Cordant Security Employee Reviews

n/a
Door Supervisor/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire23 January 2019
I believe in the company is most renowned organisation among security industry. I would like to join this firm due to its reputation in the UK. also i believe this organisation wherein i can get a good experience for my future
Cordant Security
Security Officer & Logistics Operator (Former Employee) –  Denham, Buckinghamshire10 January 2019
I would say they are good company to work, never had a problem, could have been a lucky one. probably because I got a good site to work on. Very hard to progress in the company though.
Pros
Worked with good people
Cons
over workedfor pay rate
complete disgrace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon4 January 2019
complete disgrace avoid at all costs as you will get treated like a piece of spare meat on a plate both head office controllers and schedulers and operation's managers are a joke takes managers weeks to return calls or texts and controllers and schedulers and operation's managers will screw you over your holidays and you will lose holiday pay pointless contacting hr department about anything as they don't care most off the head office staff speak poor or broken English so takes for ever to try get hold of anyone and company and managers will never tell you that you are on a zero hour contract as they don't call it that to them it is a none guaranteed hours or shifts contract
Pros
Cons
everything
Horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross26 December 2018
Terrible treatment contract terminated Christmas Eve
Manager didn't answer his phone for advice only 2 decent colleagues one was a horrible little character who back stabs basically a brown nose to management.
Pros
Microwave heating kettle fridge
Cons
Don't always pay correctly
Absolutely poor company
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester11 December 2018
Worked for Cordant wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone no communication with ur line manager poor all round. And the wage is poor and the stuff u gotta do stay away from the company!!
Not good enough
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Leicester5 December 2018
Last minute call to cover shifts. No family life. Rota change any time without notice. Specialy retail manager are useless. Never picup ur call when you need.
Pros
Wage on time. Free uniform. Paid holidays
Cons
Bad management. Last minute calls
Waste of time
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear5 December 2018
Dont bother applying for this company avoid at all costs they get you to sign up then never contact you again bunch off clowns who have no idea how to run a company
Cons
Lying, timewasters, do not trust,
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 November 2018
One of the staff members gave my position to someone else, making out the job was no longer available, by saying the manager remove the position all of a sudden, i had first offer for the job was showing me on the PC the roles available, and behind my back, gave it to someone else. A position does not just become unavailable overnight, after recently recruiting. i repeat this do not trust these time wasting liar's. who feel its alright to treat people like this and lie, if i can these no stars i would.
Pros
Cons
Everything within the company.
Not a good company to work with.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Middlesex13 November 2018
I was the subject of bullying and harassessment from site manager reported it a number of times.
Ops manager attended site and just smiled said he would get me another site had enough and left the site before I killed myself and have not had any work for 2 weeks now phone text emails to management go unanswered.
No Hope
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 November 2018
There is no hope of you end being employed by them, if you are looking to be treated like a third rate citizen and disgraced on a daily basis then by all means apply. You are not even a number, you are the object of contempt, soon this company will change its name just so it can reinvent itself well CORDANT you are a household name but so is garbage and it stinks when it gets old.
No support
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dorset6 November 2018
After working here for a few months I realised this company has no interest in its employees. I should have guessed this on the first day when no one was there to train me. Call centre is near impossible to get through to unless they want you they will repeatedly ring. Not much interaction with management normally ignor calls and messages. No on going training. And the 28 days holiday you get really should be more according to the contract that state you are entitled to 5.6 time your average working week on a pro rata basis. You will also be told you are contracted to 40 hrs per week which you will probably get but your actual contract hours will be 6.5.. As other reviews have already stated, you are just a roll call number to the.
Pros
Regular work
Cons
Contract not lived up to
Joke
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh19 October 2018
Control and managers never communicate and it's us who pays the price for this. Getting a holiday was a joke aswell as they always said they had no cover also the pay is not worth the job the wage is not worth the rubbish u deal with.
Pros
Cons
Company is a joke
Excellent work place but low pay rate
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Morrisons Shop, Crawley,16 October 2018
Generall, a nice working place except the pay. Here in Cordant you work on your own initiative with occasional visit of the line manager.
I remember I stopped a group of shoplifters who nearly made away with expensive spirits worth £940:00 all by myself. Sometimes it is risky doing that alone but in Cordant you work alone.
Pros
working alone gives you a lot of technical knowhow
Cons
Few hours and low hourly rate.
Another cowboy company!
Covering security officer (Current Employee) –  All over Midlands16 October 2018
Very bad cowboy company yet again!
Managers talk to you like you are a piece of rubbish and a slave. Managers expect a first class service for economy class pay. You get promised certain shifts and given the opposite. Such a shame how the security industry is on a downhill spiral because of certain so called managers and there favourite side kicks with a title trying to show authority when they have no character or substance. Dont do it!
Pros
Taking a day off without informing managers.
Cons
Being a slave.
Ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester11 October 2018
I Worked with them for ten years, they are good for paying though is minimum wage there are plenty of hours, the worst part is the new management team who seem to have been brought in to get rid of any long serving staff members.
Pros
Always hours available
Cons
Bad managment team
Shocking
Guard (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 September 2018
They do not care at all about you as a member of staff or person. Treat you like a slave and pay the minimum possible while aiming to drain the maximum out of you. Never seen a company as bad in my entire life. Your treated by the client your based at as a worthless dogsbody and all rubbish runs downhill to you and you receive zero backing from your employer as they just aim to keep the client happy and treat you like less than nothing. If you dont like it leave, is what you get. Then your expected to bend over backwards at the drop of an hat. Avoid at all costs if you have an option to do so.
A professional company
security gaurd (Current Employee) –  Manchester18 September 2018
i am happy to work for Cordant security as it is very good company. i have developed my skills and learned a lot through my experience of working as a security guard.
security supervisor
Retail Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London18 September 2018
Delivery Driver: Iceland - London
May 2016 to Present
Delivering shopping to customers who shop in store an do on line shopping at Iceland Load the van where required, and check van for roadworthiness
Understand the schedule and route that has been calculated
Look the part in uniform, ready to help our customers, Drive safely, responsibly and within the law
Be courteous to all road users Serve customer with a smile and greet them by name
Take care of customer’s deliveries as if they were my own
Bad place to work
Security relief Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 September 2018
When i applied for this role they told me it was 40hours a week minimum little did I know not once did they give me 40 in a week not organized at all they can call u 20 mins before a shift and say can u come and get angry when u can’t make it because you’re out lack of communication with managers my manager didn’t reply to me until there was an incident that happened also they don’t stick up for there security guards if any tesco staff member says anything about you you will be automatically banned without a fair investigation.the only reason I gave one star rating is that u couldn’t give 0
Workplace ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire8 September 2018
Not a good company to work for bad pay bad management never get hold of area manger or comms by phone text or email even when ill did not care staff never on time
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
Bad management rate of pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cordant Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5