Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

Absolutely shocking place to work
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Sandwich, Kent2 July 2019
To start with, the way you're paid (per car collected/delivered) is designed to pay as little as possible for the amount of hours worked, I'm talking minimum wage here. The management that are responsible for transport have never even set foot inside a lorry and believe they can go to warp speed. Extremely cliquey place to work, all the decent work goes to the same old faces day in day out, who incidentally love to stand around slagging other drivers off behind their backs, then are all smiles and banter to their face, den of snakes, avoid.
Pros
Cons
Hideous place to work
Unbelievably bad
Driver (Former Employee) –  Westbury, Wiltshire25 June 2019
Worked as a driver in all my years driving I have never known such a company. The management seem to take great pleasure in disciplining you for the slightest thing, whilst covering up major staffing issues and promoting themselves. They are promising better pay as the majority of us do 14 hours working out at minimum wage. It's a dirty job. You will be expected to drive 100 miles for a car that probably isn't there guess what no pay for that!. Looking into bringing in pay as you go mileage but couldn't wait any longer was only making 29k long hours. Others paying 10k more, moved on much happier . Once your out of copart you realise how micro managed you are and how the management are so appaling. They will never support you and if they can disaplin you and get themselves another tick in the box, and guess what no pay rise for a year. They will do it for a slightly worn strap or forgetting to wear safety Google's walking across the yard, they don't bother but that's ok as they are management. The only positives are the other drivers and copart day. It's sad that a company as this is so driven on progress that they have forgotten how to respect it's employees treating them like objects not people. Very high turn over of drivers
Pros
Copart fun day
Cons
Low pay management and dispensaries like your back at primary school
A very rare Monday to Friday HGV 1 job
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Sandwich19 June 2019
I’ve worked for Copart sandwich for over four years now an can honestly say it’s the best job I’ve ever had having 20 years hgv experience. Yes it can be hard work /challenging work /dirty work but if you’re willing to work hard the rewards are great, in four years I’ve not earnt below 35k which is fairly unheard of in the hgv world with Monday to Friday working and bank holidays off .
The family day put on by Copart really is a no expense spared event for you an your family to various different theme parks in the U.K. .
All uniforms provided and replaced without question
I will however say this the kind of job that takes time to get used to don’t expect to be the most productive driver to start with until you’ve gotten used to it and expect some long days to begin with .
The management especially the AGM are firm but very fair and very pro safety over everything
Pros
Job an knock, family days, no weekend work
Cons
Long days to start with
avoid
Yard Operative (Former Employee) –  Wombourne2 June 2019
if your face fits great,if not for get it, you are asked to keep in contact, supervisors will ignore calls and texts, even discuss personal issues in morning meetings.
Pros
some benefits
Cons
treated badly
Lots of hours for little money
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire16 May 2019
Worked at the Chester branch for 4.5 years and it was great at the start could earn decent money until 1 year in they brought in a system called paragon it ruined the Job. We went from being able to collect upto 21 cars a day to struggle collecting 10 and doing the same hours 10 to 14 hours mon to Friday and when they pay you per car it worked out that we were all earning less than minimum wage. Some days you will get a long run to aberystwyth in your 07 plate daf that's had about 40 different drivers abusing it and half a million on the clock which is usually around a 12 hour day due to the distance and you might only collect 4 vehicles and earn about 50quid for the day and go home caked in oil and dirt. So to cut a long story short if they changed back to the old system not a bad old Job with plenty of variety.
Pros
Fun days out, christmas party paid for, variety at work
Cons
Long long hours for very little pay
Avoid
Driver (Former Employee) –  England12 April 2019
Advertise job at £31k realistically you earn £27k with the hours works out minimum wage. Management love to disaplin you for the slightest thing witnessed a witch hunt on a driver lost a top chap. This company needs to wake up pay skilled drivers properly and give the respect they deserve. The job is dirty but you can plan your day and your home each night. Varied job if your face fits you will earn more work
Pros
Fun day for family
Cons
Poor management poor wages favoutism
Colectimg insurance write offs svo depot
transporter driver (Former Employee) –  Avonmouth22 March 2019
This job is job and knock and can be very good money. if your face fits and you get deliveries, which are usually given to the same four driver all the time.
You can do a run and be finished easily by three o'clock.
Some of the trucks are knocking on now but the maintainance is very good.
Management are straight out of uni and follow everything by the book so if you get caught speeding you will be on a dicaplinary once you have this you can pretty much kiss a payrise out the window at the end of the year
Pros
Early finishes if you crack on, and good money can be earnt .training is very good if you get the right trainer ie mr bunce
Cons
You're facehas to fit to earn good money, manegement are very quick to give out disapliinaries just so you know they are the boss
Nice colleagues, horrid customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandwich10 March 2019
This type of job is hard to come by nowadays - Monday to Friday 8-5 and weekends and bank holidays off as standard. The work can be stressful as the industry is constantly changing and bringing in new rules which we need to implement. All the insurance companies we work for like things done differently so we need to try and remember those as well. I don't think the work we do and often the abuse we put up with from our customers warrants minimum wage pay. We deserve much more and there should be more protection from nasty customers that often insult us and shout at us. I also think the website needs to be clearer and idiot proof as our buyers never read our ts & c's.
Pros
Monday - Friday 8-5 - great hours
Cons
abusive customers
Great fun
Yard Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandy, Bedfordshire12 February 2019
I love working here as it is good fun I work hard and the days go by, I enjoy working with cars and vehicles and hope to stay in this industry. I would recommend if you work hard and are reliable.
Pros
Regular Hours
Cons
Cold weather
Do not appreciate real workers
Loader/Driver (Former Employee) –  Sandtoft4 February 2019
worked here as loader driver ,,its full of back stabbing and had issue with an individual who did bare minimum , there response was sort it out between your selves ,, as result confronted mentioned person and things got heated and as result i was suspended. The following week had meeting and sacked for gross misconduct . The fact i was unprepared to run and tell tales as others here quickly do ,, ultimately this cost me dearly and will struggle in future even finding work with such gross misconduct hanging around my neck,....
Pros
cheap petrol.
Cons
unfriendly and lazy co/workers
Terrible Company
Hgv Driver (Former Employee) –  Sandwich, Kent4 January 2019
Being in transport for 30 years this is the most unorganised company I’ve ever worked for,every department needs looking at but if you pay minimum wages I suppose that’s what you will get,the pay scheme is close to illegal and needs looking at by DVSA
Awful place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, Bedfordshire19 November 2018
Poor management, no backing from anyone, there way or the highway! Management slagging eachother off left right and Center.

