Corps Security Employee Reviews

Work life
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bristol18 May 2019
Average for this type of industry. Not always praised by management when a job has been done well. The Management are approachable and I get on well within the site that I am currently working at. The management there always have time for me and put them selves for me when necessary
Awful Company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  South Wales17 May 2019
Thinking of joining Corps? Stay away trust me! Management have no clue what’s going on and it’s just a absolute shambles. You will be promised lots of things which will sound amazing but don’t count on it. STAY AWAY
Pros
Cons
Loads
Read the reviews below and be aware
SO (Current Employee) –  South West12 May 2019
All that is said below is true, deluded I think is the word for them, no alignment at all with mission statement and vision.Right down through the layers of management with most guards, detached from the corps and attached to the client for protection.
Pros
a job
Cons
depressing they try to bully, but are not clever enough to achieve that even
Broken Promises
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow Green6 May 2019
No holiday pay for work done from June to August five years ago for the Commonwealth Games. Poor welfare. Were told we were to be paid £9 an hour, it was £8. Were told we were getting a hot meal for nightshift workers, we were given a supermarket sandwich, a cup of soup and one roll.
Worst company in London to work for
Corporate Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ex employee25 April 2019
Unprofessional management, only looking after favourites.If you have opinion and disagree with management then you not Gona get well paid shifts.
Pros
Cons
Disrespectful management to hard working staff, 0 hour contract
Terrible management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 April 2019
I have worked for Corps for a few years now and the only reason iv stayed with them is because im on a permanent site and the actual job is ok. I try to steer clear of dealing with corps as much as possible but have to when it comes to booking holidays ect. They will decline holidays just because they cant be bothered to find cover, once your holiday is booked they might cancel it without telling you or try to get you to come in, in the middle of your holiday. They move, cancel and add to your shifts without telling you. They blatantly lie to their clients forgeting that we talk to the client for example they might change your shift last minuet and tell the client that you have called in sick or "blown out". The wage is far too low for what they expect from you, causing a high turn over and low quality of staff. They are a hire and fire company that dosent care about individuals. Have a complaint about a duty manager or contracts manager? Dont even bother complaining it will only get you fired and if you try to complain anonymously they will refuse to deal with it. I had another job offer from a good company on the day i got this job and accepted this one due to the pay being slightly higher. Look into the company you will be working for before accepting the job as i now strongly regret my decision especially since after actually staring the job i discovered my hourly rate was not actually what was advertised and was lower than the other offer in the end.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Managment, pay, staff turn over
Absolute joke of a company.
Security Office (Current Employee) –  Plymouth11 April 2019
First of all is the management, from the site manager and up. All of them have no clue on man management and are incompetent thugs.

Struggle to get leave and new uniform with no support from other members of staff. Of the 15 staff on my site only a few are capable of doing the job. This company will employ alcoholics, thugs and incompetent people just to get bums on seats. As this is a military contract it is an embarrassment with the standard of security officers employed.

Dont be fooled with its prestigious name. This is nothing more than a hire and fire, bottom of the barrel security company.

Minimum wage and no benefits what so ever.

Avoid if you take pride in yourself, if you are indeed an alcoholic, thug or incompetent then welcome.
Pros
Feeling good about yourself when you see the standard of staff employed.
Cons
Poor pay, leave hard to get, uniform, management, etc etc etc
Application support
Application Support (Former Employee) –  Farringdon, Greater London5 April 2019
I joined this company as an apprentice to learn about software development. I enjoyed my time at this company and learned a lot of new skills and I will take these skills with me throughout my whole life. But in the end they offered me a different role which I was not too interested in so i ended up declining them and leaving the company.
Shocking Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wales26 March 2019
Poor communication, conditions and management! People leaving left right and centre so that tells you a story in itself! They make out they are a premium security company when in fact they are one of the poorest.
Pros
A job!
Cons
long hours, poor training, sent anywhere anytime, poor wages
Please work anywhere else
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cardiff24 March 2019
This honestly has to be the worst company i've ever worked for.
Management will never look out for staff and they always make false promises that they do not keep. Duty managers discuss your personal business with other employees (there is not confidentiality).
Contract managers do not reply to emails, answer the phone or reply to texts.
No sufficient training is giving when being trained up on sites you are expected to learn them yourself. Site managers are never best pleased with guards not knowing what their doing.
Managers will prey on the vulnerable and threaten them with disciplinary's if the relief guards do not take shifts that they legally do not have to take.
Management promise you sites, hours and contracts that never seen to be delivered leaving you in financial trouble.
You will be promised positions of sites and they will be given to someone else even when it has been promised to yourself.
You will be rota'd in for shifts and then be pulled out last minute because they have to fill someone else's contract.

HOLIDAYS ALWAYS GET DECLINED:
They ask for 28 days notice with holidays and even when giving 3 months notice they decline them because "they have no staff to cover" yet they do not ask around.

This has happened to me plenty of times and other staff. other staff have come to me personally asking to to cover shifts when i haven't even been asked by management.

