Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Document everything
IT (Former Employee) –  Chester7 October 2018
Management and HR actively take part in bullying and discrimination, dishonesty is a job requirement. The actual work is satisfying but with the amount of time spent on covering incompetence and carrying out managerial feuds it makes the jobs a struggle to complete. It would be amusing to see a fly on the wall documentary of this place if the consequences weren't so severe. Blatant wasting of money and resources is the norm and cover ups are mandatory.
Worked there for a decade. I was the last of the male members to leave in a 100% male staff turnover during that time. It seems their tolerance for incompetence isn't as strong.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Team work needed to combat managerial issues.
Cannot retain experienced staff. Lack.of qualified nurses and do not treat staff well at all.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Countess of chester3 October 2018
Senior staff do not appreciate trained staff.
There is a theme of 'It's who you know' for promotion.
Alot of issues appear covered up.
Staff miss breaks at time and alot of senior staff have bad attitudes.
Cons
Do not treat staff very well.
Working in the kitchen
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Countess of chester3 January 2018
Terrible management, use hours as a weapon against bank staff, unprofessional aggressive attitude, often straying into bullying divisive tactics.

I will say now that most of the people working in the kitchen are lovely hard workers, I find it hard to say just how horrible the management can be though, basically you need to be extremely desperate to stay in this job and be treated like you are nothing, many good staff have left and will continue to leave under the current management.

I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
Decent pay on weekend
Cons
Appalling management
Good people to work with
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester27 November 2017
Enjoyable meeting different people every day, great people to work with and always helped with changing my hours. very supportive nice department to work in
Pros
hours
Cons
salary
Very interesting and hard work
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire4 September 2017
The experience at the Countess of Chester hospital was brilliant because it opened my eyes to how hard doctors work and how skilled and motivated they are.
The hardest part of the job would be diagnosing someone with a life changing condition.
Everyone was incredibly friendly and happy and that was what made it a great experience.
Pros
good education
Cons
extremely tiring
Busy
HCA (Current Employee) –  Chester8 May 2017
Busy on your feet all day on the wards, clinics and theatres. HR is a disgrace at times. I've worked for Medical Staffing department dealing with doctors Rotas and the management gave little encouragement and no room to progress. Every other department are lovely to work on. I've worked at the trust for 9 years and I enjoy working with patients and staff.
Pros
Nice staff
Not a supportive place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire29 April 2017
I was diagnosed with a learning difficulty during my employment and the Countess of Chester refused to do anything to support me in spite of their legal obligation to do so.
Busy, fast paced, demanding working environment.
Specialist registered dental nirse (Current Employee) –  Maxillofacial/orthodontic unit OPD24 April 2017
To work at this particular trust I personally believe you need to be a very dedicated member of staff and be prepared to evolve your job role on a daily basis.

Working for the countess in any individual role from portering to a senior management you need to be prepared to 'go the extra mile'.

You need to be highly motivated, be able to work autonomously as well as a strong team member.

It is essential to have excellent communication skills, and to be personable in any given situation.

Working for this trust is extremely demanding but there are moments of job satisfaction.
Pros
Cons
No extra pay for overtime and poor work/life balance.