Cosy Club Employee Reviews

Amazing company, unfortunate General manager
RESTAURANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Liverpool4 February 2019
Love to company so much! I would go back in a heartbeat... just not to a site with that particular GM. Extremely passive aggressive, rude and swore at staff.
Very nice workplace
Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  Worcester14 January 2019
I working as kitchen porter, so my typical day at work is just washing . Workplace culture are excellent and I thing there is nothing hard on this possition.
Pros
free food, free drink
Cons
nothing
Fun place to work and great supportive management!
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire9 January 2019
Amazing management, supportive staff. Great company to work for. Always willing to help with holidays and or sickness. If you work hard and show loyalty to the company it will be rewarded.
Not fun, anyone helps in case just the new workers..
Chef de Partie/Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset5 January 2019
Worked there a month and on my first week already when I asked how to do ''x'', the answer was always, read the spec. It should be someone who shows you how to do it, cause ain't the same what the spec says with the quickest or best way to do it. Not only about the recipe but also, if someone has nothing to do instead of helping was more like '' I do my section u do yours'' Too many hours 9 am till 11 every day with only 1 hour break, but while working on my first week I've seen myself being told all the time do this, now this , now this and when resting 5 seconds being told ''now we clean'' ''now put dates on'' ''clean again'' the funny thing is the same person who says that is doing nothing.
People who just started and was working since less than a month we were helping each other but the ones who worked longer and supposedly should train you did nothing lol.
Cons
bad team . 48 hours week contract but doing 55 normally and not even respect or thanks that
Difficult to progress unless you don't mind having no life outside of work
bar supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff9 December 2018
As you expect in the hospitality industry. Little work/life balance with potentially long hours. You get out of it what you put in but often progression isn't likely.
Fun and lively work place
Bar Staff/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Comers23 October 2018
The cosy club is a great place to work if you love making cocktails, experimenting with different liquors and alcohol making a great presentation to the customers. The theme is set in the !950's, 1960's.
Nice cosy environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Birmingham10 August 2018
Managers are very proud that they are managers. Long hours to work unfortunately with very little tips ratio. False promises for progression with the company just a tricky way to motivate you and overwork you for just as much as every other chain restaurant.
Pros
Cozy environment and freedom with the uniform
Cons
Not worth your time if you have enough experience
Don't know what to make of it...
Bartender/Waiter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 July 2018
Great place to work in if you want a place where you can deliver maximum type of customer service and surpass yourself, but at the end of the day it's a corporation, and when it comes to making a profit, they will cut hours or send you home early if they don't deem you valuable or qualified, and will also overwork you if you're a little too good at your job/jobs. false promises of progress within the company and no sense of belonging somewhere special/bigger whatsoever.
Pros
meals and tips
Cons
long hours and low pay
The Worst.
Bar Tender (Former Employee) –  Liverpool31 May 2018
It was such a lovely bar with great atmosphere and I had the opportunity to be trained as a Mixologist and Barista which was great!

what wasn't great was the long hours with no breaks, borderline abusive management, and on my last week i was given 18 hour shifts everyday with no breaks and was shouted at everyday and made to do pretty much everything as other colleagues stood by and watched.

I was forced to do shifts on my days off which i wasnt allowed to say no to, i was living off of my tips (if i was lucky enough to get them) as i couldn't even afford rent with the pay.

It is always promoted as a quirky bar to work in, theyre all one big family who look after each other. When in reality they just shout at their employees until they cry.
Pros
If you work a certain amount of hours you might get something to eat for free
Cons
Management was horrible and didn't care about their workers, minimum wage, Long, long hours with hardly any breaks.
Nice job
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands24 March 2018
Lovely people friendly environment overall great place. Its INA great location in city centre and offers great food and drinks. Very nice place for a meal or a quick meet with friends.

Want to know more about Cosy Club?

Ask a question
interesting
Cocktail Bartender (Former Employee) –  Worcester3 January 2018
interesting place to work was amazing when we all started however the atmosphere and staff very quickly dtrastcially declined and left the place a hollow corporate shell with no staff properly trained and those who are , being a word rather not said on here.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, food was horrible as were cowrokers
lovely co-workers, some great bonuses
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff7 September 2017
A typical day at work would involve working with fantastic people and a generally friendly and happy management and kitchen team. Bonuses and incentives were almost always a daily affair. Staff meals were free. There were some extremely long shifts, a couple at 13 hours but not often, with breaks too soon into shift. The shift pattern also did not change after complaints.
Pros
Friendly team, free meals, regular incentives
Cons
Occasional long shifts with misplaced breaks
Fun until something goes wrong
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Salisbury2 August 2017
very very high stress envrionment. Required to wait on many customers including large parties for hendo's or stag nights. Alone, most of the time. Very short staffed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks unless smoking
Lovely Colleagues
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Liverpool13 July 2017
Lovely staff to work alongside
Well paid
Kind clientele
Worst part - poor notice of work rota - given rota on Sunday for the forthcoming week.
Best part - making a customers experience the best it could be and being complimented for excellent service
Fast paced & fun workplace
Waiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset16 June 2017
management are good, very understanding and kind.
It is fast paced & hard work but it is also incredibly rewarding, and the diversity of customers makes everyday very interesting.
fast but fun work pace
Cocktail Bartender (Former Employee) –  Birmingham13 June 2017
Working at Cosy Club was exciting due to it being my first job in a bar i started as a bar back and i learnt everything from line cleaning to keeping the bar stocked and properly cleaned i was then moved up to become a bartender due to my people skills.
Pros
learning new skills
good all round company
Head Chef (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire20 March 2017
this is a great company to work for with a very open minded company which is very up to date with the trends of the catering industry. i can recommend this company to the kind of person who is willing to climb the carrier ladder.
Pros
free food, good incentives
Cons
Fun working environment with approachable friendly management staff
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central20 February 2017
Overall it was a good environment to work in with flexible shifts which helped whilst studying at university.
I gained valuable teamwork and communication skills working with mostly competent and friendly staff.
Management were always approachable and easy to communicate with.
The hardest part of the job would have been working on shifts when we were greatly understaffed. This was not just a reflection on managements choices but working in an industry with unpredictable busy days/ quiet days.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Great place but GM became extremely useless
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol18 September 2016
The job was great and i went to few training sessions and was managing high volume restaurant. Everyone i worked with was great apart from the GM who became extremely lazy and not interested in the job and to protect his own lack of desire to work he started to blame other people for business to start slack however he was the main reason of business to underperform. I was also asked to look after bar department when i asked to be in restaurant.
Pros
staff meals, 48 hours a week, great team
Cons
nowhere to park
Worst place ever!
Commis Chef, kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham27 June 2016
20 hours pw (4 every day), bad and dirty food, no taste, menegers like 10 y.o. childs. Better to be unemployed. Thanks for that experiance.!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosy Club. Our community is ready to answer.