Connex Education Employee Reviews

Began as very helpful, changes in agents changed how helpful they were!
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire27 November 2018
I have worked for this company regularly for nearly 5 years, for the first 2 they were fantastic but a change in agent changed the dynamic and I felt less and less valid as an employee
Pros
large area of coverage
Cons
lack of communication
placed in great nurseries
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham28 September 2018
I was placed in some great day nurseries.
Connex staff were really friendly and approachable.
Only problem I had is the distances they wanted to send me dispite my explaining how far I was willing to travel.
Wide range of opportunities
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool7 September 2018
I worked with this agency for a good while which offered me support roles in various schools around Liverpool. I often had to travel for a good while before I would reach the school and as such didn't get much chance to sit down and absorb the information I needed but with each day and each child I supported that didn't matter as much as every day and every pupil and school had their own approaches which always made me feel welcomed.
Pros
Working in the education system, doing support work, knowing how it helps people.
Cons
Occasional long days due to travelling, cover work so not always in same location, often part time work
Supply company
SUPPLY TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside20 August 2018
Good supply company who often have lots of work opportunities for you. Nice staff in the office. 24 hours a day 7 days a week phone support which is really handy.
Always friendly and got work
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Runcorn10 August 2018
I love working for connex education as they go on your availability when you can work and 9/10 always have work for me. They are very understanding and friendly
Pros
work my own hours
Cons
some weeks i dont have work
Ignore your calls
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 July 2018
I was promised work for September. Each time I’ve called the Birmingham branch I was told they were in meetings or just answered a call. They never call back or respond to emails. If they find something for you they expect you to jump through their hoops despite the fact the job isn’t what you asked for. Not a company I can respect anymore.
Pros
Cons
They never got you anywhere
Reliable, good communcation
Primary School Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Liverpool21 July 2018
They are efficient, keep you updated and communicate well. They are friendly and easy to deal with. The pay is too little though, not competitive at all.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
A mixed bag
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside20 February 2018
This was the first agency I ever worked for and I had some very mixed fortune being an employee of theirs. I joined shortly after completing my level two teaching assistants course. While they did find me work and a lot of it was good, there were times when I felt I was being sent somewhere just to fill a gap. They also through me into some pretty challenging situation that I had no experience with and at that time was definitely not ready for. I left them when I started my level three course and joined a different agency after completing it. They treated me much better and managed to find me a permanent job. So overall I wouldn't say completely avoid, but definitely approach with caution.
Pros
Delivered good work most of the time
Cons
Didn't feel valued as an employee
Good company to work for.
Class Teacher (Current Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire2 January 2018
Good company to work for. Get a fair amount of work from this company. Staff are friendly and approachable. I have been offered lots of repeat work from Connex.
Good work/life balance
Supply Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside8 September 2017
Can work when is appropriate for you. You get the opportunity to try out various different nurseries/schools to see how they all work differently or are similar.

Want to know more about Connex Education?

Ask a question
flexible and good communication
Agency Worker (Current Employee) –  Havering, Greater London31 July 2017
* good management
* flexible hours and days
* good communication via email, text and phone call
* understanding
*good listeners
* find it great as get to choose your days can work and still get to work and do what I enjoy working with children
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
traveling
great agency
Supply Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 May 2017
They were good at finding me work, very supportive nice schools to work in. If you really didn't like the school you where placed you wouldn't have to go back.
Excellent communication
Supply teacher (Current Employee) –  Manchester11 October 2016
I joined with connex at the very end of the summer term. They quickly got me in a registered, keeping in contact with me through each stage. Once the new term started, it didn't take them long to get me into schools, all the time keeping in regular contact.
Pros
Flexible work
Always at the end of a phone.
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Warrington6 October 2016
I have worked as a supply teacher for Connex Education for the last two years. During that time I have had the pleasure of liaising with a number of enthusiastic contacts, namely Luke Achilles of the Warrington branch.

Luke is friendly, understanding and always tries to match my experience/qualifications with an appropriate school. I have as much work as I need each week and am always given thorough information about the school. I currently have one day's work at the same school each week plus any further days 'as and when', which suits me fine. I have a much better work/life balance which is a definite positive.

I think the salary is competitive and I have had Safeguarding training.

I have recommended Connex Education to a number of my teacher friends and I wouldn't do that if I wasn't happy with the service.
Pros
Meet the needs of the employee well.
Cons
Would appreciate more CPD
Enjoyable company to work for
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Warrington16 September 2016
Very efficient and understanding supply agency. Always finding you work when available. Sam is especially good and friendly to communicate with.
Pros
Flexible
Productive workplace
Early Years Practitioner (Former Employee) –  London15 September 2016
I have worked for Connex as an Early Years Practioner!
There been a great team with lots of support !
My contact within the company was Richard , he was very helpful, supportive and easy to communicate with !
He tried to find many workplaces according to my position and guide me with perfect information about the travelling, if any concern, he was able to respond very quick and sort them out!
I hardly recomend this Agency as you will enjoy working with them as I did too😊.
Pros
Perfect communication and support
Cons
Calls in the day but very very rare
Warrington branch
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Warrington15 September 2016
I have worked for a couple of different agencies during my time on supply but found Connex to be the most personable by far. I deal with Sam at the Warrington branch and find that she recognises that I am a person rather than just a number on their books. Sam always remembers which schools I have worked at in the past, which schools I liked working at and which schools I have built up a rapport with. She takes time to get to know the teachers she works with as well as the schools to find the ideal place for you. Connex are a very adaptable supply agency and want whats best for you, they were very supportive of me when I wanted to build myself up from day to day supply to my first long term position and have just secured me a full time position in a school that really suits me and the type of teacher I am.
Friendly and efficient consultants
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Warrington15 September 2016
Connex in Warrington is a very efficient teaching supply agency. Sam in particular is a friendly and helpful consultant with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. They provide clear guidelines and now operate their own payroll system.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Availability of work not guaranteed
Outstanding service
Primary Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Warrington15 September 2016
I have recently joined Connex Education and have already been very busy! They are a professional, friendly company who seem to really care about you. I work for other agencies as well as Connex but it is fair to say that Connex has kept me the busiest this September. I would like to say a big thank you to Sam and her team at the Warrington Connex. I look forward to working with you.
Good agency to work with
Supply teacher (Current Employee) –  Warrington14 September 2016
I've worked for Connex for around two years as a supply teacher. They are a good agency to work for. They have been able to provide me with lots of work in several different schools and locations. The staff are helpful and willing to deal with any enquiries quickly and efficiently. My contact within the company, Samantha is very helpful and supportive. She tries to find roles with my specific preferences in mind and tries to sort any problems out straight away. I have enjoyed working with the agency. They check with the schools I've worked in to gain feedback on my placement and pass on any information to me for my next role.
Pros
Good communication and supportive.
Cons
Daily rate slightly less than some agencies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connex Education. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2