Costa Coffee
Information from Costa Coffee:

Costa Coffee Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,989 reviews
Found 1,989 reviews matching the search
I absolutely loved working at Costa. Training was fully provided to learn how to make all the drinks, staff members were super easy to get along with, and it was easy to build rapport with customers. Downside was the awful management. Constantly changing, with managers committing gross misconduct here, there and everywhere with no respect for staff.
Pros
Great pay, good training, opportunities to progress (I got promoted!), lovely staff members
Cons
Awful management - constantly changing, each manager thinks they know everything, stuck up, so hard to get along with, long and late hours for working in a coffee shop, stressful job
Management was the worst I've ever experienced. I'm a slow learner which then meant I'm always pushed to the side instead of being helped. Branch is joint with the odeon, none of them bothered to know us. Once you get the hang of it all it does get easier. Customers can get really aggy, and the pace can get astronomical so constantly have to keep calm, few of us had to take moments in the cupboard to chill when it got busy. Discount is poor. If you are a quick learner and give your whole soul, spirit, a leg and a foot to the job you can climb, otherwise its just an glorified after school/college job.
A typical workday is usually very stressful and fast-paced but also requires skill. It's very rewarding when customers compliment your skills and your ability to work well under pressure.
Fast-paced job and stressful at times, but with a fair pay. There was plenty of development opportunities, additional training was provided and promotion offers.
Helpful colleagues, cheerful, family atmosphere, fast service.
clean tidy, respectful and kind treatment of guests. Fast, accurate service for guests.
Pros
have experience
Cons
A typical large company hospitality job, nothing different here. Management with authority issues, stigma over sicknesses or absence, over worked, lack of respect for life outside of work especially if you're management, cutting corners in order to hit unrealistic targets. Lots of good people do work for Costa in higher management, but a blind eye is turned to bad shop managers if they're hitting targets. In saying all of this, they pay well and have good benefits.
Due to the intense pressurised environment and constant high unachievable targets from above management. The staff and management became unsupportive.
Expected to do a lot more than what I was being paid to do, confrontational staff and even more confrontational area manager who saw employees as cattle.
The hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day. Your typical day works in waves of business. In quiet sections of the day you can clean your station and the dining area. Working as a team is essential and it is key that you know your role and how you can help the rest of the team when you need to. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was interacting with the customers and making drinks that they will enjoy.
I didn’t work there for long but my time there was good. The manager I had was very fair and understanding as there were occasions were I had to take long periods off due to my fiancé being unwell.
There were opportunities to progress and I was given added responsibility early on which was rewarding. I was studying at the time too so when I graduated I got a job In my field and said goodbye to costa coffee.
I absolutely loved my time at costa, worked there for almost 5 years and although sometimes it was stressful you do make friends for life there. I always wish I could go back, even for a day!
Costa was a great experience, it allowed me to meet new people. Despite working under-pressure my partners and I never failed to help our customers the best we could. There is no doubt that there was always great amount of teamwork however, most of us struggled with getting everything done when closing and opening due to shortage o staff. However, it was a great experience and I learnt the true importance of resilience, patience, and teamwork.
really do love working for costa and really good progression too. those who are in for the long game definately a good company. would recommend to most people
From the get go, a day's work at costa is fast-paced. The team supports each other, but the very busy days, alongside the fact that only two members of staff are on during a shift, often result to unhappy staff members. The management, on a whole, is good and working with the manager can be fun, however the lack of employees often means that busy shifts are made to feel very stressful and there are always extra hours that need to be filled by staff who already work most of their contracted hours. This company would be great to work with, if there were more staff members employed and the shifts were made to feel less stressful and run much smoother.
was a good place to work at and helps you to develop skills that you'll take to future jobs. you'll need to be versatile as you'll be doing every job there is, everything from crafting drinks to mopping the floor.
employees are bullied into taking shifts with no notice, constant calls 5-12 times a day on your day off. Pay is poor and middle management often frequent the stores bullying staff and threatening them. Do not work for this company.
Very fast paced and stressful job, but fun if you are working with the right people. Company cares about employees and pay is excellent. Job and Home life balance is minimal though - lots of extra shifts.
Unable to supply more detail due to being part of senior leadership team. Any further information required is via my profile or supplied at interview.
Management at costa was always intense as it way always busy so the managers had to be strict, this allowed me to be able to handle the pressure of a lot of customers and a greater workload
Training took longer than expected, some areas were really quiet through the night as I was based at an airport, it was only a seasonal contract no progression
Pros
Job was ok
Cons
Shift work
happy with them
I recommend , working in costa is a good opportunity to improve your work under pressure i think it is 1 of the most jobs can help you out for real
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costa Coffee. Our community is ready to answer.