Cosine UK

Cosine UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom52 reviews
Sampling stands crammed into cages with boxes of Products stored on top. Arrive early to set up the point of sale & thoroughly clean the inside & out side of the stand for health & hygiene. Check for any damage to the stand for safety. If cooking is required add the microwave or halogen oven & extension leads. Consumables etc.
Most days are busy depending on the campaign and how popular it is.

Purchase ingredients, prepare vegetables, cook ingredients and hand out samples to consumers . Encourage customers to purchase and to make at home.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you sell out of buying stock then move on to the alternative, if this sells out, move onto super alternatives. Rewarding results.
I would avoid working for these by any means
Everything is changed constantly and they make it harder and harder to earn money

They don’t treat staff right and always take ages to get a response on anything
Cons
Should have looked into company more before joining. No consistency and seems to work on assumption you run around like a headless chicken for minimal reward.
Pros
Equipment
Cons
Poor pay, communication, honesty
Excellent company to work for, great support from managers and HR. They only give you very realistic target to achieve . If you have concerns management listens to you and supports you.
Pros
Really supporting management and HR
Cons
Nothing to say
Excellent place to work with a supportive environment and a strong, positive atmosphere. I've really enjoyed my time with Cosine and believe I have developed as both an employee and as an individual.
the job was poorly run with very little communication, which added to the stress of an already stressful sales job. The redudancy meeting that i had was poorly organised and seemed very last minute. would not reccomend working for cosine as they do not look after their employees and dont treat them in the correct manner.
I was employed by Cosine for 3 years, employed on a contract for DPD courier service.
I enjoyed working for Cosine at first until they started to employ Area Managers that would do as they are told by Dpd so all blame always got passed on to Cosine employees. This was due to Cosine Management being weak and not being able to express to Dpd the problems that

dpd were creating all due to the fact that Cosine were frightened of losing the contract

contract.
Micro management is the opposite of empowering. Worked on the vodafone contract. More managers than staff. Full of their own self importance. Be aware they do not pay commissions (which are paid six months in arrears) as promised to sales people.
You will not be allowed to claim the expenses they promise. Awful people to work for. Stay away.
Having worked for an area manager that I had not seen. I was the subject of rude and offensive language. When I told her I would not work for her the money I was due was stopped. I had to take legal action to get what was mine.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cosine UK?
Liked working for cosine as the flexibility and various different products to promote made it enjoyable. But they lost the contract with Sainsburys. I loved the support this company provided.
Was hired for one day and that was that.
Very bad communication between the main office and I. Received payment about 2 months after I worked a shift for them.
I worked seasonally at cosine I loved it I was a Sampling Ambassador based in Straiton Sainsburys but got to go to other stores around Edinburgh and even Kinross, I made some awesome friends and really enjoyed working for Cosine
Worked on Schwartz account over Christmas period, Full on work over this period but suited my needs, manager really helpful and professional, no major issues
Pros
Professional company
Cons
Short contract
Such a fantastic company to work for. I was working on the LG account and they helped me with progression my whole time I was with them. I would still be there now if it wasn't for redundancies. They are like a family. Very loving and if you need to ring for a chat or to let off steam they are always there to help out
Pros
Such a loving company
Cons
Pay a little on the lower side for the roles
You get a list of jobs for the contract and you are able to organise your own workload and your day. I learned that I am very organised and efficient. The hardest part of the job was working alone, however it was great to meet lots of different people.
Cosine is a highly successful business that is riding the industry well despite tough trading conditions.

Clients take the priority as Cosine, staff are dedicated and its a fun place to work.
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Pressure on occasions
Dependent on what account you work on, will depend on whether you enjoy your time at Cosine or not.

Some of the account managers are fabulous and will support, coach and help you be the best you can be.

Initially workplace culture is also fabulous and you are made to feel extremely welcome and part of the wider business.
Great opportunity to work with local stores. A fun and open atmosphere to meet/ engage various customers and be of help towards their buying decisions
Pros
Ability to push yourself and see what you can achieve in any one day in terms of 'target'
Cons
Hard to return or gain the same type of employment, once an employee leaves.
I joined this company as a 'Brand Ambassador', which was advertised as a marketing based role involving taking an active part in the promotion of a new product including analysing the feedback from potential customers. In reality, the job was standing in a shopping centre trying to sell broadband. The job was entirely misadvertised and at no point did they mention the day to day activities of the job, instead just using vague terms - as a 21 year old finding my first job, I fell for this. The other people hired alongside me were also my age and I believe they took advantage of our naivety. We were on our feet, often in the rain for 8 hours with only a 30 minute break, and branded underperforming when not enough people signed up (as if we could control what other people do). The working hours were also grossly misadvertised, as well as the bonus scheme. I was paid £20,000 for this job, which was a great starter salary but in no way worth it. To put it plainly, I'm now in a £16,000 per year job and I wouldn't switch places because I'm now respected in my new job. The company also treated some of my coworkers poorly and were not at all sensitive or respectful to employees suffering from mental health issues.
Pros
Genuinely nothing
Cons
Falsely advertised job, poor treatment
Amazing place to work, everyone knows your name and you are treated like family.

collaboration between departments is really good and very people focused company.
I worked at Cosine for over 4 years and it was one of the best employers I have had.
Very much a family style environment within the office, with everyone given a chance in the business, regardless of seniority, to voice an opinion that was listen too.

Hardest part of the job was working remotely and engaging with the office to ensure that we were all aligned.

Culture was my ideal fit, as it was very much a great there together ethos.
Pros
Culture, People
Cons
Long Hours, Considerable Travel