Cosine UK

Cosine UK Pay & Benefits reviews

United Kingdom48 reviews
Ok
ok to works for not great! lot of staff turn over not for the long term but each to there own, would not recommend to a friend.
6 April 2017
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. The nature of tactical activities means that we’re unable to guarantee long term roles but do offer great flexibility for this type of work. If you do have unresolved issues please do get in touch directly.
Job not what advertised and treated poorly
I joined this company as a 'Brand Ambassador', which was advertised as a marketing based role involving taking an active part in the promotion of a new product including analysing the feedback from potential customers. In reality, the job was standing in a shopping centre trying to sell broadband. The job was entirely misadvertised and at no point did they mention the day to day activities of the job, instead just using vague terms - as a 21 year old finding my first job, I fell for this. The other people hired alongside me were also my age and I believe they took advantage of our naivety. We were on our feet, often in the rain for 8 hours with only a 30 minute break, and branded underperforming when not enough people signed up (as if we could control what other people do). The working hours were also grossly misadvertised, as well as the bonus scheme. I was paid £20,000 for this job, which was a great starter salary but in no way worth it. To put it plainly, I'm now in a £16,000 per year job and I wouldn't switch places because I'm now respected in my new job. The company also treated some of my coworkers poorly and were not at all sensitive or respectful to employees suffering from mental health issues.
Pros
Genuinely nothing
Cons
Falsely advertised job, poor treatment
Former power player in retail promotion space now superseded by leaner and better payers
Worked on a number of campaigns with Cosine (same company as CPM) they are notoriously low payers relying on their size and former influence to entice gullible grads and first time entrants into the promo arena. They have lost many large accounts due to the fragmentation of the marketplace and the poor wages they pay. If you want to drive your car to various supermarkets and get paid £8.20 an hour then this is the job for you. Otherwise I'd look at other companies that offer better money and career advancement which Cosine certainly do not.
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor Money
make sure you have an alternative
The work was irregular.

No help with pay related issues, management are useless.

I wasnt paid for the work I did, and was told it wasnt their problem.
Pros
decent hourly rate
Cons
not enough available hours, management was useless
29 March 2017
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. The nature of tactical activities means that we’re unable to guarantee a set number of hours past a single activity but do offer great flexibility. If you do have unresolved issues please do get in touch directly.
fun workplace
I really enjoyed my time at Cosine, it was an amazing jobs and it had so many benefits. the money was good and the overall social part of the day was fun and enjoyable. It was an easy job, you learn a lot and get to know the regulars that come into the store. Which makes it all that bit easier to get another sale. The only down side to the job is the long hours you spend on your feet, other than that I couldn't fault it.
Pros
Socialable and casual
Cons
long hours on your feet
29 March 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write a review we really appreciate your feedback.
good
the wages are fair and the hours are good.
I only dealt with one manager and they were ok, but could possibly do with a little more help to take the pressure off.
29 March 2017
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate your feedback.
Fun and Challenging
The job i did was both fun and challenging as some the items i was promoting were alot easier than others.

Cosine as a company are really great to work for
Pros
great wage
Cons
not enough hours