Corps Security Employee Reviews

former duty manager
Duty Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire11 August 2018
i worked for corps for 2 years started well had a great contract manager but he moved too a site and the new contract manager was useless lots off broken promises he was warned about sites leaving the company but did not care seemed like management was run by a group off friends who covered each others backs and upper management turned a blind eye shame as it used to be a great company
Pros
great guards
Cons
salary management hours shifts stripped without notice
Don't work for them not worth the money
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife23 July 2018
Work in dunfermline at the controversial amazon site no management and the staff get paid more than security the staff thay hired were taking drugs on shift told managers and they said so what everyone else does no help to progress and staff moral was below zero really bad place
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything about the company
busy and fun workplace
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Bickleigh, Devon27 June 2018
I worked 12 hours a day and the days always went very quick and never felt boring even though there was always a routine which was very precise. the manager could always be reached whenever needed. the best part about the job was when you got to patrol the base and interact with the marines
Pros
long enough breaks
Cons
HR department never getting things done
great company to work for
security officer (Former Employee) –  Leicestershire24 June 2018
always been offered work thru scheduling plenty of sites I've enjoyed working at,management have been great, I've learnt a great deal working with corps
Pros
some good sites to work on
Cons
long hours and pay is poor
Worst security company ever in northern Ireland
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Belfast20 June 2018
Rubbish managers in the Belfast office not got any idea what they are doing at all do not stick up for the gaurds even if the gaurds doing the right things in there sites.loose holiday details even when put in twice.would not go back to that rubbish companyeven if they paid me £200 p/h
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Too many
Corps security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  London2 June 2018
Wages are missed up every month.
Management dont care about the staff at all.
They pay your holidays in hours.
You work 12 hour shifts but they pay you 8 hours holidays per holiday off. They short pay your holidays.
They have a tax scheme were they are gaining off tge staff.
They supple a small stock of uniform to you.
If your a relief they have their favourites if you refuse work they will punish you be not getting you regular work.
They lose alot of contracts.
I have had three contract manager's in two years.
Stressful company full of drama.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
It’s great working with the Corps.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Marlow28 May 2018
Still working with them and so far haven’t had any issues with the company. The company has a training programme which is very informative. The company creates a healthy working environment.
Pros
Promotely repond to wages queries.
Cons
Issues with P60 and information sent to the Inland Revenue.
Overall a good Company to work for.
Relief Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham25 May 2018
Overall a good Company, site rates of Pay were very good. The staff on sites were friendly and worked well as a team. The Company has local Offices around the country with a Control Room in Glasgow, the Control Room staff were always helpful.
Pros
Good Rates of Pay.
Cons
Various sites to cover
job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire11 May 2018
i would work for this company again it was one of the best places i have worked i looked forward going to work the mangerment are great if they can help you they will keep it up
It is not worth working for them
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London5 May 2018
This company is one of the worst in which I worked. Management does not care about employees at all. Only the money from the contract for the company is counted. Very poor management, very poor training development program, chaos in the Head Office. The Management staff have no clue who is working for them at all and this is the best part of it.
Pros
no positives
Cons
long hours, low pay, poor management, lack of understanding, failure to keep promises
Productive and very good company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London17 April 2018
Greeting customers, visitors, contractors and other. Dealing with enquires and offering advice and information to visitors, contractors and clients. Taking messages and emailing. Writing up reports, dealing with the post, always polite and friendly when using telephone systems, signing guests in and out, patrolling building.
Very good company to work for. Ive learnt so many things on the job and have worked with so many staff and other and gotten to know different people that I worked with. It has been a thoroughly enjoyable part of the job, meeting new people, dealing with different situations when they arise and how to deal with those situations.
Pros
Good employee benefits included in the job
Cons
No Cons
Good team members but no management available
Post Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Churchill8 April 2018
I worked in the post room for Direct Line under Corps Security a typical day consisted of sorting out Direct Lines post and distributing it to the relevant departments. There was four staff employed by Corps Security and two Direct Line staff who all worked together. We only ever seen our area manager once per month, although I never has issues with wages other staff did on numerous occasions. The most enjoyable part was the staff I worked with, I was made redundant they gave me a good amount of notice. The company would run better if management were around more.
Pros
Good work collegues
Cons
Management no availble, Low wage
Management??
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire27 March 2018
I worked at the same location under two different companies. Corps management was made up from who ever had the company car at the time of the site visits. Very little contact, and poor continuity of problem addressing. Should,and could have been so much better.
Pros
Did little to change an effective work routine
Cons
Did little to improve officer's benefits
40 Commando
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset23 February 2018
I worked for Corps Secuirty last year for 8 months and I had to leave for many reasons. The basic hygiene of fully grown men was disgusting, finger nails spat under the desk where you had to sit with greasy hair stains. The manager was not exactly inspirational or approachable in anyway what so ever, and would lose his temper at the smallest of matters. The pay is minimum wage and there is no staff room or any place of comfort if you did get chance to have a break. The only positives about working at 40 commando for Corps was leaving.
Productive and a flexible place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire22 February 2018
In general Corps Security is a fun place to work, have lively members of staff who cares about their employers. They embrace the multicultural society living and treat everyone equally regardless the culture.
Scotland
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh7 February 2018
the worst company ever worked.. cant be trusted.. they do whatever they want even change your contract without any notice.. guys .. stay away from them
good company to work for.
Security (Current Employee) –  London27 January 2018
At corps you can have busy days, depend on site there is lots to learn management reasonable but very busy, is difficult to have a clear communication with managers but they will pay on time.
Pros
keep me busy
Cons
long shifts
Good Work/Life Balance
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire17 January 2018
I am currently working for Corps Security in Leeds on gatehouse, since I have started in November, I have enjoyed my time at work, the management and all supervisors are very helpful and answer any questions I have. The staff are excellent and polite and the manager is very helpful. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a good security company who is very organised and puts its employees first!
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Long Hours
The best in the world ONCE
Supervisor / Key Holder / Alarm Response (Former Employee) –  Newport17 December 2017
Years ago the company was based on a military design and it worked well.
Nowadays all concept of a military base has gone out (with most of the ex military staff) and a bunch of know nothing admin wallers have taken it over, they know nothing of security in real life or how to treat staff.
Gone to the dogs from a world leading company, be glad to get out, on my terms.
Pros
No lack of hours some weeks. Good management in some parts of the country.
Cons
No hours at all other weeks, management don't give care about you, in most areas of the country.
the management do not care
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London14 December 2017
the management do not care about the welfare of the staff, they are just focused on trying to keep the client happy. management are also hard to get hold of when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corps Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8