Cordant Cleaning Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs
Cleaner caretaker (Former Employee) –  Bespak16 September 2019
When the company tupied over to corda t they promised everything would stay the same then all sudden thi gs went from bad to complete utter worse promises not kept not paid properly and didn't keep to the contract that the other company put in place avoid at all cost
dont do it
Cleaner full time (Former Employee) –  bespak21 August 2019
i went for a job with cordant cleaning, after the interview i was told i had the job it was 39 contracted hours per week with 16 over sat and sunday
and the other 24 to be worked during the week.
they told me to hand in my notice at my other job then start with them.
luckily im not stupid so waited till i had the contract signed, when i turned up to sign the contract it had turned from a 39 hour week to a 16 hour contract with the other 24 hours to be classed as over time, which meant if i had a holiday i would have only gotten paid for 16 hours.
what they nor i knew at the time, is that if a company offers you a job even by verbal agreement or written they have to honour it by law.
if they dont honour it you can take them to court.
and thats on the direct gov web site.
either way the management cant be trusted
No trust and awful management
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 July 2019
Cordant got the contract to clean the Metrolink network in Manchester early in 2019.From pretty much day one they have failed to support cleaners on day and nights.Cleaning products and equipment takes far to long to arrive when we ask for it yet that want the job done to a higher standard.......with what !!! Basic PPE is near impossible to get off them when you need it but you can't do your job without it.As for tools,equipment,well they poor quality items that are just not up tp the job.When they break they promise to get them fixed but they don't.Yet again they expect you to do your job with broken equipment.

There is an atmosphere about the whole place where the great lads in the cleaning teams are getting fed up at being treated badly.We all want to do our job as well as we possibly can and take a pride in what we do.But very poor support frustrates us.We often work trough our breaks or do extra tasks because we like to go home happy after a good days work.

The management are probably one of the worst I've ever had the misfortune to work for.Arrogant,uncaring and completely unwilling to put trust in you.You rarely see them unless they want to give you more paperwork to sign or to complain to you.If you do want to work for these muppets then I'd advise you to join a union otherwise they'll walk all over you.Good managers (and supervisors) will get the best from a good workforce.....bad managers (and supervisors) will slowly destroy a workforce.I'm afraid that this lot will fall into the latter category sooner rather than later.

