Connex Education

Connex Education Employee Reviews

United Kingdom51 reviews
Great company to work for.
I have had a great time working here and I very happy with the team so supportive and understanding. I would recommend working here. Connex Education does a great job at making you feel like part of the family.
Very good
Some work is given in advance if you wish to do it .I prefer to have notice and do find it hard to get ready quickly if phoned the 7.15 same morning to go to work .
Staff are very friendly and helpful .Pay is always on time .
A wonderful Agency
Connex has been the only supply company that did what they promised: provide lots of paid work. The communication with the agency is great, all of the agents are lovely and try to give you work that adapts to your skills and likings, which is a really positive thing. They also offer long-term positions which is good if you're looking for more stability. Overall I'm very happy working with Connex.
organised and professional workplace
I have worked with three agents at connex that have all been professional and organised and have always been very quick in responding to any communications. there has been a limited amount of work in Cheshire compared to in Birmingham but I feel that the staff at the agency have my best interests at heart and are working hard to find work for me.
Professional, friendly, supportive and challenging.
I have worked at Connex for a number of years in a wide variety of schools and year groups. I enjoy the challenge as each assignment is totally different, although there is the opportunity for long term placements if you wish.
Communication is excellent and I have built up a strong repour with my work coordinator, and the team there. Most schools I go to are within a 5 to 10 mile radius of where I live, and I have been to some on more than one occasion. Brief information is given prior to an assignment, and any questions answered such as location and year group.

It was easy to register followed by a short discussion to clarify information and mutual expectations.

I strongly recommend Connex as a supply agency as they will try hard to find the amount of days you wish to work, and the year groups you most like to teach.
Iv had some good loughs with my personnel advisor . He is always helpful and iv had some great experiences in schools .
I have worked for connex for 5 years thay have always been very helpful in finding the right jobs for you weather its part time or full time . You get a personal advise who you an call any time if you need any help .
Pros
Good pay and some one to talk too if needed.
Cons
Your job can just end even if you have been there a long time .
A typical day of work is fun. It is also interesting and everyday is different. I have learned key teaching and listening skills as well as presentation and communication skills.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with tough situations with a large group of children.

The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking to the kids and seeing life from their perspective and having a laugh with them here and there.
Productive workplace but a happy environment
I was an experienced teacher for 23 years. I decided on a new challenge. I was senior management in the schools I've worked on a vast range of whole school strategies and had many years of managing teachers. I've being involved implementing new initiatives and the management of many different roles in school. I have always had excellent relations with staff and believe a certain amount of humour is essential with working relationships. I am excited at the possibility of this new role of Emergency Assist travel consultant and I believe I have just the right qualities for the job. Essentially I am a people person and relish the opportunity to work in a positive way with colleagues. I would relish an interview to explain more of my professional experience and explain why I think I would be an excellent candidate for this job. Thank you for your time.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Connex Education?
Thank you Connex Education for everything
*Good places for work
*good management

* flexible hours and days

* good communication always via email, text and phone call

* understanding very good

*good listeners

* find it great with this Agency.

*Very kind Manager & Staffs.
Agency
Came in as SEN support and enjoyed it but lack of shifts made me look elsewhere, no guarantee of regular weekly work which was assured when contacted them.
Communication from staff is lacking and asking for any feedback from a school is usually unsuccessful.
Pros
Lovely Schools
Cons
Lack of shifts, communication
Began as very helpful, changes in agents changed how helpful they were!
I have worked for this company regularly for nearly 5 years, for the first 2 they were fantastic but a change in agent changed the dynamic and I felt less and less valid as an employee
Pros
large area of coverage
Cons
lack of communication
positive workplace
connex Education is a great agency. they provide me with allot of regular work in my local area. i am really happy with the way they communicate and contact me. i would definitely recommend them to anyone that is flexible and is looking for work.
Pros
very professional
placed in great nurseries
I was placed in some great day nurseries.
Connex staff were really friendly and approachable.

Only problem I had is the distances they wanted to send me dispite my explaining how far I was willing to travel.
Wide range of opportunities
I worked with this agency for a good while which offered me support roles in various schools around Liverpool. I often had to travel for a good while before I would reach the school and as such didn't get much chance to sit down and absorb the information I needed but with each day and each child I supported that didn't matter as much as every day and every pupil and school had their own approaches which always made me feel welcomed.
Pros
Working in the education system, doing support work, knowing how it helps people.
Cons
Occasional long days due to travelling, cover work so not always in same location, often part time work
Supply company
Good supply company who often have lots of work opportunities for you. Nice staff in the office. 24 hours a day 7 days a week phone support which is really handy.
Always friendly and got work
I love working for connex education as they go on your availability when you can work and 9/10 always have work for me. They are very understanding and friendly
Pros
work my own hours
Cons
some weeks i dont have work
Ignore your calls
I was promised work for September. Each time I’ve called the Birmingham branch I was told they were in meetings or just answered a call. They never call back or respond to emails. If they find something for you they expect you to jump through their hoops despite the fact the job isn’t what you asked for. Not a company I can respect anymore.
Pros
Cons
They never got you anywhere
Reliable, good communcation
They are efficient, keep you updated and communicate well. They are friendly and easy to deal with. The pay is too little though, not competitive at all.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
A mixed bag
This was the first agency I ever worked for and I had some very mixed fortune being an employee of theirs. I joined shortly after completing my level two teaching assistants course. While they did find me work and a lot of it was good, there were times when I felt I was being sent somewhere just to fill a gap. They also through me into some pretty challenging situation that I had no experience with and at that time was definitely not ready for. I left them when I started my level three course and joined a different agency after completing it. They treated me much better and managed to find me a permanent job. So overall I wouldn't say completely avoid, but definitely approach with caution.
Pros
Delivered good work most of the time
Cons
Didn't feel valued as an employee
Good company to work for.
Good company to work for. Get a fair amount of work from this company. Staff are friendly and approachable. I have been offered lots of repeat work from Connex.
Good work/life balance
Can work when is appropriate for you. You get the opportunity to try out various different nurseries/schools to see how they all work differently or are similar.