Play YouTube video button
Connect Health

Connect Health Employee Reviews

Featured review
Connect Health selected this as a representative review
Excellent place for Physio’s
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  East Midlands1 November 2019
I understand the previous review ratings, connect is a very fast pace work force but my experiences have only been positive. The admin department are extremely well ran and supportive, and the physiotherapists who I work alongside only have the best in mind for all patients, everything is research and evidence based and we all have a fantastic work life balance. I’ve worked inpatients and private practice and enjoy working here so much more. A great company and fantastic benefits
A place full of hate and mistrust
Patient Car Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear10 December 2019
The job is easy enough calls and admin very busy depending on what contract you are on.
Unfortunately the place is horrible to work in. Lot’s of talking behind people’s backs. People made to feel unwelcome and a hindrance. The chosen ones get all the support and all the help either being given different projects to work on or advice about how to progress within the company. Nobody else gets a look in. I don’t think the management even know of the word merit. I witnessed one person being told off for having their mobile phone out, the same person was standing next to a QSA later that day, who was showing the person next to them something on Facebook. Not very consistent in their enforcing of this rule, but not a surprise either as they are one of the chosen ones and their friend.
The internal interview process is far from transparent. This makes it easy for the untrustworthy management to shoehorn their yes men/women into positions. You can tell who will get which job and when. So most people rarely even attempt to go for an interview. So unless you are lucky enough to be chosen don’t expect to progress if you join this company.
I have read the recent reviews as have the management as they made a point of telling us this during a department meeting. Nothing has really been done to tackle the problems. I don’t think they care.
Some really nice people work here. Sadly most want to leave.
Sad State of Affairs
Patient Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear18 November 2019
Connect health has turned into a badly run, stressful workplace where employees sit in tears at their desk while inexperienced management stand in corners gossiping. The staff are undervalued and underpaid, where temp staff are paid more than long term staff. When senior management are confronted with pay concerns we are met with ''We are looking at the pay structure'' yet nothing gets done, Staff are not listened to, respected or acknowledged when it comes to voicing any concerns at Connect health.
The staff are miserable and morale is at its lowest, the inexperience of the management team and lack of experience when dealing with serious situations is laughable, and they all have their cliché and favourites who can get away with doing as little as possible.
The only positive note are how lovely the CEO and director are, I really don't think they know what is happening in the RMC at this time.
A change needs to come, and fast.
Official response from Connect Health
5 December 2019

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Our Referral Management Centre coordinates the care for over 300k NHS patients per year who we provide integrated community MSK services for as the largest provider of MSK in the UK across the 20 CCGs we serve.

We have many initiatives in place for leaders and colleagues including leadership programmes, a comprehensive learning offer and colleague engagement surveys and forums. Our four values (Quality, Pioneering, Dynamic and People Centred are at the heart of all we do for our patients and colleagues

Brilliant place to work
Payroll and HR Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear30 September 2019
I started with Connect in July and it's a great place to work. Management are supportive and encouraging. It is a rapidly growing company and they place a lot of emphasis on the values which are not just words on paper like some businesses. I feel supported in my role and I know that my manager will support my career aspirations. My team and the wider team have been so welcoming and I'm looking forward to my future career at Connect.
Zero people centred
Patient Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne28 September 2019
This company is supposed to be people centred (a value) ive Been off ill for 1yr and had near enough no contact from anyone, no care no value no respect, this company needs to take a good look at how they treat there staff and decide on their values again, they treat staff like they are in school, Underpaid, undervalued, and not listened too.
Tears,Tantrums and Teflon coated management
PCA (Former Employee) –  RMC16 September 2019
The RMC is a disaster, with the biggest problem being the role of the QSA. All have been internally promoted, and none of them have the personal skills needed for such a job. No one appears to know what their roles are, as this seems to change week by week, I don’t believe the QSA’s know what their roles are. They act as if their job is hard but they don’t appear to do much different to what PCA’s do. They might find it would become easier if they got off their mobile phones looking at snapchat and stopped gossiping a rule PCA’s must adhere to.
They do believe they have authority over PCA’s yet there is an A at the end that stands for advisor, not a M for manager. They walk around with an air of superiority, as if they are Managers though, lap top’s note pad’s and standard issued water bottle, going into endless meetings where they appear to contribute next to nothing.
Most of the people in these roles are immature, it makes it almost impossible to complain about certain aspects of the job as they take it so personally. Often crying to senior management, who leap to their defence, without taking everything into account. They seem to find it hard to separate their professional lives with their personal lives. They have their favourites and if they are friendly with you outside of work, you are treated completely differently than if you don’t, this creates animosity which they are under qualified to notice. The constant whispering and unfortunate looks towards PCA’s creates paranoia within teams.
They have no interest in improving the skills of members of their team, very
  more... unapproachable, often rolling their eyes and sighing when someone asks them a question.
The in joke is, if you see two QSA’s together they are most likely talking about their night out or weekend plans, rather than work, a luxury not afforded to PCA’s.
It’s very much like being back at school, with the level of immaturity.
This is facilitated by weak management throughout the RMC. Team leaders are spineless and make no attempt to push back on the demands thrown at PCA’s, and take too much notice of the under qualified QSA’s
The management above TM’s are out of their depths in those roles and appear to have a different plan each week, which fails miserably as the status quo continues. They never seem to be accountable, but are lauded by some, despite achieving nothing tangible.
A restructure is in the works which will hopefully find the weak spineless ones out, that made it such a demoralising place to work.
If you need a job there are worse places to work, if you have a job but just want a change, give this place a miss, you won’t regret it. I know I won’t regret leaving.
Pros
Free Coffee and Tea
Cons
Chaos
No light in the lightbox
PCA (Former Employee) –  RMC29 August 2019
From the outside Connect Health appears to look like a vibrant, experienced and dedicated Physiotherapy Service, with highly valued staff, supportive and aproachable Management and happy, satisfied Patients...

