Cordant Security Employee Reviews

control room security
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire18 July 2018
treat you like garbage. never pick up call. reduce your hours without telling employee no notice. add extra shift without knowing employee. worst company to work so annoying
Pros
Cons
loads
Lovely to work for
SIA Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Scotland16 July 2018
I had a very nice time being employed by Cordant Security. I was surrounded by an amazing management team who were perfect. I have no complaints and would be happy to work again with this company,
Pros
great team
Cons
nothing
Not a good company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Essex15 July 2018
Cordant security not a good company to work for poor management on sites and some of control room staff are very rude poor pay not a good work life @@
Pros
Cons
some very long working hours
Thay tell u wage. Are up in bristol
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 July 2018
Thay tell u that u wages going up but don't tell u when and u can never get hold off u manager if will to do 6 day a week u get told u can't get it but thay keep tell u that soart staff
Pros
Cons
I do 40h
One of the worst security companies out there
Corporate Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow9 July 2018
This bunch of muppets will turn a blind eye to bullying (guards, supervisors, managers and clients), guards sexually harassing staff (one guard actually followed a female member of staff in to the toilet and kept his job), guards verbally abusing supervisors etc. but refuse to complete a survey and they remove you from site instantly and refuse to offer you any work.... then sack you for being AWOL
Productive and enjoyable
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham9 July 2018
In all i enjoy my short run with cordant Area manager was good only had to call him if i need help. talking to customers and working closely with police were enjoyable.Each day brought something new Cordant was my first time in Security i learned how to operate CCTV and learned what to look out for. hardest part of my job was dealing with the shoplifters in general.
Pros
Easy to get overtime if needed
Cons
Shifts didnt consider Family
Good guards
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oldham21 June 2018
Not a good company to work for
Say there concerned about your health then on a disciplinary for having time of sick they don't care about there staff
Pros
Cons
Slave divers
not the best
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Preston12 June 2018
pay was not the best and the shifts you get given was stupid always wanted you to work 14 hour shift even seven days a week with cant be done not on minimum wage
Cons
long hours and under paid and to stressfull
fun place to work
Security officer/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire2 June 2018
I enjoyed most of my days working for Cordant company. most of the days were calm and realistic. The colleagues i worked for so helpful and always willing to work hard enthusiastically.
Poor communication
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  East Riding of Yorkshire29 May 2018
Company appears proffessional but you will be disappointed. Area manager was supportive, however head office and control have a get bums on seat mentality and have no idea of what work life balance is get shifty when you refuse an additional shift.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication
Good working place
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London26 May 2018
A typical day at work can vary each day as i take each day a s anew day to learn.

I learned from customers frustration or anger as some time short of staff.

Work place my dedication is to look after the staff and customers for their well being and safety.

Sometimes it can be hard doing the job as we have minimal space and the shop can be crowded as you have to manouver around,

The most part which is enjoyable about the job i do in security is i get to meet all sort of people from different walks of life.
Pros
Discount Card
Cons
Weekends off are on weekdays
ok
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ellesmere Port25 May 2018
ok company to work for providing security at a retail establishment, doing patrols, monitoring CCTV, being a visual deterrent for people that think they can come into the store and steal things.
Pros
discounts
Cons
long hours and working 6 days a week even though supposed to only be 5 days
No career appraisal
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  West Midlands23 May 2018
Working for them for years yet i am just a number in their roll call system. This company doesn't care about their employees no matter how hard working you are. if you want to progress in your life AVOID.
Pros
Pays on time
Cons
Too many to write down.
Horrid
Tesco Security (Former Employee) –  Pontefract, West Yorkshire23 May 2018
Avoid this company at all costs. Control have an attitude problem. Management couldn't run a bath let alone a company. HR are inept and you get treated like dirt by the people you work with. Overall bad. Stay clear of them, cowboys through and through.
Pros
You can quit any time you want with no notice.
Cons
Everything else.
Freedom of choice and work pattern
Cordant retail security (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 May 2018
The work is their. All be it mum wage..apart from that you can work and earn as much as you like..don't like the venue? They will swap that for you..don't like earlys? Then work the lates..they are and have always been ok with me..
Pros
Flexable work choice
Cons
Rate of pay
shocking company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow,3 May 2018
i workrd for this company 7 years and to be fair the first 5 or 6 years were fine. then it was called advance but when then changed to cordant it went downhill rapidly. the manager i got was totally inept and out of his depth clueless and surrounded himself with his favourite guards and gave them the msjority of hours available. you get left with one shift a week sometimes 2 if your lucky. you get rung up just a hour before a shift starts asking you to do it or sent miles away to do a shift with no travel costs. when you try to contact your msnager he is never available as he ignors your texts or calls. you will find the managers bend over backwards for the client ie tesco and agree with them and never support you.
if you do go work for them you hsve been warned so on your own head but my advice is to stay away from them as they will hang you out to dry
Pros
wages on time
Cons
poor management and not enough hours to kive on
Current employee....avoid at all costs
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Northampton29 April 2018
Just dont work for these idiots.contol so arrogant its beyond belief.i tuped over to this rubbish from previous rubbish.wont be long before they lose this contract. They rip you off for fuel.send guards with no experience what so ever. So believe me, do not work for this utter amatuer company.
Cons
Friendly onsite staff. Area manager hard to get hold of.
Site Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bolton25 April 2018
I would arrive on site to start work at 16:00, with no knowledge of what had been going on in the store before i started. The managers and the staff of the store were always friendly and helpful. Whenever I needed my area manager he would never answer his phone or return any calls or texts. Definitely wouldn't work for this company again.
Pros
Cons
Unsociable hours
Security With No Security
Relief Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross5 April 2018
I worked for Cordant for 2 years until recently. In that time I couldn't once honestly relax in a position I had. To start I interviewed for and was offered a full time position and then they handed me a relief guard zero hour contract on the training day (after I had travelled 50 miles and sat through 9 hours of training). When I questioned why I wasn't being given the contract I interviewed for, I got the "take it or leave it" bile thrown at me.

I was then told I was starting a week later but had to wait a month for a shift. Upon arriving at my first shift there was no other guard no management and no uniform for me. I was abandoned on a nightshift with no idea of company protocol, no training or company insignia. I then 2 weeks later had to turn down a single shift offer due to a hospital appointment and they so they put me in some sort of black book and didn't offer me any shifts for 2 months until I complained to the head office down south. I was then moved to one Tesco here in Perth where I was settled and then moved out after 4 months due to my dad, a cousin and a couple of friends working at the same place and the security manager believing I was a distraction to them. I was the fourth guard she had requested moved in 2 months and all for nonsense reasons.

I then got moved over the ensuing 14 months between another 3 Tesco where me and another 8 or 9 guards constantly had to move because the Tesco managers didn't like our manner, our methods, our complaints, our appearance, our motivations or a whole bunch of other traits.

The company and my or indeed our area
  more... manager (whichever of the 7 I had in the 2 years i worked for cordant, due to them quitting all the time) gave us no back up at all. They would bend over and say yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir for the store managers and just leave their guards in lumber rather than fight for our positions (our livelihoods).

They screw your uniforms up. It took 4 months just to get me a jacket and it didn't fit. The holidays are tough to secure.

Just don't work for this horrendous company.
Pros
It's easy to quit.
Cons
Everything.
security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  grimsby29 March 2018
Enjoyed working within store and interacting with the public, not enough contracted hours, Would have liked to have worked full time. Store was in busy area of town.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cordant Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5