Costcutter

Costcutter Employee Reviews

Good
Not to bad good company to work for they have lovely staff grate management they pay is a bit unfair but if it works for your living then it’s an over all good work place
Worker
A certain worker didn’t like me and did everything in his power to get me sacked.(the bosses father in law, he succeeded)

I liked the job and the other workers but just couldn’t do anything right in the eyes of the bosses father in law
Pros
Good pay
Boss is a slave driver
Boss is a bully, talks to the staff like something he has trod on. Minimum wage.
He is two faced . Calls all the staff behind their backs. If a thief steals, the boss expects you to pay out of your wages rather than call the police.
Pros
Friendly customers
Costcutter
A typical day would include working on the tills and doing stock take and filling shelves, the management were great and very helpful and also the work environment was good
Satisfied employee
It's a good place to work with no bad people over there owners are good and customers are good. I enjoy the work over there. Quite and peaceful are in Harborne
enjoying during work
enjoy every second during time period of work.
daily meets with new people with lots of life experience.

daily enjoy new tasks which make a complete day is stressless.
Not a bad company
Not a bad company if you are the right culture. As I proved because of it being g a family run business that the sons of the original directors haven't got a clue about people skills and wouldn't take responsibility for their own actions, and blame others.
nice
Good first job for teenagers. Paper round every single morning for forty minutes. Nice manager, really kind and compassionate. Enjoyed working with him.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Costcutter?
Friendly Work Environment
I enjoy working at Costcutter, however, you're on minimum wage which is only 6 pounds. The management and staff are all lovely and welcoming. The job in itself isn't hard or stressful so can't complain.
Pros
Free dated products and the end of late shift.
Cons
Low Pay
working for Pakistani franchise owner
Asked for full time contract,lied to while I was on part time so my boss can pay less tax...Problem interfeered when I tried to take holliday,yet do I couldn't have any payed holliday and we know now why:)) Did my payslips in Microsoft Excell himself probably. Wish I could work legally in that shop as customers and job itself were verry good.i've been lied to and been missguided!
Pros
nice customers, job life
Cons
Cheated me and the Tax office
Stressful and poorly managed
Terrible work environment, constant stress and poorly managed shop. you cant really relax into this job, dependant on your manager they can typically be very harsh and will often threaten to deduct your pay for making errors.
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, threats of pay reduction for errors.
productive and different roles
had various duties to do throughout the day but it kept things fun and time flew. whether it be tills, stocking or making deliveries. people were also friendly and it made the experience easy.
Productive and fun environment
Amazing staff, very kind and friendly. Manager made me feel very welcomed and was delighted to teach me a lot such as customer service skills. Was very happy with my work experience there. Had a spectacular time.
Loved the job
Best place to work managment are so relaxed as are the rest of the staff hardest part of the job of dealing with deliveries easiest part is serving customers and keeping shelves stocked up.
The
The customers at costcutter are very loyal . Costcutter is a good company to work for , paying minimum wage . The staff are very friendly and easy to work with
Demanding and fast-paced job
It's an 8-hour fast-paced job managing store sales and stocks and handling parcel delivery.
It's a demanding workplace as customers entering the store non-stop and the working hours are not fixed especially at the end of the week.

The hardest part of this job is recommending wines to the customer as for the enjoyable part of this job is when your shift ends.
I do not think the management in costcutters was very good at all. I found them to be very rude and not understanding about circumstances relating to not being able to work. I noticed that they favourited the full time workers and did not care for weekend/ part timers.
Customer service
Very nice environment, in a little local shop where all customers as kind and patient when time get busy. Need to stay calm and patient when dealing with que
Avoid poor management
Very heavy demanding work load hard to get annual leave work extra hours for nothing expected to cover other staff shifts when short ignorant management that talk about you to work colleague behind your back very unprofessional pay constantly not right paid at wrong rates even though contracted.
Flexible and Productive
I was treated well and love my job and team here. This was my first job and i believe that it has started my work life and built my foundations towards working in a team and a setting that i am not used to and succeeding at it
Good
I liked working here manager was friendly at times it could be stressful as I did get things wrong but overall happy I’ve got to say though it was very hot in the back room they should put air cooling in there