Play YouTube video button
Consensus

Consensus Employee Reviews

United Kingdom101 reviews
Featured review
Consensus selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed my job very much and the training was good left through personal issues. The residents were pleasant to work with and the house was very nice . A lot to learn but worth the while
Expect you to do overtime. Hyoicripitical management, dont care about supported individuals,. leave junior staff to run site. Not unusual to do 16 hour shifts
Pros
Near home
Cons
This company seems to really care about getting things right. And for this reason, I would say to anyone who may be having any issues, whatever they might be. Talk to someone and I'm sure they will do all that they possibly can to accommodate your needs.
Pros
A company that seems to truely care.
Cons
Shift patterns...
For the pay you get and what you're expected to do it's a very poor balance. From staff shortages regularly to preferred treatment, it's a very poor environment to work in. Even if you are ill, they'll expect you to come in. Get injured on site, you have to stay. Days off get cancelled last minute and sometimes it's more of a swap with someone rather than you can have your holiday, even if booked months in advance. The schedule changes regularly and it's impossible to plan a life around it. There's better companies out there who treat their staff better. Avoid!
Pros
Cons
Management, benefits, support, holidays, sick pay.
When ever any concerns are raised to head office they will ignore them and try to get rid of you so it doesn't make their name look bad. Poor management and the company don't care about the staff at all. Head office don't care if staff are physically and mentally abused by manager. I was even told I was expendable by the manager.
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
staff are discriminatory ,^ management dont care, or dont know what to do too much training without meaning, pay rubbish £8. 21. staff in control
Cons
too little wages for london
Having worked for consensus quite recently I wouldn’t recommend it. Although they have numerous sites the management at the site I worked at was a racist sexist who had no interest in the welfare of the residents. The bullying that was allowed to go on was disgraceful. Daily physical abuse and very poorly paid.
Pros
Residents are great company when away from the house.
Cons
Poor pay long hours lack of support.Very poor management.
This is very much an “if your face fits” company. My colleagues are very supportive and we work hard to support our Individuals and that aspect is great. The management however are the stumbling block in the organisation. They are not open to being questioned or challenged. It is very much an “us” and “them culture. There is zero chance of promotion unless your face fits or you are family
When I first started at a consensus residential home everything was great, I progressed from support worker to team leader in 6 months, & even spent some time acting team coordinator.

I’ve been with Consensus for 4 years, & sadly have just recently had to demote myself from team leader to support worker & transfer to nights. Why? Well..

- the gossiping of the staff is unbelievable (management being the worst)

-management only care about looking good on paper, they don’t know the individuals, the daily running of the house. NOTHING.

-you can work yourself into the ground and bend over backwards & not even get so much as a Thankyou

-the management team are all best friends so you cant speak confidently to one without them all knowing, you also can’t make complaints without them being ignored to protect each other

-they will manipulate other staff into lying about you, they thrive from drama.

-their attitude stinks, they speak to staff like rubbish especially when staff are expressing a different opinion to them

-they will & I quote ‘manage staff out’ if that staff member is not a ‘YES MAN’

-they will blame you when things go wrong, even though your following their guidance

-communication is Horrendous especially if you are not in the inner circle

So if you think all that sound good, then please join consensus. The only reason I’ve stayed on is because of the individuals that I have supported & cared for, for the last 4 years!

(Haven’t included house name for obvious reasons)
Pros
The individuals.
Cons
Everything else.
Stay well away, save yourself mental and emotional distress.

All they care about is having bodies in the building, i quit and walked away before they finally destroyed me
Sadly the company doesn't care about the people supported, it's all about looking good on the paper. Poor management, staff had to work all hours under the sun and manager came whener feel like it. Understaffed, stressful environment with no support from head office
Fantastic team to work with lots of training given. work is very fast paced and can be both challenging and rewarding with no two days the same.

Frustrations arising when middle management fail to listen. Often understaffed, not legally but in terms of safety issues hindering care, Often comes a little too close to crisis point or even takes a few before otherwise fantastic and very able hardworking staff are listened to. Lots of blame shifting takes place creating low morale, not to mention the times it was made clear to people they are disposable and takes a massive drama before the penny drops with regards safety needs for both staff and service users. All about the money which is unfortunately is typical of most private care settings.

Seeing service users smile can make all that pale into insignificance.
So happy that I left that place...management is interested just too look good from outside
I wouldn’t recommend that place to any of my friends or family
I enjoy working with the individuals that I support. They can be challenging but that is what makes the job worthwhile. Colleagues and Managers are supportive and appreciative of staff efforts.
Pros
Staff support
Cons
Shift work
Working at Consensus is quite challenging due to the work load of the supported individuals, we've have a high turn over of managers and staff which impacts on morale.
Started working at the blossoms home
In Wellingborough amazing staff everyone includes new People to the home service users are amazing made me feel

Really relaxed and at ease generally happy staff very supportive and passionate and caring. So glad I found somewhere I finally like in the care industry I was a little skeptical of the home but I was wrong. takes a few weeks for references and dbs cut

Off is 20th if every month and pay day is last work day of the month

Takes
Great opportunities for staff training excellent .The people we support are at the forefront on a daily basis .management are supportive there is flexibility in hours
Consensus is a good company to work for, but with it being a care organisation staff shortages happen. The supported individuals make it all worth while and can make a bad day great in the blink of an eye by doing something small but encouraging. The environment is challenging because the individuals have complex needs but it is one of the most rewarding work environments I have ever worked in.
Pros
Rewarding, thorough training, supportive team
Cons
Not the best pay rate
I enjoy my job, St Stephens is a lovely place to Work All the staff are kind and caring and go above and beyond for the individuals they support. The staff support each other and the manager to make sure the individuals are getting the best care and lots of opportunities to grow and develop.
Working with individuals that could really hurt you and getting paid just over min wage just ain't right.

All the company care about is money and not they guys.
unpredictable day at work due to supported individuals diagnosed with mental health.
supportive company, low pay rate, good training and trainers, good team work
Pros
good team work
Cons
long shifts