Cordant People Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Temp Contract (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire13 August 2019
Loads of flexible work available. Staff in the office are happy to help with everything. Seriously recommend couldn’t of asked for anything better :) x
Great Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire13 August 2019
Rewarding place to work, great team spirit, a social enterprise that cares about the communities it works within.

Great location in the middle of the town so easy for candidates to get too.
Pros
Caring
Terrible staff in Welwyn Garden City
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire2 August 2019
Phones my next of kind on several occasions when I was off sick. When I called to complain they were rude and fired me on the spot. I never received the holiday pay owed to me and never sent me the complaints procedure I asked for either. Terrible agency with poor management.
Rubbish
Shunter (Current Employee) –  London2 August 2019
Cordant a very bad company to work for they do not supply you with equipment to do work safely .and have members of staff driving without licences .also when you speak to site manager they dont understand you.also they do not pay properly for holiday
Candidate Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 August 2019
A challenging role but a great atmosphere with fab colleagues and staff.
Always rewarding and worth the hard work.
Fantastic culture and management within the business
great place to work
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester2 August 2019
I have a nice work balance with a very good manager. I find recruitment overall very rewarding, the job satisfaction is great with a great commission structure.
Fun and hardworking team
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 August 2019
Fantastic team environment, everyone is really friendly and it feels great to be part of a successful team.
Great city centre location, modern office and lively, vibrant office.
Very busy team and lots of opportunity to progress.
Unprofessional agency
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea8 July 2019
This company is a joke, the Swansea branch is run by a bunch of incompetent office staff. They advertise a job, you apply online and if your suitable you'll progress further. That is not the case with this agency. You apply and hear nothing, you phone the company up and the person handling the job posting is never in. You phone again and the person is still not in the office the next day, you then leave a message asking for a call back that never happens. Then you visit the agency in person too register and are greeted by staff who look at you in disguise for just coming in to ask about a job. Unprofessional, arrogant and dam right rud staff. I'm surprised this company is allowed to represents businesses for work.

Best recommendation is to avoid any business them. There staff and businesses culture is terrible at best.
Pros
Leaving the agency door
Cons
Unprofessional business practices
Work you like a dog
Shutter/cleaner (Former Employee) –  York8 July 2019
Area manager has bad attitude
Never any praise for hard graft
Your just a number!!!
Pros
Good work colleagues
Cons
Just a number????
Candidate Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 June 2019
I'm only in my first month with Cordant, however so far I have loved every minute of it. The management are very supportive and want to see you do well, from day 1 they give you all the tools you need to do well within your role and tell you exactly what you need to do to be able to progress within the business.
I think it speaks volumes what it is like to work at Cordant that most of the people in the Manchester office have been here for at least 2 years.
Pros
Good culture, great management, good career progression
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
Social Enterprise. Passionate and proactive.
Divisional Director (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 June 2019
Ambitious and forward looking company with engaged staff and SMT. Passionate and proactive company that cares and is a key part of the Cordant Group which is the largest Social Enterprise in the UK.
Pros
Social Enterprise. Flexible Working. Excellent bonuses & incentives. Passionate people.
Good agency to work for
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Grimethorpe20 June 2019
I worked in a factory assembling kitchen units. Started at 8.00 , finished at 4.30.
We worked on individual work stations , using air tools. We went to the supervisor for a production ticket and then we went to look for trolley with all the parts we were to assemble the kitchen units . We took them back to our work unit and started to assemble them. The management was pressurising us to work faster and do more work . I found this hard as I was only a new starter.
also some of the parts were missing or broken and you had to go and see the supervisor to order them again which slowed us down.
I enjoyed doing the work , but found it too fast a pace.
Pros
Good canteen
Cons
Too fast paced and demanding
Terrible
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside18 June 2019
Terrible company to work with don't try to find you work after one job, sent to an even worse company to work for where management don't know there jobs or how to fur-fill there roles
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Not enough break time
Terrible
Picker (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester24 May 2019
Worked in a dump! Got sent home after half an hour because they didn't need me, spent 2 hours doing pointless paperwork and didn't get paid for that! Avoid at all costs!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor wages
Good experience
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear18 May 2019
I have worked for cordant security for a few months in retail and I have all the hours I need and my manager is good. The staff at Tesco are great. I would recommend applying for a job with cordant.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Dont waste your time
FLT Driver/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire2 May 2019
I registered with them got sent to a place i was disgusted there was no sign of health and safety i saw 4 accidents in 5 days i said to cordant i wasnt willing to risk my life for £8.91 an hour well they spat there dummy out and ive not heard anything since cant see payslips dont know if they pay you absolute joke they need to realise without people like me working for them they dont get paid either
Pros
Not working for them again
Cons
Doing any work for them
Cordant care about its employees
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester29 April 2019
Having recently joined Cordant People, I've already found the company to be incredibly caring, flexible and dedicated to it's staff. The management team are knowledgeable and committed to driving the business forward and are open to ideas and innovations at all levels to get us where we want to be. The culture is very much about the people and creating a welcoming environment, which makes the days really enjoyable and Cordant a great place to work.
Pros
Opportunity for development
Great Culture
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom26 April 2019
A real social business which is embedded in the company culture.

Improving the quality of the communities Cordant operate in, as well as the lives of their candidates, clients and colleagues, is at the forefront of Cordants aims - which is refreshing to see from such a large company.
Good work place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City25 April 2019
When i first started at Cordant, company was good and i enjoyed my job. Unfortunately some of their staff don't know how to treat others and there isn't quit enough discipline for this being done. Had me doing others jobs on top of mine which threw me off guard and made me lost track which resulted in me being unable to do my job properly.
Pros
Good flexibility & treats
Cons
Staff are not treated fairly
You never have to work a day in life if you enjoy what you do.
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire23 April 2019
After working in the recruitment industry for some time now, I've never worked for a company that cares this much about their candidates, clients and their own staff as much as Cordant People does.

I would talk about a typical working day here, but there isn't one. Every day working here is different which keeps the job all the more interesting.

The culture here is so friendly and helpful, there will always be someone to go to for guidence, advice or just a friendly chat.

The hardest part of the job is switching off. As you're so committed to what you do, you can't help but live and breath it. There's very little negatives about working here; I have only realised this after working for for companies prior to this one.

The most enjoyable part of working here is when you find someone their dream job and see how happy they are.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cordant People. Our community is ready to answer.