But you'd be wrong

Excrement rolls down hill fast, starting from the nicely paid Managers at the top, through to the cliquey team leaders, on to the poor persons stuck on the phones of the Record Management Centre and finally to the patients themselves.

Despite numerous meetings, suggestions, opinion surveys, and reshufflings the only thing that seems to actually change is where people sit. And that doesn't last for very long either.

The people in the RMC do not get heard, are not listened to, are over worked with non reflective very average pay and are not respected.
A severe lack of morale day in day out, makes Connect Health a very sombre and negative place to work due to the well below par conditions.

Having seen more people leave than start over the last year speaks volumes for this company and how little it values its employees.

With long waiting times, diminishing clinicians and no appointments available, Patients too are becoming frustrated, upset and angry that they are not being provided with adequate treatment. And I'd be inclined to agree with them.

Connect Health are celebrating their 30th year of business, I think the top dogs should enjoy the success now as I doubt very much the business will last another 30.
Pros
Not too far from Greggs.
Cons
Lack of respect and value. Seriously shocking salary and pay reward schemes.
Good on paper but not in real life
Patient Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Quorum23 August 2019
The job its self can be interesting and patients great, can be rewarding but there is no structured training, or investment in developing staff.
Unsupportive, and unproductive coaching, where staff are treated like battery hens rather than encouraged.
Breeds an environment of gossip/ paranoia, we're staff do not feel or want to raise concerns as these are shot down, or bullied out.
Management are clicky & defensive, the lower management are split into fractions and do not work as a team. They do not appear to care about the staff.
Constant restucting which never appears to change things for the better and the only consistency is that it makes things worse.
This company has always had the potential to be better but is in a spiral of disharmony. Their foundation are build on quick sand and until they take time to invest in their staff they are always going to have a crumbling infrastructure.

The support function and head office do not care about the patient experience. They care only about the appearance of looking good, rather than the delivery of a service that works cohesively with clinical and support functions to give the best possible care for their patients.
The wages I feel are low in comparison to the type of work being undertaken and if you are over a certain age or your face does not fit you will not progress.
Do not, I feel, believe in their own values, patients or the health & wellbeing of their staff.
Pros
Birthday off, has some amazing but not utilised staff. Paid breaks
Cons
They Treat staff like children, disrespectful
One of the worst places I've ever worked
Projects (Former Employee) –  Quorum22 August 2019
Head office attrition rate at over 60% in 2 years speaks for itself.

Exec team pat themselves on the back while providing no support to staff, or managers. They often talk about people not coping with the pace of change but they fail to manage change nor explore the consequences of - I politely suggest they do this. Soon.

Despite having numerous recurring issues they don't understand that the only constant is them. I feel sorry for new starters who arrive with enthusiasm, not knowing they're in a long line of people who've tried to make a difference.

Very poor, out of touch and old fashioned.
Pros
No one really cares what you do
Cons
Blame culture
Bad management and constant restructure
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Head office5 June 2019
The way they treat staff is terrible, there is no loyalty and little respect from management. Salary does not reflect the work carried out. They ask for feedback then never act on it. The work atmosphere gets you down as so many people are unhappy.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Management, in particular exec team
Paitient care advisorn (Current Employee) –  Quorum business park4 April 2019
I have recently started working as a paitient care advisor. Connect health is a great place to work. The training is in in depth and informative and my colleagues and management could not be more help. I genuinely look forward to going to work
Pros
Great breaks
So Far So Good
Patient Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Quorum18 March 2019
Just started working here and love it. Training very good and lots of help from colleagues and team leaders. Everyone helps you so you don’t feel alone. Even better the man who set up the company makes a point of meeting each member of staff and gives an outline of how the business was formed which was both informative and interesting Breaks good according to the hours you work. Full time 2x15 min breaks plus 30 mins for lunch.
Pros
Hours to suit
Cons
V Clicky and management havent a clue
Patient Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Quorum Business Park29 October 2018
A v clicky place to work and alot of favourtism - people are not treated consistently and moral v low constant change of department managers who come and go. place is turning in to a callcentre with focus on stats and not patient care - work load not spread out fairly although we all do the same job and get paid the same some people are stressed out with amount of work given and others get away with doing v little.
I enjoy the job itself as i love helping people but not the enviroment I work in avoid this place as very gossipy
days at long working from 8-30-5pm with only a 30 min break but you get get up and make a drink
tea and coffee provided and vending machines
Pros
Birthday day off
Cons
Callcentre, moral low and negative atmosphere
Good company but do not allow for a lot of progression
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London8 May 2018
Good company but do not allow for a lot of progression.
Good work life balance as flexible with hours.
Salary not reflective of your experience.
Management are not very accessible.
Great Growing Company
Commercial Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear22 March 2018
Love working for Connect. A small company growing very quickly.

There is so much to do and a great culture for doing the right thing.

I like the hands on approach and everyone much in.

If you are a can do person this is a great company.

If you need clearly defined structure you may struggle as this business grows.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Still growing so you need to muck in