Costa Coffee
Information from Costa Coffee:

Costa Coffee Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,985 reviews
Found 1,985 reviews matching the search
Love the team and all the culture different people brought to the team, everyone was from somewhere different brining there own unique touch to the place. I loved everything about this place the type of customer you get at Costa are mostly respectfull and because of that it make your job a lot easier to do, minimum stress due to the polite customers and because your working with such an amazing team and. Although the pay to start with is not the best it is easy to progress in this company if you show that you really want it you will be noticed and opportunities for pay rise if you complete training.
Pros
Environment, Friendly Team and Management and Friendly customers
Cons
Starting pay
I arrive at the pre agreed time on certain days of the week, certain tasks are requested of me which i perform adequately. I receive payment in return for this work.
Costa is a good place where start your UK experience in London. I received a good customer service knowledge, Good coffee training , and some promotions.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Fast and stressful
Had a good time, management was good, good opportunities for growth at all levels. I left this job as I wanted a change of industry. Otherwise I would still be there.
My overall experience of working at costa was great. The staff were great and so was the whole team. There was fair pay as well as fair working hours. The only difficulty regarding the job was the environment of where I worked. Due to working at the airport it was stressful sometimes as there would many ques however, I came over this problem within a week of training and other than this minor difficulty my whole experience was amazing.
i really loved everything about this job, including staff,regular customers,the work place, it was a really enjoyable place to work. i benefited customer service skills, becoming a barista and getting to train up and knowing new things.i never had a dull moment there and got on with the team so well which made it be easier to come together on the busy days and supporting each other with complaints and dealing with the regulars who were sometimes difficult.
Fast paced and challenging. But enjoyable and friendly people to work with. Opportunities to progress are readily available for those that work hard and are dedicated.
Worked at costa coffee for nearly 4 years, throughout the period Me and several other young girls and women were sexually harassed by our manager. It became more physically than verbal recently so I and 3 other staff (female) reported the manager to our area manager and the owner of the franchise store.. nothing what so ever was done to resolve this issue and the managers disgusting behaviour. The management treated us like rubbish, no empathy or sympathy what so ever . All they did was move the manager to another store ten minutes away from my home and he is still a manager today working with no record and no punishment. They didn’t even contact HR to discuss the matter with them, they just attempted to sweep it under the rug!!
Costa is a unprofessional company that doesn’t care for their staffs health and well-being what so ever.

You are used to clean as if you are a actually cleaner, with no extra pay. You have half hour to clean the ENTIRE STORE from head to toe after the store closes which is physically impossible and you have no extra pay if you leave the store over the half hour time. Every month I was underpaid and then told that I have to wait until my next pay to get the money that I was owed, therefor paying more tax. You get hardly any holiday pay, and they don’t and can’t explain how the holiday pay system even works, if you do go on holidays then you will return to be punished by having to work everyday on your return.

There is no guaranteed hours and they may promise you that you will get the hours that you are seeking but will not give you any if they don’t
 - more...
New management came in and enforced stupidly high demands for a SIMPLE job, they put money before customer satisfaction and give you homework. Not the kind of job a student would want, maybe better for someone who needs full-time work although the workload is stupidly high for minimum wage. Double the wage and then it might be worth it.
You are replaceable, anyone can do your job and management remind you of that when you can't work any extra. When you do work extra there is no thanks just a few more pennies in your paycheck. If you want time off you need to take it as holiday or beg colleagues to take your shift. Slackers are never told off but if you work hard and have a bad day you are bullied. Would not recommend as a full time job.
Poor overall control will be surprised if they are still operating as they currently are in 6 months. Demands on staff were ridiculous while management had no control over what the staff were doing. Staff choosing when to work and when not to.
Had a terrible experience working for the company. It is a really stressful environment and the manager was not helpful at all. Shifts are not great either.
My management team were great. Busy, long and stressful days as well as enjoyable days. Very hot on cleanliness and uniform. Mix of friendly and non friendly customers
Working at costa is good but you have no life! It good but for the amount of hours you do when you break down your salary its about £5 an hour! Not good if you want a part tim
Pros
You do get about 3 hours sleep at night
Cons
Long hours no life, no friends
While working for Costa a couple of their locations closed down and I was forced to relocate.
Poor luck of the draw.

I probably should have taken it as a sign and jumped ship sooner but I didn't.

That either says something about me or the company I kept.

Who knows.

Making coffee for people with short tempers who commute.

It's not as bad as it sounds.
This is a good job if you have the right team and management behind you but be prepared this isnt always the case often understaffed and expected to do so many things that quite often there isnt time for growing queues but your still expected to ask 21 questions to every customer to upsell in a very target driven environment which is sometimes unrealistic.
Overall Enjoyed my time working for the company. They took a relaxed approach to how you engaged with costumers allowing you to have your own personality whilst maintaining a professional boundary. It is however a very repetitive job that can leave you feeling drained also will require you to be more flexible than the job will be meaning that you are constantly having to bend over backwards to support the job role.
i enjoyed the career but the pay was very low which meant i was very limited with my spendings. The hardest part of the job are the limited shifts due to the opening and closing times. I learnt great customer skills and i am qualified and trained in Barista skills.
Pros
discount
Cons
Team work really really hard, The colleagues and peers work together, Some customers make working here a great place to work. Hours and work is tough and tight budget with little room.
you could have a laugh with the manager and your coworkers everyone was very supportive what able to go out at any time and have a chat with your manager if you have any problems at home or at work
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
You had to go home
I enjoy working at costa, my team is very friendly and the customers are very friendly and the atmosphere is great. I find it challenging sometimes but my colleagues are extremely supportive and help me as i went through my training.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costa Coffee. Our community is ready to answer.