Corps Security Employee Reviews

Overall a good Company to work for.
Relief Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham25 May 2018
Overall a good Company, site rates of Pay were very good. The staff on sites were friendly and worked well as a team. The Company has local Offices around the country with a Control Room in Glasgow, the Control Room staff were always helpful.
Pros
Good Rates of Pay.
Cons
Various sites to cover
job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire11 May 2018
i would work for this company again it was one of the best places i have worked i looked forward going to work the mangerment are great if they can help you they will keep it up
Productive and very good company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London17 April 2018
Greeting customers, visitors, contractors and other. Dealing with enquires and offering advice and information to visitors, contractors and clients. Taking messages and emailing. Writing up reports, dealing with the post, always polite and friendly when using telephone systems, signing guests in and out, patrolling building.
Very good company to work for. Ive learnt so many things on the job and have worked with so many staff and other and gotten to know different people that I worked with. It has been a thoroughly enjoyable part of the job, meeting new people, dealing with different situations when they arise and how to deal with those situations.
Pros
Good employee benefits included in the job
Cons
No Cons
Good team members but no management available
Post Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Churchill8 April 2018
I worked in the post room for Direct Line under Corps Security a typical day consisted of sorting out Direct Lines post and distributing it to the relevant departments. There was four staff employed by Corps Security and two Direct Line staff who all worked together. We only ever seen our area manager once per month, although I never has issues with wages other staff did on numerous occasions. The most enjoyable part was the staff I worked with, I was made redundant they gave me a good amount of notice. The company would run better if management were around more.
Pros
Good work collegues
Cons
Management no availble, Low wage
Management??
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire27 March 2018
I worked at the same location under two different companies. Corps management was made up from who ever had the company car at the time of the site visits. Very little contact, and poor continuity of problem addressing. Should,and could have been so much better.
Pros
Did little to change an effective work routine
Cons
Did little to improve officer's benefits
40 Commando
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset23 February 2018
I worked for Corps Secuirty last year for 8 months and I had to leave for many reasons. The basic hygiene of fully grown men was disgusting, finger nails spat under the desk where you had to sit with greasy hair stains. The manager was not exactly inspirational or approachable in anyway what so ever, and would lose his temper at the smallest of matters. The pay is minimum wage and there is no staff room or any place of comfort if you did get chance to have a break. The only positives about working at 40 commando for Corps was leaving.
Productive and a flexible place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire22 February 2018
In general Corps Security is a fun place to work, have lively members of staff who cares about their employers. They embrace the multicultural society living and treat everyone equally regardless the culture.
Scotland
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh7 February 2018
the worst company ever worked.. cant be trusted.. they do whatever they want even change your contract without any notice.. guys .. stay away from them
good company to work for.
Security (Current Employee) –  London27 January 2018
At corps you can have busy days, depend on site there is lots to learn management reasonable but very busy, is difficult to have a clear communication with managers but they will pay on time.
Pros
keep me busy
Cons
long shifts
Good Work/Life Balance
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire17 January 2018
I am currently working for Corps Security in Leeds on gatehouse, since I have started in November, I have enjoyed my time at work, the management and all supervisors are very helpful and answer any questions I have. The staff are excellent and polite and the manager is very helpful. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a good security company who is very organised and puts its employees first!
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Long Hours
The best in the world ONCE
Supervisor / Key Holder / Alarm Response (Former Employee) –  Newport17 December 2017
Years ago the company was based on a military design and it worked well.
Nowadays all concept of a military base has gone out (with most of the ex military staff) and a bunch of know nothing admin wallers have taken it over, they know nothing of security in real life or how to treat staff.
Gone to the dogs from a world leading company, be glad to get out, on my terms.
Pros
No lack of hours some weeks. Good management in some parts of the country.
Cons
No hours at all other weeks, management don't give care about you, in most areas of the country.
the management do not care
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London14 December 2017
the management do not care about the welfare of the staff, they are just focused on trying to keep the client happy. management are also hard to get hold of when needed.
management ?
Guard (Current Employee) –  Wales3 December 2017
Everything depends on the quality of the management. Short of staff, they promise they are interviewing no one ever starts.Never provide the cover guards they promise. Often left to do shift on your own. Don't expect your wages to be right. I don't think the managers have the training they need, they get thrown in the deep end and are over worked. As a guard it's like having all your energy and enthusiasm sucked out of you. But if you need a job there are always vacancies. In the end that's why we put up with it
Excellent support
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 December 2017
Been with Corps for over 18 months and have found them to be supportive and helpful. Lots of support from management and the site I work on is a big site with great teams and breaks.
Pros
Regular management visits
Over time
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 November 2017
Great place to work. Plenty of hours available. Colleagues are fantastic. Real feel for security work. Long hours if you are able to work them. Mainly Weekdays.
Pros
Cons
short notice rota changes
Worse security company ever
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central21 September 2017
What a poor company duty managers useless contract manager is a waste of space company portal waste of time and effort control room useless all in worse company I have ever worked for
Pros
Cons
Whole company
No motivation
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Clarkenwell london17 September 2017
Management is bad poor judgments on a security aspects.Corps remember if you look after you're staff they will look after you're business.Its so easy to get job with the company think why is that.I would definitely recommend to stay away.
Typical security Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Surrey13 September 2017
Dont expect progression it wont happen.Dont expect to be recognised or valued.No real image just a corporate image that does not exist.Pay always wrong.
Pros
Cons
Bad management.
Very poor management
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Midlands7 September 2017
Manager phoned to offer me work then I'm about to start work & I can't get hold of the managers for contact absolute jokers avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid
Cons
Useless
No problems with this company
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  North Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire3 September 2017
I have worked for Corps for about 5 months now, After looking at other reviews I can't believe this is the same company, I enjoy my job and have a great manager, all the other managers I have met have been ok so far, I would recommend this company to people I know, I just work at one place and not from site to site, the people I work with are all ok also, I have total job satisfaction here and am treated very well by the company, I hope to work for this company for a long time.
Pros
good wage, paid monthly, good manager, the area where I work is very good
Cons
12 hour shifts nights, I chose to work this so its good for me, 4 on 4 off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corps Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8