Costa Coffee
Coronavirus update
Information from Costa Coffee:

Costa Coffee Employee Reviews in Dunstable

Dunstable7 reviews
Unable to supply more detail due to being part of senior leadership team. Any further information required is via my profile or supplied at interview.
Costa Coffee provide a very good work/life balance and support remote working where they can, whilst providing the tools to allow you to remain effective in your roles.
How costa grew, to the size they are, is actually astounding.

They do not support mental health and communication is terrible.

Anything you try to do to build engagement is frowned upon and deemed "inappropriate".

The management is so disconnected from the front line teams and everyone is only interested in their own agenda.

Anyone who is not in a store, is very self-important and arrogant.

The management constantly take staff hours away from the store teams, leaving no time for personal development, yet claim to fully support it.

The sole focus in the business is Labour hours and NPS scores. Nothing else matters. Not the teams. Not individuals. Not the customer. Not delivering great service.

The only thing that matters is chasing the numbers!

You'd think they had the most difficult job in the world. It's coffee! The world isn't going to end.

NEVER work for costa. Unless you want to be worked to the bone and demoralised on a daily basis
Pros
Nice people in the store teams
Cons
Too many to list.
learnt a lot - given a lot of different responsibility - worked with franchise partners and social media.
work place was good and management were very supportive.
Costa coffee is an amazing place to work where no day is the same and each day brings different challenges depending on how busy the store is. it is a very enjoyable place to work where you can have a laugh with other staff members.
Pros
Get free drinks while working, get 50% discount on food while you are working, can get 25% discount on anything when you go into store with the discount card.
Cons
can be very busy depending on the time of the year and time of the day.
Costa overall was great in terms of character-building, as it allows you to really test yourself in a fast-paced, stressful environment. This isn't easy however with a large queue of customers awaiting service (standard at costa, as they are a popular coffee shop) and tough management peeking over your shoulder ready to point out the smallest mistake that makes the beverage "not brand standard". Hard to please everyone I guess! However learning how to make drinks and making them correctly was particularly rewarding.
Pros
Half price food and free drinks on the job
Cons
Stressful environment, long hours
My job roll is all about customer satisfaction and face to face interaction. I really enjoy working with the public and getting to know my customers which makes my job enjoyable. A typical day for me would involve a constant workload, whether it's dealing with a high volume of customers or the maintenance of the store its self. Each day, the team and I are given the responsibility to uphold the brand standard of the company and the reputation of our store. We have each been trained on how to deliver these great standards down to the very last detail. With all this in my mind, I believe that it is evident that the job is very constant and tiring but shows that i take pride in my job roll.
Pros
Great team relationship
Cons
Shift patterns
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costa Coffee. Our community is ready to answer.