ConvaTec Employee Reviews

Core values not cascading down to Staff Recruitment.
Quality Professional (Former Employee) –  Deeside30 January 2019
"We are culturally rooted in our core values of caring for people, continually driving innovation and excellence, and earning trust, every day and in everything we do"
Poor recruitment and talent acquisition processes. Failure to communicate with candidates after interviews indicates that there is a disconnect between published core values and the reality as a potential employee. Reputational damage is a difficult one to dispel. Unfortunately ConvaTec have a poor reputation for recruitment and retention. Best to avoid.
Very toxic environment
Senior Management Team (Current Employee) –  Deeside, Flintshire19 December 2018
Poor structure, poor management, highly political, unethical behaviours, shop-floor employees not valued, does not live the values, command and control management style
Pros
Early finish on Fridays, canteen on site
Cons
Uncertinty, volotile environment, no job security, Poor Leadership
Avoid
Technician (Former Employee) –  Technical12 May 2018
The only word to describe this company is disastrous, absoloute no respect for Technicians, even the Senior Engineers treat the Techs like idiots, only way you progress is by being buddies outside of work regardless of ability to do a job.
Technology is still in the 1980's machines always breaking down and Senior Engineers management having an issue with putting something right to prevent future failures due to there job security, everything is kept a secret within a clique and your only requested to do a job when someone cannot do it or doesnt have a clue how to do it!!!
Engineers like to mock the Technicians, even though they are the ones who have created the current persona in relation to Engineering.
Motivation is at an all time low with the management seemingly thinking that the current situation should be the norm for the future!!
Avoid the place as it will be closed soon, negative, poor leadership, embarrassing, poor culture!!
Only way to progress is to have no principles, standards or ethos, the ConvaTec lifers sell there principles and standards for a wink or a smile from the directors......
Pros
Nice people to work with.
Cons
No respect, no future!!
Full of clicks and bullys and incompetent managers
Line leaded (Former Employee) –  Deeside, Flintshire4 May 2018
Was there for 27yrs then got laid off and they took on all the agency workers...
Used to be a great place to work when I first started, quality was the main priority... when they got sold to a bank it all went down hill... Machinery was breaking down everyday. Line Managers who were made up only because they were cozy with the unit managers had no idea what was going on... the more you complained about quality issues the less they cared... it turned into a bad joke.. I'm amazed it's still open... avoid this place for the sake of ya sanity... Also the way some people speak to the operators was unprofessional no man management skills at all..
Pros
Cons
Clicks and bullying
know it alls run the place
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Deeside, Flintshire16 February 2018
Took a job as a supervisor spent most of my time tolerating a clueless hypocritical woman "I've been here 23 years" to a jumped up little l man with small man syndrome who thought he had management skills which I didn't.think it's sinking fast I was glad to get off.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
great place to work
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Deeside17 January 2018
This was a good all round job. I learnt a great deal and met some wonderful people. the pay was great. There wasn't anything difficult about the job.The only reason I left was to have a family.
Pros
everything
Cons
early mornings
Unethical and lazy
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deeside28 April 2017
Awful place to work. They are total hypocrites with their beliefs and values. They keep people on temporary agency contracts so you have no benefits or rights. Training is very poor and dependent on who you work for and if they like you or feel threatened by you. Blame always goes to most junior members, management are totally unaccountable and lazy.
Pros
Cons
immature and selfish work environment
Productive and fun place to work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Deeside29 March 2017
Maintaining a high output production to high quality standards adhereing to EHS and GMP. Plenty of opportunities to advance within the company. I went from an operator to a supervisor and was encouraged all the way
Pros
Advancement opportunity
Cons
Got to be in it to win it!!!!
Process operator (Current Employee) –  Deeside, Flintshire17 February 2017
Only way to progress is if your face fits. I learned never to trust the managers who pretend to be your 'friend'! The hardest part of the job is to put up with certain people. And the most enjoyable part of the day is home time!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Time off sick is a must
Cons
Got to be in the click
All Accounts payable proceedures
Accounts Payable Supervisor, Expenditure Processes (Current Employee) –  Deeside, Flintshire16 February 2017
Maintaining Vendor Management, On Time Payment Analysis, Blocked Invoice reviews, Material Matching. Following the AP Charter to fulfill the Company's Values & Behaviors.
