Cornwall Hospice Care Employee Reviews in St. Austell

Like being in Jail
Distribution Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Austell, Cornwall3 November 2017
I worked there for as a Distribution Assistant at Daniels Lane.
Little or no training was provided and it felt a very unsafe environment to work in i.e plenty of health and safety issues that are ignored e.g. trip hazards obstructions etc.
When i pointed this out i was told i would be seen as a trouble maker and to keep quiet.
The staff on in the warehouse were great and made it fun the management however treat the staff like dirt.
There is heavy lifting involved with this job and no manual handling training was given.
The management accuse the staff of misdemeanors and ready to pass the blame on to the staff without listening to an explanation.

It is run like a Prison

There is no forward planning and you are up against it most of the time.

I would think twice of working for another Charity again if this is the norm
Pros
Work mates are great
Cons
plenty
productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Austell26 June 2017
i was only their for a short time but i managed to get a good understanding of how the bank operates, this was for work experience with my school, but i can say that the staff are friendly, the atmosphere is great and i found the whole experience enjoyable.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
always busy
Great teams, great purpose,
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Austell, Cornwall29 April 2017
Great role with every day different, good way to add to your cv a good way to give back to an important charity.

Its a fun way to meet people and learn new skills
Vol stA - steve warehouse & vans 2016
Volunteer Warehouse Assitant (Former Employee) –  St. Austell30 March 2017
While the 6 mouths, i worked with the hospice I enjoyed, meeting the staff was great and seeing something new was good for me. I got to see lots of odd and interesting good/vintage junk while working and have fun at break time too, getting to talk to new staff and hear their jokes. Good work crew and like to keep them company when out on the roads. I like the fact I got the chance to see more on Cornwall and the hospices, learning new roads and technique from the van guys that work there.

the culture is not for me was don't know much about charity or run raise apart from helping out. Also, there was a leaking roof and one of the staff found some lava bugs in the warehouse!
Pros
Learn thing and add exp
Cons
16hours on carrer at end
enjoyable
Volunteer I (Former Employee) –  st austell11 February 2015
i loved working here just the the career i enjoiy
learnt how to take cash payments
help out anymembers of the public
comunicate with clients
make displays in the shop.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Austell, ENG18 February 2014
I think that Cornwall Hospice Care offer many job vacancies and they give a equal opportunity to every member of the applicants.
Working for the community whilst raising funds.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  St Austell17 September 2012
Working with a great group of mature people for the good of all,
preparing items of clothing for sale. This includes sorting, steaming, ticketing and labelling. Knowing that all staff are like minded (fundraising), the rapport creates a pleasant working environment.
Sometimes trying to convince members of the public what we are about can be difficult, the label charity shop is used a lot and not who we are.