Costa is the national living wage. I am 17 as a Barista and I am on £8.72 an hour. With training it also rises. Doesn’t go up with age.
Ours was minimum wage
I'm 16 and get paid NLW, same rate for all staff with the same job description
Its age dependent
It depends if you're at a franchise Costa, If it's a franchise Costa, it's up to the company to decide - not whitbread but the minimum wage (as of April 2018, it's £7.83 for anyone over 25, 18 or under, you're looking at £7.60.
No. 18 or over could get payed more but they are mainly the same
Got paid 5.50 per hour for a year at a franchise, but never bothered learning how to make coffee or work on the till as was told i wouldn't be paid extra (im 17 btw)
The pay bracket is actually very good. It depends where a store is located and the performance of the store (split into 3 categories).
For a standard sized store in a town meeting targets you're looking at around £7.40/ £7.80 p/hr.
Yes you start on 7.50 per hour for all ages from 16 etc then when you have been signed off on your coffee you get a wage increase to 7.80 per hour
Age-dependent - whether you live on your own or not. And if you progress you don't get a pay rise either.
- What is the pay at Costa? Weekly, fortnightly? Monthly? Just wondering as I've just been offered a p…13 people answered
- Do you get set shifts (i.e. the same days and times every week) or are you able to work around other…10 people answered
- Are you aloud piercings? I have my septum, lip and ears stretched10 people answered
- I asked about wearing a skirt. Due to certain reasons I do not wear trousers. I got told I could wea…10 people answered
- What is the Costa Coffee employee discount?10 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Costa Coffee?10 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Costa Coffee?10 people answered
- What is the dress code8 people answered
- What is the organisational culture at Costa Coffee?8 people answered
- What do 16 year olds get paid7 people answered