Costa Coffee
Information from Costa Coffee:

Costa Coffee Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,964 reviews
Found 1,964 reviews matching the search
Costa was a great experience, it allowed me to meet new people. Despite working under-pressure my partners and I never failed to help our customers the best we could. There is no doubt that there was always great amount of teamwork however, most of us struggled with getting everything done when closing and opening due to shortage o staff. However, it was a great experience and I learnt the true importance of resilience, patience, and teamwork.
Bullied at work
Due to the intense pressurised environment and constant high unachievable targets from above management. The staff and management became unsupportive.
I was having to step in as the supervisor and being paid to be less than
Expected to do a lot more than what I was being paid to do, confrontational staff and even more confrontational area manager who saw employees as cattle.
High paced exciting work day
The hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day. Your typical day works in waves of business. In quiet sections of the day you can clean your station and the dining area. Working as a team is essential and it is key that you know your role and how you can help the rest of the team when you need to. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was interacting with the customers and making drinks that they will enjoy.
Working at Basildon Roastery
Half the team are sleeping with each other so don't expect a professional or comfortable working environment. You cannot report this to management they will do nothing.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional environment
It was a good place to work. Coworkers were nice and manager was kind and helpful.
I didn’t work there for long but my time there was good. The manager I had was very fair and understanding as there were occasions were I had to take long periods off due to my fiancé being unwell.
There were opportunities to progress and I was given added responsibility early on which was rewarding. I was studying at the time too so when I graduated I got a job In my field and said goodbye to costa coffee.
Some of the best years of my life
I absolutely loved my time at costa, worked there for almost 5 years and although sometimes it was stressful you do make friends for life there. I always wish I could go back, even for a day!
fun place to work and progress
really do love working for costa and really good progression too. those who are in for the long game definately a good company. would recommend to most people
Amazing Team. Stressful Environment.
From the get go, a day's work at costa is fast-paced. The team supports each other, but the very busy days, alongside the fact that only two members of staff are on during a shift, often result to unhappy staff members. The management, on a whole, is good and working with the manager can be fun, however the lack of employees often means that busy shifts are made to feel very stressful and there are always extra hours that need to be filled by staff who already work most of their contracted hours. This company would be great to work with, if there were more staff members employed and the shifts were made to feel less stressful and run much smoother.
good
was a good place to work at and helps you to develop skills that you'll take to future jobs. you'll need to be versatile as you'll be doing every job there is, everything from crafting drinks to mopping the floor.
Modern day slavery
employees are bullied into taking shifts with no notice, constant calls 5-12 times a day on your day off. Pay is poor and middle management often frequent the stores bullying staff and threatening them. Do not work for this company.
Fast paced but fun job
Very fast paced and stressful job, but fun if you are working with the right people. Company cares about employees and pay is excellent. Job and Home life balance is minimal though - lots of extra shifts.
Was a great place to work until being bought by Coca-Cola
Unable to supply more detail due to being part of senior leadership team. Any further information required is via my profile or supplied at interview.
Management at costa was always intense as it way always busy so the managers had to be strict, this allowed me to be able to handle the pressure of a lot of customers and a greater workload
It was ok,
Training took longer than expected, some areas were really quiet through the night as I was based at an airport, it was only a seasonal contract no progression
Pros
Job was ok
Cons
Shift work
happy with them
happy with them
I recommend , working in costa is a good opportunity to improve your work under pressure i think it is 1 of the most jobs can help you out for real
Productive and Fun workplace
Working at costa was a change in pace from what I was used to in my previous job role in a restuarant. it was peaks and troughs. There were extremely busy periods and slow quite periods. I loved every minute of the job, the people I worked with were amazing human beings and it just added to the experience of working for such a big company
Be carefull with franchises
Not a bad place to start if you have a good manager and nice colleagues. People are usually helpful but you also need to show common sense and initiative and show that you want to work.
I enjoyed making coffees but in most Costa Coffees it is very busy.
I enjoyed making coffees but in most Costa Coffees it is very busy. I would of liked to have been on the coffee machine more and have more responsibility in the workplace.
Productive and fun
Incredibly fair and engaging employer. I loved working there as the job was entertaining, enjoyable and interesting. Would recommend to any potential candidates.
Pay is received on time
I arrive at the pre agreed time on certain days of the week, certain tasks are requested of me which i perform adequately. I receive payment in return for this work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costa Coffee. Our community is ready to answer.