Connected Health Employee Reviews

Stressful and long hours
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim4 October 2019
Very long hours and bad management constant phone calls on you day off expecting you to cover 60+ hrs pw. Area managers suit themselves and cover up alot of wrong doings. Bank Holiday pay is ridiculous. Don't get payslips until the day you are due to get paid so you have no idea what wage to expect and rotas 2 days in advance for week due to commence.

more calls than staff can deal with. pity managers are too greedy for bonus and take on mo
Dont do it..
Care worker assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisburn, County Down13 September 2019
Overworked and underpaid. Constant calls late at night to get you to cover shifts. Short notice rotas. Extra clients squeezed in to make more money. Training is abysmal. They tell you you will always be with another colleague when on calls, yet they put you out on your own on your first day! You are just thrown in at the deep end and left to your own devices, which is unfair to the clients.
Excellent company in a tough industry
Senior (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland14 February 2019
Excellent company really focused on changing and improving homecare. Management does listen and training is the best in the Industry. Only company offering accredited induction training in NI. Also bringing in new technology to help carers out on ground.
Pros
Care about their staff and always trying to find ways of doing tings better
Cons
The job is stressful - comes with the territory!
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Current Employee) –  Lurgan10 December 2018
Amazing place of employment
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Antrim16 August 2018
Having worked for this company all I can say is it is one of the better care providers out there. Staff go over and above for each and every client. The management team don't sit in their office dictating like other companies but instead deal with everything with a hands on approach. Every member of the team is treated as family.

The training provided is perfect for the job at hand, although as most care industries the main focus in on the job training. New members of staff shadow experienced staff members and learn via a hands on approach.

The benefits of working here are second to none, each member of staff Is able to be part of a health plan and their children and partners can be included too.

Internal promotion is something that connected health highly focus on, from care assistant to senior to area manager. The possibilities are endless. The perks of working your way up the ladder equals rewards for recognition of the hard work each and every team member put in. Area managers are able to gain company cars as a reward for their hard work and dedication to the company.

Some people will say the hours are long, but anyone who is in the care industry is there because they want to be, they want to make a difference to the clients lives. Working for connected health is not just a job it is a career working with a close knit family.
Pros
Job security, health benefits, employee recgonition.
Cons
Long hours, only for people who really want to make a difference and are not money orientated.
health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast5 July 2018
Great company to work for
Quality Monitoring Officer (Current Employee) –  Belfast25 June 2018
I have worked with this company for 4yrs and through these yrs I have progressed in every way,which has made me a better person and my family proud of what I have achieved.I started as a care worker serving my community.Then in time trained up to my level 3 in social care,also ILM in management ,Dementia Champion which helps me to deliver awareness to our staff.Connected Health seen that I provided high Quilaty of care and trained me to become the Quailty Monitoring Officer . I can only thank the company and management for making me my perfect job so that I can help to provide empathy to the clients and staff on a daily basis.
Pros
Training benefits, Health Care benifets
I love my job best company to work for
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Lisburn District, County Down25 June 2018
I have only been with connected health for 4 months and I can honestly say it’s the best place to work. Management are amazing and would do anything for you. Always keeping you updated and helping as much as they can when problems happen. Being in this job has gave me more confidence and a happier approach in life. I have made some amazing new friends working with the ladies and men. My seniors and my area manager always goes the extra mile every time to give me the hours I need and the time off I need know matter what. I can not fault the company. I had only planned to come on banking hours and on my first week I decided that I wanted to work full time because everyone had made me feel so welcome. If your wanting to come into care this is the company for you. I would never look back. Connected health is like my family now.
Pros
Amazing people to work with, everyone goes the extra mile
Employer of the year
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Belfast25 June 2018
This company go away above and beyond for their staff being a busy one parent mother this company have offered me support when I needed time off, real team work and real rewards that change your future, the health care plan is a great free service for me an my child and the chance to drive a company car if you become a successful area manager. Fantastic Team and I highly recommend this company definitely changed my future for the better in the short time I have had the pleasure to work here.
Pros
Company cars and team building rewards
Great work/life balance
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim25 June 2018
Started working in connect health this year and they have offered great training, a productive personal and professional development plan to get onto the next step in my recruitment career. The other staff are so lovely and really care. Management are the best I’ve ever worked with. Really top company! So glad I made the choice to come work here.
Pros
Management, Great for personal/professional development
Cons
Not a job for people who stress easily
Poor management
Area Manager /Trainer (Former Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry ,- Antrim15 May 2018
Poor management .weak leadership ..to much demand on staff ..
No work / life balance ..
Demanding ...work load with expectations to high for one person to cover ..
Sickness not tolerated ...
appreciation of work not recognised only when suites..
Pros
Clients
Cons
Poor management
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim17 April 2018
Community Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Antrim1 April 2018
Excellent Work Place
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim31 January 2018
I started working with Connected Health in 2014 as a Care Assistant in the Lisburn Area working full-time hours. I really enjoyed my job role as Care Assistant and after being with the Company for 1 year I was promoted to a Team Leader then in 2016 I became Area Manager for Finaghy/South Belfast. In my time with Connected Health I have completed my NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care and ILM in Leadership and Management. Connected Health has given me so many opportunities in time here.

I could not recommend this company enough, they are always there to help, also the management team of the company our very supportive and are always there no matter how big are small the issue can be, great place to work.

Connected Health has an excellent team of staff and very friendly working environment.
Pros
Private Health Care Benefits, Training, Uniform, Pay, Bonus for length of service, Extra Qualifications, regular Team Building
Cons
Mileage
Fantastic place to work
AREA MANAGER (Current Employee) –  BELFAST31 January 2018
I have worked in this company for two years and absolutely love it!! I came here to work after a bad experience in another care company and haven't looked back. There is room from progression and full support from management team as you progress. I can't thank the senior management enough for all their support and dedication to helping me achieve my dreams
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
There are none
place of work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland7 January 2018
i enjoy my work all the clients are lovely i work with a good team need more workers for the area i work in.
The days are long for the hours you get paid for some people dont pull their weight but you probably get that in every job you go to.
Pros
meet new people
Rewarding
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Belfast5 January 2018
I started in this company in 2008.The company was very small then there was only 1500 hours connected health is now one of the biggest companies in Northern Ireland I was a full time care assistant in dunmurry I was promoted to team leader in 2016 i held that for a year and was promoted to area manager for dunmurry lambeg Seymour hill I find this company fantastic to work for the management team are very helpful and supportful there are loads of opportunities for the staff i.e. your level 3 in health and social care there is a management course ilm that you can also do I find my job very rewarding this company has treated me with the greatest respect from I started they are a great company to work for
fulfilling and rewarding job
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  belfast5 January 2018
I started for connected health in 2014, i came to connected health and started out as a community care assistant i loved being out in the community and being so close to home this helped me with daily life routine etc as in my down time i could pick the kids up from school. my job progressed then on to team leader for my area and now i am in a area managers position . this company has give me many opportunites and has helped me progress my career throughout many different training course i.e health and social care, leadership and management.

I could not recommend this company enough, they are always there to help. the management of this company our very supportive and are always there no matter how big are small the issue can be
Pros
excellent training, career course
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim4 December 2017
Community Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim9 October 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connected Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Connected Health Reviews by Location