Play YouTube video button

Consensus Employee Reviews

Fantastic please to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire13 September 2019
I enjoy my job, St Stephens is a lovely place to Work All the staff are kind and caring and go above and beyond for the individuals they support. The staff support each other and the manager to make sure the individuals are getting the best care and lots of opportunities to grow and develop.
The pay needs to be more
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Clacton-on-Sea13 September 2019
Working with individuals that could really hurt you and getting paid just over min wage just ain't right.

All the company care about is money and not they guys.
challenging
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Isleworth29 August 2019
unpredictable day at work due to supported individuals diagnosed with mental health.
supportive company, low pay rate, good training and trainers, good team work
Pros
good team work
Cons
long shifts
not the best place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Nailsea and backwell29 August 2019
pay is never the same sometimes you would have more one month than the other even though your doing the same hours each week
manger wasn't the best and was hardly there
not organises they never have enough staff
and would put you on night shifts more than what is recommend
the team are lovely nut some of them didn't pull there wait
Worst company ever.....
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk25 August 2019
Worst company ever stay well away!!
Rubbish pay!!!
Get rid of good staff to keep lying snaky ones.
Poor management from the home manger too up high all in it for the money higher up no Care for there staff or the people living with bulling staff to support them day in day out.
No paperwork’s gets done or if it does get done goes missing....
Home from home feel. Well loved supported individuals.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Magor, Monmouthshire7 August 2019
Ashbury house is a home which has so much love given to the people supported there. It’s a very busy but active home and the guys are supported out into the community. We support the guys to go on holiday, day trips such as longleat, and in house activities. It’s a homely feeling. Manager is fair and supportive and will help where possible and has a open doors policy. Lovely place to work
Pros
Management, team work, long-standing staff team, excellent training
Cons
Weekends are not every other off.
shambles
Support Worker Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Essex7 August 2019
I had the displeasure of working for this company last year. useless management, untrained staff, rota never on time, long hours,lousey pay, stressed.
Pros
suportive work mates
Cons
unsociable hours
Its what you make it ,if you put in the effort the residents respond ina fantastic way.If you dont they wont .
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bexhill, East Sussex26 July 2019
Weak management ,remote senior management
buildings in diabolical state of neglect
Finishing at 22.00 then having to be back at 7.00
in the morning
Residents in the wrong setting ,it's not their fault
it's all about the money they bring in.
Wrong mix of residents young ,through to senior citizens.
Whatever you do it is seemingly never enough going home absolutly shattered every day.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Lazy staff mainly people from the Philippines
Challenging , excellent training , good wage, approachable management
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  Ashurst Hampshire2 July 2019
Have worked here full time for over a year , it's challenging work but you get excellent training to deal with behaviours, and the rewarding moments far out way them, it means so much for an individual with Autism to accept and trust you . Thoroughly enjoy my job and the staff are supportive and caring .Beautiful location and varied job role .
Pros
Decent hourly wage
Cons
Facilities could be better
Lovely place to work .Staff culture changed in the last year.New team, support from management.Progress and development.
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  Willowbeech,Bournemouth5 June 2019
I have been working for Consensus from 2 year.Lovely place to work.Lots of oportunities to develop and progress.Management is very suportive,flexible Rota and regular supervisions.Lovely team,workplace culture has changed a lot in the last year,is a pleasure now to came to work.
First job in Support/Care
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  South East19 May 2019
As I had no training in Support Work I saw this a a challenge.

