Coulter Elite Resourcing

Coulter Elite Resourcing Employee Reviews

I have worked for a few recruitment companies in my time and no other has been like Coulter Elite. It is a fast paced, target driven environment where you are pushed to do the best you can. Like many other recruitment companies. What separates Coulter however is the great work environment and the excellent upper management. This is family owned company, competing with the internationals and they strike the balance perfectly. If you want to do the best you can, and come to work every day to do your best then Mark and Wendy have your back one hundred percent. This is a collaborative and enthusiastic business that has worked hard to earn its stellar reputation in the local market.
Recruitment is the same anyway. Its the people that makes the difference. Only after a few weeks of working for Coulter Elite, I have felt included and my suggestions, listened to. Coulter have a real family feel and everyone is listened to and treated with dignity and respect. We all work really hard and work as a team. No-one is singled out and everyone is treated fairly. During this Covid 19 pandemic, the Directors stepped up even more and made crucial business decision based around their staff's welfare and not their profits unlike many other businesses who were only too quick to lay off their workforce without any thoughts for their livelihoods and families.
A good time to write a review! With the coronavirus well and truly upon us the team have all pulled together to form such a strong bond! Some of us are still here (albeit working from our sofas) the rest of us are all looking to crack on again once this pandemic passes! Either way we are all being kept on and supported through this difficult time. Coronavirus aside, recruitment is tough yet rewarding to those who stick at it! Initially it is a slog but once you start to build your client base then it is mostly down to how good you are at managing relationships. In any sales role there is always pressure but at Coulter you are given the time and room to find your feet. Fundamentally the business has made infrastructural changes for the better. Recruitment is an ever changing business that requires change to succeed. To this end, Coulter have introduced internal sectors with specialists in each comprising of FMCG, Engineering and Commercial. This has seen us on an upward path and shows that with the right people and the right work ethic we can succeed as a business and as a work family.
Recruitment is a tough industry at the best of times, committing you to outside oh what is probably considered “core hours”. Despite this, I really enjoyed my time at coulter elite. Yes, I had to work hard but I was heavily rewarded. Management were hands on, Wendy (the founder) herself being a regular sight at the office. If you’re not afraid of hard work, this will be good experience and benefit your bank account nicely.
Having previously worked for Coulter Elite for a good number of years I would recommend the company to anyone who enjoys sales, commission and a fun working environment. With the ability to run your own desk as if it were your business and manage your clients in a complete 360, this company can offer a great career path for a tenacious sales professional. Building relationships is at the heart of Coulter Elite's work and their clients have both respect and trust in their consultants. There is a genuine progression career ladder available within the business and hardwork is rewarded both financially and with extra days off. It is rare to find somewhere that value a work/life balance and if a corporate work environment isn't you then this company is worth looking into!
Good Company to work for, nice and friendly team environment. I have worked at some other agencies and this is defiantly the best place I have worked at. People who stay here and ones that are good and successful, when I was there the only people who left where people whom didn't work hard enough as there are lots of opportunities to do well. I left for a different career but would recommend if you want a job in recruitment to work for this company
Pros
Friendly team
Had a lot of fun working here. It's a very hard and fast paced company to work for but it's recruitment and is to be expected! The bonus structure is great and if you work hard and earn your stripes you are rewarded with a fantastic bonus, pay reviews and other company benefits You will not be handed work to you on a plate, you are supported and backed by management, however you need to go out there and get it yourself and if you're not prepared to do that, then you're not right for a recruitment role.
Pros
Bonus, Pay Reviews, Extra time off, do not work your birthday
Good company to work for, nice offices. Get support from managers but left to get on with your own job. Nice culture and friendly team of work colleagues
Pros
Nice Office, Friendly team
Worst place I have ever worked in my life!! They try and reel you in with good salary, no cap bonus and “ a well established client bank”. The bonus is falsely advertised and Clients are non existent due to failed working relationships in the past. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
You are micromanaged by Managers who have no idea how to manage. There is no structure , you are targeted to make hundreds of cold calls and are closely monitored then are told you are under performing when you can’t secure business . Have lost a lot of clients due to Management. You also have to provide lunch for the whole department & if you want to opt out your aren’t a “team player.” Falsely advertised as well - they say there is no cap on commission. Absolute pack of lies. AVOID
Pros
Sometimes team days / nights out
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Coulter Elite Resourcing?
Had fun here. Learnt a lot, worked hard maybe too hard at times but enjoyed getting to know clients, candidates and colleagues.