywide.
Pros
Time flies
Cons
Hard work
Great team culture
Enjoyed the team and management of the team. Good training and opportunity to progress was encouraged. Friendly and not overly corporate for such a large company. Good hours and salary.
just dont apply to work here its horrible
a horrible company that just tries to squeeze as much as possible out of its ordinary employees before they leave wondering what happened to them. awful culture where you are never enough and never ever do enough. the pay is really low
Stressful
Do not go there. Residents nice , staff always leaving , new staff all the time. Short staffed thro illness . Low pay for what you have to do. Training poor.
Branch manager is horrible
Wasn’t one of my best decisions to move to this company. They tell you more sage but in fact the basic is 12000 . The branch manager in chester has a dreadful attitude and is a bully. I wouldn’t ever recommend working here. That being said the mold branch staff were lovely and helpful
Trust the other reviews! Awful place to worl!
Worst place I've ever worked. Manager was vile and has the highest staff turn over I've ever known. 4 people have left since i have! Worked extremely hard and nothing was good enough. Top referrer for surveys and mortgage leads but not good enough. Honestly my list could be endless. Cruel and sly workplace and when you bring it to your directors attention they just go back and tell your manager what you've said. Nothing is confidenial.
Under valued
As a part time mother I don’t feel valued or recognised for what I do to help support the branch.

The pay is poor even including commission sadly.

I love working within the property field and they have supported me with the hours I required to work around my family life.
Call Centre Culture
They bill the way they run things as a progressive legal firm and try to outshine other Conveyancing firms yet as they are so fixated on call centre style stats this process suffers. Misinformation and incorrect information given by people on the phone can damage a transaction and as many of the phone staff are not adequately trained up before they go live this is common.
Mentally draining and utterly soul destroying
Management have a do as I say not as I do attitude. Staff are treated like infants and micro managed. Forget trying to get a day annual leave approved. If you are not in favour you won't get it. Poisonous, poorly paid and worst place I have ever worked. Do not work here
Worst company I have ever worked for. A horrible experience.
They have a high turnover of staff which is hardly surprising. Management is unapproachable and intimidating. I was supposed to have six months training, which was a joke. Culture of gossip and backstabbing. You have to wait months for expenses to be reimbursed.
Good company to work for
Have worked for CW for nearly 7 years and would recommend to anyone, they reward hard work and the expectations of you and your team are made really clear
Progression
Having started as a sales negotiator within the company I have quickly progressed throughout the business. I would recommend Countrywide to any one looking for a career in this sector
Long term career
I joined Countrywide when I was 24 years old. I started at a Sales Negotiator which I loved, and I have worked my way up through the Countrywide career path to valuer and I then Manager. I have since been the Executive Branch Manager of three branches over the 16 years I have worked here. We try and recruit from within the company for Valuer and Manager positions so if you work hard and perform well you can progress quickly. I have never wanted to work for another estate agents as I feel the service standards of Countrywide are above and beyond. It is a fun place to work and I have gained lovely friendships with my colleagues over the years.
Fast paced professional workplace
Working in the Financial Services team, security is very important.
Training is very good and on-going.

I have working for the company for 25 years in various roles. There is always chance to change teams
Pros
Parking
Cons
Not able to do flexible working
Lettings Centre in Mansfield
Disagree with Dans review below. Found working at the centre to be enjoyable, lately a really good bunch of manager's. Yes the pays not great but makes up for it in other ways.
The worse company
This is one of the most unorganised underpaying companies, I have ever worked for the staff turn over says it's self. Stay away from countrywide/HML they have even stopped offering company cars and don't offer mileage for your own car
Fun place to work with good advancement opportunities
I enjoyed working with Countrywide PLC, UK. It was a great company to work for. My manager and colleagues were very supportive. I would not have left if my family was not relocating.