Corps Security Employee Reviews

Scotland
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh7 February 2018
the worst company ever worked.. cant be trusted.. they do whatever they want even change your contract without any notice.. guys .. stay away from them
good company to work for.
Security (Current Employee) –  London27 January 2018
At corps you can have busy days, depend on site there is lots to learn management reasonable but very busy, is difficult to have a clear communication with managers but they will pay on time.
Pros
keep me busy
Cons
long shifts
Good Work/Life Balance
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire17 January 2018
I am currently working for Corps Security in Leeds on gatehouse, since I have started in November, I have enjoyed my time at work, the management and all supervisors are very helpful and answer any questions I have. The staff are excellent and polite and the manager is very helpful. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a good security company who is very organised and puts its employees first!
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Long Hours
the management do not care
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London14 December 2017
the management do not care about the welfare of the staff, they are just focused on trying to keep the client happy. management are also hard to get hold of when needed.
management ?
Guard (Current Employee) –  Wales3 December 2017
Everything depends on the quality of the management. Short of staff, they promise they are interviewing no one ever starts.Never provide the cover guards they promise. Often left to do shift on your own. Don't expect your wages to be right. I don't think the managers have the training they need, they get thrown in the deep end and are over worked. As a guard it's like having all your energy and enthusiasm sucked out of you. But if you need a job there are always vacancies. In the end that's why we put up with it
Excellent support
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 December 2017
Been with Corps for over 18 months and have found them to be supportive and helpful. Lots of support from management and the site I work on is a big site with great teams and breaks.
Pros
Regular management visits
Over time
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 November 2017
Great place to work. Plenty of hours available. Colleagues are fantastic. Real feel for security work. Long hours if you are able to work them. Mainly Weekdays.
Pros
Cons
short notice rota changes
Worse security company ever
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central21 September 2017
What a poor company duty managers useless contract manager is a waste of space company portal waste of time and effort control room useless all in worse company I have ever worked for
Pros
Cons
Whole company
No motivation
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Clarkenwell london17 September 2017
Management is bad poor judgments on a security aspects.Corps remember if you look after you're staff they will look after you're business.Its so easy to get job with the company think why is that.I would definitely recommend to stay away.
Typical security Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Surrey13 September 2017
Dont expect progression it wont happen.Dont expect to be recognised or valued.No real image just a corporate image that does not exist.Pay always wrong.
Pros
Cons
Bad management.
Very poor management
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Midlands7 September 2017
Manager phoned to offer me work then I'm about to start work & I can't get hold of the managers for contact absolute jokers avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid
Cons
Useless
No problems with this company
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  North Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire3 September 2017
I have worked for Corps for about 5 months now, After looking at other reviews I can't believe this is the same company, I enjoy my job and have a great manager, all the other managers I have met have been ok so far, I would recommend this company to people I know, I just work at one place and not from site to site, the people I work with are all ok also, I have total job satisfaction here and am treated very well by the company, I hope to work for this company for a long time.
Pros
good wage, paid monthly, good manager, the area where I work is very good
Cons
12 hour shifts nights, I chose to work this so its good for me, 4 on 4 off.
Bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset26 July 2017
Worked for the company for 1.5 years had nothing by trouble staff leavening near every month management give a dam about anyone but there self bullying goes on every day bad company to work for stay well away if you got any sence
Cons
Great company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lancashire18 July 2017
Corps Security is a great company to work for and although I would've preferred a higher salary, I would take working for Corps over a higher salary with another company.
management a joke
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  midlands1 July 2017
management is poor communication between managers and scheduling lacks and really poor recruitment take on anyone absolutely useless but this is another issue with pay no incentives at all get calls anytime of the day regarding shifts
Pros
work area
Cons
long hours poor pay and guards themselves useless
miss communication
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  West Midlands29 June 2017
miss communication between management and none qualified site supervisors. Deputy managers are not co operating with staff. If you have any problem on site then its very difficult to contact management.
Pros
Cons
untrained site supervisors
Job security is not very good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire20 June 2017
My opinion working environment is not good. Life with CORPS Security is unpleasant. Work assignments is not managed competent as a professional manner.
Cons
Sacked with no warning despite being best officer on site
Corporate Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells14 June 2017
10 guards at my site, I was the best by far, 1 sat with his feet up on the reception desk, on camera seen by management, nothing done! 1 smoking in the office, on camera nothing done, 1 always late and sleeping on the night shifts, evidence seen by management, nothing done, I could go on! Then u have me who worked in a team of 2 and only lived down the road, it was quicker to go home eat dinner and go back then to pop to the shop, baring in mind it's late the site is secure and empty and the other guard is on site and more than happy for me to go eat as he used to eat his pack lunch and watch TV for an hour or two, so one night I go to eat, have a major family situation to deal with, short story is I was off site about 2 hours but the guard didn't phone so all was ok but management found out and instantly sacked me, no meeting no questions nothing. Not even a chance to explain what happened. My family 👪 became homeless we lost everything, whereas the guy who used to sleep all the time is still there!!! I was happy at corps until this and had no support from my superiors. Not even the decency to text me or anything. Disgusting and I would have taken it further had I not had to worry about my family and children. Oh and I was the least experienced guy but was training and showing others how to do certain aspects of the job.
To be honest I loved it till this happened.
Pros
All mouth no action
Cons
No support when it counts, management all out for themselves.
Reception
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire8 June 2017
A typical day at work would be, welcoming people to the establishment and directing them to the correct place of work, within the building, ensuring the wellbeing and safety of all personnel on site, and being aware of all the emergency regulations and fire exits etc.
Pros
Free coffee
Not good
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh2 June 2017
Worst company I've worked for, my manager was an incompetent and a liar, all he wanted was to keep the client manager sweet so he could have an easy time of it. I would not recommend Corps Security in Edinburgh as a good career move.
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corps Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8