Too much pressure to do the impossible. Lack of communication, everyone gets fed up of being pushed and not rewarded.

Glad I’m finally out of the place, the only thing that kept me going was the people I worked with. Other than that, avoid at all costs.
Pros
Petrol
Absolutely Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wisbech19 October 2018
A typical day involved being expected to be an octopus and be able to serve customers, answer phone calls, make outgoing calls, reply to emails, perform administrative tasks and deal with complaints all at the same time. While the Office Manager was lovely and brilliant at her job, the GM had no idea about the company, just barking orders and not providing support and then comes out shouting "Why are we in the red?!" When they just sit in their little office with their blinds closed the whole time. Minimal training is provided. The GM expects you to always tell the customer what they want to hear and actually expected you to be OK with customers verbally abusing you over the phone. There is no level of decent management or training, as the manager their-self lacks training and knowledge in the company. They do not appreciate their staff, they will lead you on for weeks and give you more and more responsibilities. Permanent staff are paid the same rate regardless of their time in the company and temps will come in getting the exact same pay. There was numerous issues between staff and it was fine for others to gang up on one member of staff resulting in her being fired, the older men working there are allowed to harass clients over the phone and make them feel uncomfortable with no consequences, however should you tell a customer that their language is not acceptable and should they carry on you won't serve/speak with them, you will lose your job. Copart is a joke. The company itself goes on about valuing its employees; all it cares about is its overturn and making its stock  more... shares larger. DO NOT TAKE A JOB HERE.  less
Pros
weekends off
Cons
everything else, particularly management and lack of training all round
Don't bother
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Sandwich, Kent4 October 2018
The pay scheme is a joke, worked out that the time put into collecting and delivering all the vehicles, you don't get much more than the minimum wage hourly rate, as a class 1 driver, that is absolutely pathetic.
Pros
Job & knock
Cons
Ridiculous pay scheme.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Temp Contract) (Former Employee) –  Wisbech8 September 2018
Working around friendly and enthusiastic people, a typical day in the Copart office can teach you a lot, especially helping you develop your ability to multi task as well as customer service skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely customer satisfaction
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Understaffed office
God Awful!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wootton, Bedfordshire1 April 2018
I worked at Head Office for a long time and saw 2 inept managers come and go. There was no room for promotion or even to move to different departments for Managers and team leaders only allowed their treasured favourites to move up or move to better departments. If you were not part of the inner circle then you were nobody. There was no overtime, only time in Lieu which management was reluctant to let anyone take due to being understaffed all the time. HR always backed the management and so it was pointless to file any kind of grievance. Annual pay increases were often held back for the most minor of reasons and asking for help was often ignored. Team Leader positions were given to personal friends of the manager and few could do the job and often quit after a few months. Praise for a good job was non-existant. Would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, lack of care, blatant favourtism, lack of parking, lack of job progression
Badly Run , Employees Undermined, Terrible Processing
Yard Operative (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex5 February 2018
The company itself has a good idea on how to make money, however the staff working for them I.E managers have no clue on how to work with employees or assist them and instead bark orders without wondering about the consequences.

After working with them for over half a year I can safely say this is one of the worst examples i've seen of the company during my time there, Managers who don't know what they are doing , Supervisors who badmouth managers behind their back , squabbles among staff, generally a bad place to work.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Long Hours, Stressful, No assistance, Low Pay, Favorited Staff
Pay structure leaves a lot to be desired
Cartransporter driver (Former Employee) –  Sandwich, Kent8 January 2018
I worked for this company as a class 1 driver, having come from the new vehicle delivery environment.
Promised excellent pay, equipment and conditions.
None of which materialised.
The pay structure is of such that the "favourite faces" get the better paying work and outward deliveries. New starters get none, and lower zone collections.
If you don't break the £60 per day in collections, that's it... Your basic pay for which you will probably work 12 hours.
I broke down, by the time I got home...13 hour day, I earnt £60
So, do yourself a favour..... Leave well alone!
Pros
None really
Cons
Lots.... Ignorant management. Very early starts which can become long days for little money
Back Stabbing
Regional Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Essex5 January 2018
The so called Regional Manager could not even be bother to give comprehensive Training and there was so much internal Speak that was never explained. If you do not know then ask but wait whilst I listen to my sat. nav was a typical response.
Pros
lexiable
5 stars overall
Administrator (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire24 November 2017
This was my best jobs, really good friendly colleagues. Really good memories. Love every minute of it. If I could I would go back to copart. Good environment
Pros
Awards
Cons
Not much over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Copart, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9