Cosy Club

Cosy Club Employee Reviews

United Kingdom65 reviews
Enjoy working in cosy club
It is very busy in festival I have learned many stuff here. I got this without experience but I have achieved so many experiences and knowledge. I really love to make food there.
Unique and friendly
I’ve worked in a few bars and there is no other like this. The clientele’s friendly, the staff are all friendly and kind! The company cares about its employees and progresses you for your ability not your age or gender! I’ve worked in many sites and they’re the same across the board, amazing!
Terrible GM
Job was fine and should not have been an issue, most of the staff where fantastic and hardworking doing their best to keep the venue running despite the actions of the GM making the job impossible, constant staff turnover, worst person i have had the displeasure of working with.
lovely place to work
You can meet there many different people who help you grow and develop . They also provide lot of different curses to help you to build skills and how to build great team ...
Dont work here
Not a good place to work get abused verbally just sunch a bad place you have one day off and I'll punish you from 9-weeks with one shift a week the head chef well treat you like a dog
Excellent
Really great company fast paced but enjoyable. Management very good every member of staff really approachable. Excellent working conditions, great working benefits, good opportunities for progression.
Con company
I will never ever take a job for this company even for just a minute trust me! Bad management, no respect to the chefs at all. Salary not worth it and every pay day couples of the employees miss money on their pay lots of complain and nothing never sort out.
Just run off if you hear the name of cosy club
Official response from Cosy Club
11 February 2020
Hi, We do read every comment and follow up as we are committed to learning and improving our team experience when working with us. We are always happy to continue to discuss points raised if this is some thing that you want to follow up- this would be via thevoice@loungers.co
Please be assured that your points have been heard and we appreciate/ your feedback.
Fun and busy workplace
Work temporarily at Cosy Club, all the staff were very friendly and helpful. The work was very bust and was on my feet a lot, but it was a very enjoyable experience.
Official response from Cosy Club
11 February 2020
Hiya - thank you for taking the time to write a review. Pleased that you had a good time with us at Cosy Club for the festive season!
Do not work for this company
-The laziest managers I have ever come across
- no tips if you work the bar

-always understaffed and expected to work an incredibly busy service by yourself and get no thanks for it
Pros
Excluding manegment, colleagues are lovely people
Cons
Extremely anti social hours, finishing at 2am and expected to work a full day shift the next day starting from 8am
Great site, but very poor managment (GM)
Joined Cosy Club and was looking forward to it, but from day 1 the crack emerged...2 weeks of management training using outdated training plan with all topics no longer in use by the company...training site didn’t have a clue what to do themselves and you would have to chase them to find things out every day.
When I got to my own site the team are very friendly with the exception of a few stuck up waitresses (nothing new there...) The GM however is an absolute idiot with very little experience herself in a restaurant business having come from pub background with no food business...her attitude towards the staff is appauling and she will openly swear and call them bad names etc, there are too many managers for the site i believe just so that the GM’s can cause issue and laze around the front desk area
Bad Management
Management at Cosy Club Durham are belittling and intimidation. Staff are treat like numbers and are shown no appreciation.

Many staff left there jobs and were offered contracted hours and were then mislead to sign a zero hour contract online. This was said to be a mistake and would be amended. Trust them not!

Breaks are not given and when you ask for a break your made to feel bad.

They are terrible with giving holidays and the rota is released 1 day before the commencing week of work. Furthermore, the rota changes regularly during the working week and they expect you to drop everything.

If you want a job that you feel you have security, avoid working here.
Amazing Place
The Cosy Club is full of energy and such a buzzing place to work. Very quirky with uniform, given an allowance towards this. Nice work balance, happy to help with days off especially if last minute. Really understanding with things happening outside of work. Always boosting staff moral. Great incentives and staff discount.
Understanding management
Hospitality is a hard job. It gets stressful, and fast paced, and coworkers can snap, especially during a new opening. If you work hard, are honest and come forward with problems they will listen and help you resolves issues. It's been the most understanding chain, no, company as a whole, I've worked for at any position.
All the staff are a delight, we can have banter but also work hard as a team, without the need of shouting, like a well oiled machine.

During my time at Cosy, I've had some personal issues, and the management have gone above and beyond to make sure I felt safe at work, and gave me the time I needed to get back to 100%. There are niggles, it's a new restaurant it happens. But the management have your back if your honest with them. It is also the nicest kitchen team I've worked with. And the uniform is fantastic.
On site team amazing! External management useless
The team I worked with was amazing, and I can not fault them at all. Everyone in the kitchen pulled together matter how short staffed. We would work ourselves to the bone for each other. However as this is a chain company there is a lot of manage outside of the individual site, they DO NOT care about the individual workers, you will be a number to them. If your are paid hourly then great it's amazing, but salary staff are expected to work WAY over there contracted hours and not get paid for this, I was unable to have anymore of life outside of work whilst working with the cosy club.
Fun work place
Of course at times it can become stressful managing a large section whilst running drinks and food. But, overall it is a fun workplace, with friendly staff.
Terrible
Durham Cosy Club
• No breaks

•Management terrible

• They will cut your hours to nothing if they don’t like you

• They expect you to work understaffed to save money.

• Hostile work environment

• Low staff moral

• They tell you if your not finished close down by rota time you will have to stay back without pay!
Experience and good work
There was areally good place to work and very good team. I have learned much much more about cooking prepping and other things than job before. Was really good management . Full time of hours never change. Was good really really GOOD there...
Great
The Cosy Club in Bath, Somerset, England was a fantastic place to work. I learned about prepping and making desserts and starters in this job. I would recommend to anyone wishing to learn more.
general feedback
Cosy club was a good environment to learn how to serve customers and create cocktails. I would use the job to have personal growth as it is a very busy atmosphere
Best Kitchen Experience by far!
Working for The Cosy Club is the best experience I've had working in a kitchen and the team I worked with. A good workplace culture to work for if you're looking to be in a kitchen.
Pros
Free Lunches/Good Pay!
Good place
This is a good place to learn to be a proper chef pay is good and the running of the business is good I just wanted to move on if I didn’t find the job I got now I would have stayed here