Seriously,if you want a cleaning
  more... job,go mop the floors at McDonalds.  less
Pros
Leaving at the end of the shift
Cons
Arriving at the beginning of the shift
Rubbish
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Essex20 June 2019
When you attend for an interview they want to know the in's & out's of you know what. The amount of forms to complete is rediculous, it's a cleaning job for God's sake.
Liverpool
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Bootle, Merseyside26 April 2019
Do not work for them they don't care about u at all. They just care about money they don't care about staff at all!!!!!
They don't give u oll time hrs they laing to u about work
U don't get messages or phone calls that's mean u don't work next day. They just care about there self. Rubbish company if u need somthing from them u be lucky if u get from them help when u usk. Communication its so rubbish from them
Bud if they usk u help and I say I can't they will panish u with no work next time.
Do not work for them at all u be stupid to work for them.
Every day u have to wait for messages or phone calls if u work next day u have no garanty to work next day even if u work so hard. Do not work for them they laing to your face or on the phone
work place
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Shoeburyness25 April 2019
Do 8 hours a day,
We work as a team.
I get on with everyone there, i do Monday to Friday
with Bank holidays.
We have new management, we work very well as a team
We clean about 6 to 7 unit a day that,s that's about 24 carriages a day then i go to the station to clean the platform's and ticket office and the customer toilets and ticket hall. and sometimes i bulk the trains that's picking up all rubbish on trains.
It very physical work.
Most enjoyable part of my job is every one i work with.
Pros
working a part of a team
Cons
It's getting very hard now with the cleaning
Productive but with faults
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds11 April 2019
A typical day would consist of clocking in and preparing my stuff . I learned to be fast and how to work in sometimes extreme weather conditions. Management was poor and misguided. Constantly alternating between ideas and never committing to anything. The culture and work ethic was relatively poor, with some having to carry others. The hardest aspect is a weird complaint, but it would have to be the dead hours in between with very little to keep you engaged. The most enjoyable part would be the last couple of hours until shift end. The time would just fly!
Pros
Decent wage, contract work, long hours
Cons
Shift hours would make daily life balance a mess
Good job poor management
Genral Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castle Donington, Leicestershire10 April 2019
Empolyled as a cleaner.
DHL East Midlands.
Good job and easygoing.
Problem is management all family and have there favourites,genrally backstab you.
Pros
Good job good company dhl
Cons
Management, false accusations
Poor no team work poor management
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Dudley8 March 2019
This is the worst company by far supervisor is a joke management do no management just blame others and poor team work as people are treated so bad low self astem due to the hard workers treated bad but the ones that do nothing get away with everything and get nothing said if your face fits and who you know in the company sways things for certain people terrible wages not paid right and try get away with it not to pay you
Pros
None terrible company
Bad / Depressing atmosphere
Cleaner - Duties (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 March 2019
Cordant took over the cleaning contract for Metrolink in Manchester in January 2019. They took the contract over from ISS, who some people said was rubbish, well at the moment Cordant are worse. There is little if no contact between staff and management(and we don't know who are the management, as there appears to be quite a lot of chiefs). Now to be fair it is early days and teething problems are too be expected but Cordant have loads of contracts so why cant they hit the ground running. Still waiting on the arrival of uniforms, I.D. Cards etc. Now cleaning stock that is a joke, they have gone for the cheap option thinking that will save money(well it doesn't when you have to use double the amount than the more expensive option(a prime example the rubbish bags are so thin they split so you have to use a 2nd or 3rd)). The rumours are starting about Cordant cutting staff to save money or cutting our overtime down(which I suppose is their choice to do so). Some staff are getting treated better than others because their face fits and they have longer tongues which can fit nicely up the managements backside. I come here to work and earn a wage, but I also believe you should enjoy what you do. I only know of one person on this contract who is happy and he just goes with the flow, maybe he is on something or just mad. Hopefully things will change for the better, but at the moment I doubt it, and the one person who is so happy I am not having a dig at you but I just don't get it.... why
Pros
I have a job
Cons
Bad atmosphere
First Bus Doncaster Depot - Bus Cleaner
Bus Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Doncaster Depot4 February 2019
All the time in the world to carry out job.
Female supervisor is a joke, no authority and lazy beyond belief, lies about everything, male supervisor inept at his job.
Play on my mobile most of shift, no one to check really if i am doing my job.
Come and work here its like a holiday camp.
Love it.
Pros
Place is a joke.
Productive and fun
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  London22 January 2019
Good work place everyone is friendly, its a good paying job and the employees are always polite and helpful. I would say to anyone that they are a very good company
Avoid!!
Mobile (Former Employee) –  Nationwide15 January 2019
Been in the cleaning industry many years and this by far was the worst cleaning company I have ever worked for. Management don't care about there clients or there staff. I was up and down the country for cordent so visited a lot of sites. Every site I would go to the client would be unhappy the staff were unhappy. I tried to to relate back to management what I was herring and seeing but it just feel on death ears. They treat me quite bad to. No days off some days would be working 15-16hrs a day. Think they are bigger in security and cleaning seems to be there bit on the side.
Very clicky culture. No communication
Multi Tasker (Former Employee) –  Folkestone , deal , dover5 November 2018
Manager doesn't know what's happening from date today. She's always in total denial. Staff are ok but very clicky . Constant bad feeling between nights and days . Would never work for this company again even if my life depended on it
Pros
Cons
Long shifts . You we be called a lier by manager
Awesome place to work
Shunter ,bus worker (Current Employee) –  Glasgow8 October 2018
it is fun working with cordant cleaning company.i work there for 8 hour shift with half an hour break time. colleges are all good its good team work. i get a lot knowledge about buses.
Pros
free uniform
Cordant lost the contract on all big name stores
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 September 2018
I worked in a store for Cordant and helped cover in other places for well over a year.
When ever I took holiday, I would come back to store managers complaining 'no bins were done, the stores dirty, no cleaning has been done, just minimal sweeping and gone out the door.'

Some times my holiday cover didn't turn up at all! Why doesn't Cordant monitor these things? I booked a holiday fair and square, so what's going on with Cordant management?

Even after making a manager aware of these problems occurring when I go on holiday, the next holiday I book and take, it all starts again!
Cordant does not think about what happens to you 'when they mess up Lose a contract!' Your job is gone, it's as simple as that!

I did a lot of deep cleaning for the client, was flexible for the client and I am very experienced, if I spot something needs doing I do it, It's a shame management who neglect contracts do not lose their job, well, maybe soon they will feel 'Karma!' knock! Knocking at their door!
Pros
Pays living wage standards
Cons
Management ignorance and arrogance
Hard workplace
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  London14 September 2018
Very hard workplace,low payment, but the team is very good and helpful.I was in cleaning team, working in a depo,long shifts and especially at Friday an Saturday.
The work place very neat
Shunter (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 May 2018
i am working with Cordant Cleaning as Shunter up to date the management is very good and the workers are very friendly we fill the buses check oil and wash them and park..
Pros
I take break once in my 8 hours shift
Cons
i work over time some times
Awful
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lancing, West Sussex3 April 2018
I have never been so poorly treated and missed informed in my life. they dont know how to keep they staff, they are so fuzzy as anything. they treat you like rubbish , even when u done a good job. If you were to apply DONT!!!!! you wont last long
Pros
pay, 2 supervisors
Cons
everything else
good company but lost contract
office cleaner operative (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex19 March 2018
I would arrive at work ,sign in ,get my cleaning trolley loaded,and get straight to work doing cleaning and Hoovering,dusting the offices including furniture,vending machine,picture frames,door frames.And then clean the toilet,change toilet rolls and hand gels.

I would also clean the stairs by hovering,dusting and remove cobwebs etc
Pros
Working with others
Cons
the fact that the manager lost the contract, and I lost my job because of this