Manager who recruited me was great. However people in charge at the weekend were NOT managers. .I enjoyed my time there however when I was asked to do something I had no training for and then verbally abused because I couldn't do it.
nice place to learn
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk18 May 2019
I have only worked in one service of Consensus and I have learned a lot there. Certain aspects could be better such as the management, pay rates.However if discussed with management can be a very flexible place to work at and which is quite suitable for people who struggle with childcare
Pros
nice staff, training
Cons
pay rates could be higher
Just no
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Essex10 May 2019
No chance. This place is not the worst or best, unless you are a favourite there’s no progress. No matter how hard you work if management doesn’t like you, there’s no chance of you progressing at all in there. For what you do it’s just not worth it
Pros
Cons
No progress, no support from management
Love support work!!
Support Worker/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Dunblane14 March 2019
I love supporting the people I care for. Staffing issues can be frustrating. The challenging behaviour can be exactly that but once you feel comfortable dealing with these situations then it becomes second nature. And the good days outweigh the harder days. There could be more support in the sense of meaningful activities. More budget for activities. Consistent rules. Less skiving from certain staff. It could be more fair for staff at times. The wages are poor lowest of all the care Jobs.
Pros
Feel good factor
Cons
Challenging behaviour bad management inconsistencies and pack of staff food
A shambles
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury shropshire2 March 2019
It is a miracle that the place has not been shut down! Neglected service users, the place is filthy and the majority of the staff have no work ethic at all! Poor management has destroyed the place. It is such a shame the place has potential if managed correctly and the right kind of staff employed. It is all about profit and not the fact that this is supposed to be a place where people are cared for... This is meant to be their home and not a playground for staff!
Pros
Experience in care
Cons
Service users were grate.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport9 February 2019
The manager trys to be everyones friend and not a manager she never listened to anything you had to say when it comes to the service users IE if they was ill. They like to employ young people 17 + with no experience and who haven't got a clue when it comes to care and looking after people with complex needs.the pay is awful considering what you do there It's a joke to be honest.its a company your never get anywhere in.
Pros
Service users
Cons
Working every weekend
Low pay long hours unfair management to
Care assistent support worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 December 2018
Working for this company took its toll on my health and wellbeing expected to do to many hours arrogant staff and managment other staff messing up with there work and having to do their job lots of pressure running workplace on your own with lack of staff good training given but no opportunity to move further in your field lack of compassion to staff and their needs unreasonable
supervisors, made to support individuals that needed more support putting employees at risk covering up mistakes to benefit the company not taking reports seriously and making myself feel vulnerable and not listened to
Pros
Free lunch and dinners
Cons
Long hours low pay
Best place I've ever worked (so far!)
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire and Central Bedfordshire26 October 2018
This organisation cares about people and the senior management team are passionate about getting it right.
I left Consensus to go and work for a larger organisation as a service manager but quickly promoted to Area Manager only due to skills, training and experience, which I have to say where developed from my time there.
Often, you don’t realise until you leave and go and work somewhere else how truly great a place is.
So if you are reading this as someone who is thinking of leaving- think carefully! The Grass is already Green!
Highlights of my views about working for consensus:
• Supports their Managers and pays them a fair and above average wage
• Is committed to developing Support Workers and values their CPD
• The staff are paid above minimum wage and within their job roles have 3 levels of pay they can achieve based on their development which gives staff something to work towards. I can’t begin to describe how powerful this is for a provider in this industry.
• Values staff and listens- regularly seeks and acts on feedback
• Services are well maintained, clean and safe
• Consensus does not give up on people
• Managing directors take the time to visit the services, spend time with individuals supported and staff teams, they are approachable, friendly and genuinely care. They will do this out of hours on evening and weekends. I recall the managing director, spending time actually working shifts in a service in Northamptonshire. To me these examples that will always influence the way I conduct myself in my career going forward.
• The referrals managers care
  more... about what they do, they are not just there to make a quick buck I recall sitting with the Referrals Manager, long story short he was telling me of his past experiences and tears came down his face upon recalling how the care industry used to be compared to where we are today. That’s real passion.
• You will be well supported by line management, peers, HR, Training etc- having left although we all like to have a little moan here and there- it’s human nature- their systems work.

In summary, if you are looking to grow and develop and want to work somewhere special- apply. I am saying this as someone who has now left 5 months ago and have had time to reflect, they’ve really got their ship together.
If you’re looking to leave, please think carefully, you are already working for one of the best organisations. Consensus don’t want to be the biggest, but they do want to be the best- the grass isn’t always greener.
Pros
Organisation is a whole is well led, caring, effective, responsive and safe
Productive work place
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Lidlington, Bedford, UK17 October 2018
Well maintained working atmosphere and dedicated to keep clients and staff satisfaction all the time. Continuously monitoring and training provided for staff. Highly recommended. Cheers.
Shambles of a company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Shropshire20 September 2018
Management were useless, never listening to support staff, fudging the rota up- leaving 3 people on a shift with 9 residents, not providing any funding to take residents out. Treating staff like dirt and telling them that they knew where the door was if they were unhappy. Ghastly.
Pros
The residents were nice
Cons
Management are useless

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consensus. Our community is ready to answer.