Continental Landscapes

Continental Landscapes Employee Reviews

United Kingdom42 reviews
Kept busy
Really good job, ok it was only seasonal and filled a gap for me.
Grass cutting and litter picking going around in a rota

Fellow workers great to work with and very productive days,

Management staff had a change while I was there which greatly improved things,

I’ll possibly return in the future if the job was full time and paid slightly better.
Seasonal means strimmer pilot
Seasonal job is a strimming job u still spend 8hrs a day Walking & strimming highways/parks full time staff get to sit on ride on mowers all day lots of moaning and back stabbing....
Very poor management
Management lacking knowledge of operative work environment, pestering and harassment concerning job security, racial abuse from european workers refusing to work in a team with black people, which was supported by managers and supervisors from European countries, asked to leave because I was not liked by these Europe managers, supervisors, operatives.
productive an fun work place
I enjoyed my days at work as i enjoy working outside as well as working indoors .I also liked that i started early an finished early which made work an home life balance perfect
Terrible
Aweful to work for, worked for them nearly 3years all outside work in all weathers company refused to supply water proof/warm clothing for outdoor workers even though contract states all uniform and Ppe supplied, pay never on time and manager would rather have a cup of tea locked in his office than deal with any problem
They were alright to work with
This was seasonal work - which I would recommend to others - they are a fair employer the work. The work mainly included grass cutting on a ride on grass cutter, trimming hedges and using a strimmer. I also drove the vans to take staff, gardening equipment and grass cutting equipment to various sites
Good environment to work in
The company was a good place to work and I enjoyed my time here. I found the team to be good company, there was opportunity to engage with the public and the work itself kept me physically fit and active.
Cheap
Moving towards a new direction in the last few years no loyalty for long term staff and really basic contracts. Expect the basic for everything. No extra holiday bonuses Christmas Meals really the minimum possible avowed by the law.
Bad management
The hours are too long and the money is poor. The job is too stressful and demanding and the management is poor to say the least. The workforce are always arguing and falling out with each other which creates a bad place to work.
No perks offered, just finished the pension scheme when I started !
Unsupportive management, awful working conditions in an old drafty pavilion in a public park with easy access into the office by the local looney tunes.

Low pay and no motivation to want to stay. Couldn't wait to get out.
cringed when the alarm went off each morning
Management had a policy of encouraging back stabbing, Possibly to a point wher it became bullying in the workplace. will never go back. Was pleased when the season ended. It was like being released from prison.
seasonal work
It is seasonal work where you get treated badly and moved around a lot between jobs and you get told a full time position at the end of the season will be available if you stay until the end of the season only to have your contract ended when the season ends.
Cons
seasonal work
Worst place to work and high amount of Sexism
This is a horrendous place to work.
Management is very poor, kept making promises they wouldn't fill. Even being understaffed they expected the work to be done in same amount of time. Operations manager is aggressive, rude, arrogant and would not listen to people's concerns.

Promoted a guy to team leader with absolutely no previous experience, no equipment licenses and didn't even have a driver's license instead of a woman with previous experience and licences. SEXISM is rampant
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Sexism, poor management, aggressive operations manager
Awful company
This was a stop gap for me. I have 15 years experience in this industry. I was working along side people they literally got from the job centre that had never used a strimmer. I was being paid 20p more an hour then them. Rubbish work working on run down and volatile estates. Manager didn’t have a clue with what he was doing. Just drove around all day. Useless. Do not apply here. Unless you are really desperate. Hahahahaha.
laid back company
i still am working for this company however my season ends in 2 weeks time , the company makes promises it does not fulfill , hence why i will not be applying to stay working for them.
Pros
flexible days
Cons
promises made and not kept
landscape gardener
great companie to work for kept me busy in work gave me uniform work mates all good people i passed my test and they gave me a chance to drive the ford tipper and gave me that new skill
Pros
good hours suplyed uniform
Cons
min wage
bad management
Job was good but management didn't use the resources correctly there wasn't enough tools and machinery to go around and they kept taking workers off their sites to cover other peoples. Causing back logs of work .
Productive Environment
Clearing pathways,collecting and disposing of litter.Using blower to gather fallen leaves.Bagging of leaves for collection.Watering of plants where and when required.removing fallen branches that may be a danger to the public.
fun and exciting work place
It was a fun and wealthy environment to work in the work was grate and was hard work in like to work independently and can learn new things very quickly
Pros
free lunch
Nice people
nice people to work with, varied day, different locations.
enjoyed it.

payslips don't come through, you get them every now and again which can be frustrating.
fun place to work
here it was full of fun people the management was OK and listened when they needed to supervisors do expect too much most of the time but the manager was fantastic and did stick up for you when neccesary the only problem with this is the job is seasonal and well it is not ideal for a family man to be unemployed at Christmas time.