Cordant Security Employee Reviews

Security With No Security
Relief Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross5 April 2018
I worked for Cordant for 2 years until recently. In that time I couldn't once honestly relax in a position I had. To start I interviewed for and was offered a full time position and then they handed me a relief guard zero hour contract on the training day (after I had travelled 50 miles and sat through 9 hours of training). When I questioned why I wasn't being given the contract I interviewed for, I got the "take it or leave it" bile thrown at me.

I was then told I was starting a week later but had to wait a month for a shift. Upon arriving at my first shift there was no other guard no management and no uniform for me. I was abandoned on a nightshift with no idea of company protocol, no training or company insignia. I then 2 weeks later had to turn down a single shift offer due to a hospital appointment and they so they put me in some sort of black book and didn't offer me any shifts for 2 months until I complained to the head office down south. I was then moved to one Tesco here in Perth where I was settled and then moved out after 4 months due to my dad, a cousin and a couple of friends working at the same place and the security manager believing I was a distraction to them. I was the fourth guard she had requested moved in 2 months and all for nonsense reasons.

I then got moved over the ensuing 14 months between another 3 Tesco where me and another 8 or 9 guards constantly had to move because the Tesco managers didn't like our manner, our methods, our complaints, our appearance, our motivations or a whole bunch of other traits.

The company and my or indeed our area
  more... manager (whichever of the 7 I had in the 2 years i worked for cordant, due to them quitting all the time) gave us no back up at all. They would bend over and say yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir for the store managers and just leave their guards in lumber rather than fight for our positions (our livelihoods).

They screw your uniforms up. It took 4 months just to get me a jacket and it didn't fit. The holidays are tough to secure.

Just don't work for this horrendous company.
Pros
It's easy to quit.
Cons
Everything.
security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  grimsby29 March 2018
Enjoyed working within store and interacting with the public, not enough contracted hours, Would have liked to have worked full time. Store was in busy area of town.
Bad news
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow27 March 2018
This company is bad from start to finish,I worked for them for six years and would be sent one place only for management to Send me another.job might say 40 hours or over but don't believe what the advert says.take my advice and don't touch this company with a bargepole
Pros
Cons
Bad company
RMB.were fantastic company,
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London26 March 2018
They were the first security company I ever worked for the put me through my security training helped me get my license
And my conflict management course,
They also treated you with respect if you needed anything they would help you out
RMB were a careing company
They went into liquidation that meant I had to leave the company.
I had great respect for them.
Pros
Achievements
Cons
No cons
Poor as anything rude staff for control
Mobile Security Officer (Current Employee) –  East Midlands13 March 2018
Poor all around poor man magerment poor sites and conditions .change shifts without notice and tell you next day change hours that you where told that you can do .most site have a poor attuide and poor mangers and shift manger .worst company don’t work for them only one thing good is not working for them .supisvors are bad and want who they like and own group of people in a circle on sites if you don’t fit well don’t try go somewhere else and waste of time noting get done don’t ask about mantrity leave you won’t get it as management are bad control and hr are bad shocking .
Pros
Noting
Cons
Worst by far to work for
Only if you have nothing else
Security Officer - United Kingdom (Former Employee) –  Merseyside8 March 2018
No support given to you but when they need you they suddenly become available. Management incredibly rude. Hang up the phone when they don’t get their own way. Expect you to work your shift then call you up an hour before end of shift saying take another shift, and if you turn down a second shift that your not contracted to they have a fit and tell you to look for another job or take your hours away from you. Pay is constant but not enough for what you do. Only if it’s a last resort.. desperate times literally but I wouldn’t..oh and holidays don’t think about them, they get cancelled just before you take them even though you booked them months back
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Rude staff, low wage
Not enough regular shifts
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow5 March 2018
When I started it seemed that the shifts were readily available. This soon dried up after a week or two and there seemed to be no effort made by the team to find me regular shifts. This job is not suitable for anyone who has a family to support and bills to pay as the income poor and you can go weeks without having a shift.
It good
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 February 2018
Retail Security Officer
As me been a retail security officer my main job is to keep a watchful eye on stock, staff and the customers…particularly customers that have a talent for nicking stuff. I am always on my feet a lot in this job, so I had to put on some comfortable shoes.
Acting like a human CCTV camera, my primary role is preventing any theft or damage from taking place from within the store, but you may also be expected to help customers just like a sales assistant.
Pros
Cons
8 hours a day
Worst company to work for
Security Officer and data entry (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 February 2018
They promise you guarantee hours but the hours you actually get are a joke. You have to travel more than 50 miles instead of 20 miles radius that you are supposed to be covering, you don't get paid for the travel costs and your managers couldn't care less. You are supposed to be available 24/7. even after finishing your 12 hour shift you get calls from control that they need someone in 4 hours. If you don't do it, it gets recorded in to your company's profile and than you are not offered any jobs for a while.

Worst company I ever worked for avoid at all costs
Pros
Cons
lack of hours, not getiing paid for your travel expenses
poor working conditions,no job security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Worcester21 February 2018
Never get hold of management or comms, only time you here from them is when they need you. working for months doing 12 hours shifts without power/heating/shelter/toilets or even any running water and at the same time told we are not to leave site.

Want to know more about Cordant Security?

Ask a question
good company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge16 February 2018
Company is well run and professional supervisor and managment work well with the staff and will help with any issues and support the work life is well maintained against social life
Security
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Willenhall, West Midlands14 February 2018
What's not to like about Security. Everyday is different. Working with all different people.
Whilst doing my role I have learned many things from people Management to interview techniques, overt and covert operations.
Hardest part is switching off at the end of the day.
Pros
Working together in a team
Cons
Hours
It was Okay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sheffield9 February 2018
Cordon Security is not a very organised company. your line managers is not interested in helping their employees. When employee is ill and wants to go home because he or she cannot work. Cordont will charge them fine because they are ill.
Very positive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire9 February 2018
Very friendly environment to work, very supportive and well organised management. Cordant management is flexible and ready to support and meet when is possible employees needs. Very good communication between workers and management. Benefits of 28 days payed holiday.
Pros
28 days payed holiday
Just don't do it!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, Suffolk26 January 2018
Not worth the hassle. Working at the newmarket site, high pay but you have to sacrifice everything for it. management are useless and put more effort into abusing staff than into the work.
Is Not a company i would advise anyone to work for.
Pros
Cons
long hours, management, work attitude
repetitive, unmotivated
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire24 January 2018
terrible company to work for , all officers are zero hour. you never have any interaction from your manager. you are left by yourself. if you contact your manager nothing gets dealt with accordingly .
Cons
bad shifts. no leadership.
Another Security Agency....
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fife22 January 2018
Took over another agency at Tesco. But, ultimately, communications with client management wasn't much different than before...
Telecommunication staff were good, but appeared to be more and more stretched.
Pros
Good Telephone staff.
Cons
Telephone Communication was stretched.
Its been a pleasure working for cordant.but feel its time to move on to different challenges,
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 January 2018
Feel its time to move to different challenges, and to help where ever i work a safer place to be .alternative security work is on my agenda in the hope i can move away from retail
Pros
Cons
Hours were suitable
Best Company to work with.
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corby13 January 2018
Nothing More or less always Job there for you.
Security supervisor at corby site good area Manager and good control team .
good culture at work ,manage are always there to help .
give you chance to excel within the company.
Secuirty Cordant
Relief Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 January 2018
dealing with the CCTV at the back of the store to catch thief's

customer service skills required

enjoy with the customers entering the shop floor

getting to work on time
Pros
wefweg
Cons
wewegw

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cordant Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6