Produces a good product
Operator machine (Current Employee) –  Flintshire14 February 2017
Stressful place to work. People never recognised for the amount of work time and effort they put in. Higher positions giving to inexperienced staff but others expected to cover. New Manager has not got a clue of what staff actually do only ever makes promises saying I'll sort it or leave it with me. Favourite saying is it will get better. Company behaviours used to say be honest don't think applies anymore. Feels like it's ok as long as your doing it and not me.
Pros
Not to far to travel
Cons
Not everyone is bad
Going down hill fast
Operator (Former Employee) –  Deeside30 January 2017
No repect or loyalty given to its employees. Having a major restructure but still have same useless inexperienced managers. One if which started off making bacon butties in the canteen. Who now decides without even knowing the people, if they should stay or go.
Used to be an excellent place to work for when it was BMS ,before the share holders took over
Machinery is old and always breaking down.
Quality checks are very minimal.
More focused on clocking out and overalls not being worn walking to each unit.They should be more concerned with the products and how to improve productivity and quality.
Overall I Wouldn't bother applying won't be there long.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Not bothered about quality just quantity
Professional company requireing commitmnrt an hard work
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  MANUFACTURING & PACKING FACILITY22 January 2017
This is a very professional company. It gave employees the opportunity for employment progression with continuous training and manuafcturing improvements.
Productive and rewarding place to work.
Engineering Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Deeside, Flintshire17 January 2017
The company is currently going through a major restructure to compete against other ConvaTec sites around the World. This company has given me some very good work experiences and even though I am taking redundancy in March 2017 I wish the company every success and will miss the people who work there.
Pros
Working with a product that changes peoples lifes for the better.
Cons
Inexperienced staff causing unnecessary breakdowns.
Productive and easy place to start work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Deeside, Flintshire22 November 2016
Convatec is a good place to start as an operator I found it easy and got along with everyone that works there.
work Monday to Friday 39 hours per week.
weekends off but also have the option to work overtime with time and a half on the Saturday and double pay on the Sunday
hardest part for this role is early mornings.
most enjoyable part was my work colleagues.
Pros
cooked lunches
Cons
8 hours monday to thursday and 5 hours on the friday
A very good job
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Deeside5 February 2016
I enjoyed my job at Convatec, and I found it very rewarding. I worked as part of a team and also worked on my own.The company made hospital products and made a huge difference to peoples lives.
Pros
Company bonus
Cons
Traveling
stressful
factory floor (Former Employee) –  deeside23 June 2015
Was a fantastic place to work then things changed and management more stress and less benefits. After 20 + years was forced into redundancy do not value years of experience or commitment.
Pros
pension
Cons
no union
Internal Sales Team Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  sunderland15 December 2014
Monday to Friday 9-5 . customer service/sales. office based.
disappointing
research associate (Former Employee) –  Deeside, WLS27 August 2014
I worked for ConvaTec for approximately 2 years during which time I received little training and was subjected to a high stress, high workload, confrontational environment. The wages were poor which prevented me from developing any quality of life outside of work. I was forced to leave after suffering anxiety and stress, and to find employment that enabled me to afford somewhere to live and an evening meal.
Pros
Cons
high stress, high workload, aggressive management style, blame culture
enjoyable lively place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Deeside2 July 2014
I found working at convatec to be brilliant, but had to leave due to both parents being in ill health, if this obstacle wouldn't of happened, I would still be enjoying working there. I found the staff brilliant to get on with everyone worked as a team and they accepted me as one of their own even though I was agency staff.
I learned how to work proactively in this role as production operator, making sure to find problems early on so as to keep production going as smoothly as possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConvaTec. Our community is ready to answer.

ConvaTec Reviews by Location