When relief guards are struggling for work and could do with the extra hours they will always ask someone else instead of considering you for no reason at all.

Management never
  more... defend your corner.

PAY IS ALWAYS WRONG!

You will never be able to not track your wages every month because it is always wrong and funnily enough your never over paid always under paid.
Pros
Mostly alone for all sites- not bothered
Cons
Bad management, Wrong pay, Long hours
Male oriented
Security Officer/CCTV Operator (Current Employee) –  Nottingham19 March 2019
Good to work for if you are male.
Females must be aware that shifts will automatly be taken at short notice if a fellow male guard wants extra shifts or a guard that’s been tupeed over needs the hours at the end of the month.
Uniform is poor ill fitting and goes out of shape even on a cool wash.
Rest days HAVE another phone because you’ll be bombarded with calls.
Overall if YOU are male prepared to work 24/7 this is a GREAT company to work for.
Pros
if You are MAKE 24/7 worker no home life great
Cons
Problems BRUSH and CARPET comes to mind
not a good company to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 March 2019
Do not work for this company. they are not a company that cares about their employees, they treat you like a number and there are no chances to progress.
its a job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  rushden , belkin13 February 2019
you can work hard or you can be worked hard the pay is fair and unfair the management have no idea how to be management and dont listen , the system is broken and it wont be fixed , better than some companies in some ways but worse in others poor over time rate and will be hounded to do overtime , do not respect holidays or time off like to disturb when on time off . you must do a years service before you can leave otherwise you will be deducted from your wages so do a course in may you have to stay until the following may or this cost becomes a deduction from your last pay if you leave before a year has past .
Pros
its a job
Cons
poor repitiive conditions
A typical day
Relief Guard (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 January 2019
A typical day a corps everybody is friendly and comunnicates very well with one another. and respectful and everybody does what has to be done e.g. patrols fire exit checks signing in/out.
Pros
short breaks
Bad company to work for
Officer (Former Employee) –  Westmidlands23 January 2019
Having worked for the company for a number of years i have to say that it has gone drastically down hill.

Shifts: you will get pass from piller to post, this is tipically of contract security. You cant even work with management to get regular shifts or s pattern.

Hours: plenty of work if you are willing to put the hours in after all your just a number remember. They will hound you for work and when you need time off they guilt trip you and pressure you. Typical low level managment technique.

Colleagues: some good people at sites: but also alot of grumpy people with bad attitudes, a few supervisors will power trips. Come on its not MI5 lol.

Managment: no very active in the way of support again this is typical of contract security. As long as your on thd site they are not bothered. Duty manager or mobike patrol are terrible and only come to spy on you there have been sone good obes in the past but they are few and far between. Managment will use all there will to pressure you in to shift or sites that you dont want. If they just with you then against you the sites you work at would be good to go to.

Money: sites vary you can get some good ones. Again if you are willing to put the hours in you get it back.

Dont work for this comapany at any level you will have a non exsistant life as a manager and the officers are treated bad.

If you have no life are single and desprate for money then use them as a last resort.

I remember when they fired a long serving employee close to retirement and then brought them back as the realised there big mistake and seen
  more... what an asset they were.... enough said people.  less
Pros
Get to go home ( eventually), get paid
Cons
Everything.
Suprised this company is still in existance
A low life officer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire19 January 2019
Tuped over to this company last year big bosses said no changes will be made, lo and behold 9 months later changes to our t&cs after consultations will be told if i dont acceptthe changes my contract will be terminated. Also they took £100 from our wages and will do so for the next 3 months this was done without consultation notification of any sort. Beware of this company they will walk all over you. If you have an alternative company who you can work for go work for they're never going to be as these. I've not given the contract a score as this would an insult to all the truly qualified contract managers who bust a gut for their officers
Pros
All gone now
Cons
Poorly qualified management
Caring management team,
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Bristol7 January 2019
Corps Security has always been behind
me all the way for 14 years They have never let me down and have always encouraged me through me through my career
They have given me advise of where to work and how to approach all work ethics
Pros
Empathy always
Bad company
Guard (Current Employee) –  South West23 December 2018
Chaos from management to the scheduling team,
Training requirements never met,
Bad management,full of excuses and lies,
Angry guards,
Trying to get your holiday and pay sorted out,
The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing my shift..
Pros
Cons
Annual leave, pay and lack of communication with management
I was not looked after when I fell ill
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MA21 November 2018
I have had issues with them which is not good for business, and I feel that they have let me down so the best thing to do is terminate my contract but they are not willing to do this
6 Hours Long Outdoor Patrol in rain, snow, ice
security officer (Former Employee) –  open university20 October 2018
very unusual inhumane demand of 6 long hours outdoor patrol per shift in rain,snow, ice as Open University Campus is vast.
two 3 hours Patrol per 12 hour Shift cause blister in feet, risk of slip trip in snow, no exception in rain.
Pros
Cons
Long Patrol and a lots of work cctv, queries from students, univ staffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corps Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7