Construction Marine Ltd

Construction Marine Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews
Traditional family business with orthodox attitudes to modern work styles.

CML work in mainly in the rail sector and this is an area which is going through growth and increased investment making it a varied environment to work in.
A family owned company established on a ‘can do’ attitude giving individuals and teams something to proud to be part of. Delivering fantastic projects in many regions with a growing client portfolio. Throughout the business the support and nurture of talent is unquestionable.
A happy and safe place to work in whatever the required role.
I wouldn't let my worst enemy work for this company. In 20 years of working I have never been treated so badly. They have a set of values that they simply don't adhere to, they have management who speak to you like dirt and don't care if they ruin your life overnight. Wholly unprofessional, untrustworthy and corrupt organisation. I will make it a mission to inform everyone I know and work with in Utilities and highways management to never do business with this bunch of idiots
brilliant company to work for I couldn't be more happy I will be very happy to go back any time they ask for my service all round I will 100% the best company I have ever worked for I hope they get more work
Think carefully if you are already working in a managerial role. I left a very well paid job with another Principle Contractor based on utter lies from the Director and Contracts Manager.
Pros
Working on the Western Route
Cons
Commercially very aggressive, Expected to make operatives to work in a questionable environment to save money, Lots of corners being cut on projects to save money.
A good place to work if the management didn't let it down by sending out incorrect paperwork to do the job. Lads all friendly, shame pay could be better for a railway firm.
Pros
Working at home alot.
Cons
Bad management
I enjoy my role there and work with great people and enjoy the diversity.

Management could be improved slightly in terms of communication and approachability

Hardest part of the job is not knowing what is round the corner when you have a young family
Pros
company vehicle and fuel card
Cons
long hours, low industry, standard salary no development
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Construction Marine Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7