Costa Coffee
Coronavirus update
Information from Costa Coffee:

Costa Coffee Employee Reviews in Basildon

Basildon4 reviews
Its not a great place to work as its not what you know its who you know that counts
great place to work, friendly atmosphere, customers are always friendly. great people altogether, I enjoyed going to work everyday as everyone is like one big family
Costa Coffee, Basildon, Debenhams Branch (no shade at Debenhams, the Costa is just situated here).

Costa is not a good place to work if you're looking for flexibility. If your contract states 37 hours, you should expect to be working 45+, I don't think I ever had a week where I was under this amount of hours. My contract stated "37 hours a week over 5 days." I don't know why this was written because you are expected to work 8-9 hour days 6 to 7 days a week.

First off, management, awful. Don't even know where to begin, would never address issues to your face, it was always done over social media, completely unprofessional. No training given at all, honestly had no idea what tongs to use or what cloths to use when it came to the food and drink. When asking a question, you would get an eye roll and a short snappy answer for asking a question the management should have told you on day 1.

You only get a 30 minute break if you work over 6 hours, even if you work 9 hours you only get a 30 minute break.

Your pay is roughly £7.83 to begin with, then is increased by 20p after training, so pay is about £8.03 an hour.

The job included serving on tills, tidying the store (cleaning tables, taking away any plates & cups etc), and making coffee. The workload is harsh and they expect you to do most of it on your own. (So whilst you're out back doing dishes, you need to run outside to the cooker to serve food, which did not seem very sanitary to me).

I can't really say much on the people, I wasn't there long enough to get to know most of them, but management were definitely
 - more...
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, management, hardly any form of break
i loved working at costa, every day was varied and i had passion for the job, i would recommend this role to anyone looking for a friendky environment