Connect Group PLC

Connect Group PLC Employee Reviews

United Kingdom188 reviews
Best part of the job, the people you see on a daily basis
Other than that it was a nightmare. customers complaining everyday due to late delivers, incorrect titles, not correct quantities. Good luck india.
Pros
Great, friendly and fun people and you finish at 3pm
Cons
Getting hold of depots, constant angry customers
Working at smiths news too long to remember, the staff are excellent and the teamleaders are hard working individuals whom make it work to make it a fun and relaxed place to work.
Having seen all areas of the business under one roof and people coming to together here on the mag and news paper side through the years was a amazing experience. I will miss the people here as it’s not hard to work with outhers aslong as there is compromise I learnt.

When coming to the end of my employment I felt that even this is a dying business the people-staff are keeping it alive apart from that the management are brutal in decision making and have minimal compassion tolerance
Pros
Staff on the twilight are amazing team.
Cons
Upper management-are killing the business
No training and the thing you have to get off on your own is a joke I want my health and my back to be OK it would be nakerd working here avoid at all cost and management are shocking
Pros
Automatic truck
Cons
Everything else avoid
I worked for this company for over a year, the managment is really rude, i had an injury which i have reported, the manager was really rude made jokes about me behind my back... they have their own little group of people which make life unbearable at this job. the problem is they got eachothers backs so you cant do anything... even when you report it it gets sweped under the carpet... they never pay you your overtime when i asked for my money after 3 weeks of working for 60 hours ive been told i will get sacked and never see my money if i like... just full of stress and nothing more avoid this company !
Long hours hard to maintain the pace thinking on your feet, dealing with problems as they arise, hours aint the best but leaves you all day to do your thing was a total bonus
Good atmosphere and most people are friendly at work.
You can develop your skills and get good experience with this company.

Minus - Poor money adequate for work
The induction was a joke, the work is boring and not structured. Staff were rude and lazy except a few.
Management was non existent and did not manage staff! Little PPE and poor working conditions!!!!
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
I personally enjoy a challenge as i feel i can work better under stressful situations. As i had a regular delivery round i felt like i could manage it better as i started maintaining a relationship with the regular clients. The hardest challenge I faced was unseen circumstances such as traffic or roadworks.
I was thanked personally when i delivered on time after overcoming these circumstances. this was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
self-working
Cons
unsociable timing
everyone who worked here was very friendly, you could have a laugh whilist getting the job done.
when opening boxes of magazines we got given a safety knife to use.

i had to unpack from one box and put them onto a belt for someone to check before sending them out.
Smiths news is a typical company that takes advantage of jobless labour market to the extreme. Unfortunately for them, their core operations requires acquired skills not readily available. Most jarring of all is there is no work life balance. there
Pros
Just another job
Cons
Dinosaur, self glorified untrusting no ambition managers, You work like a donkey. You could work 2 whole months of long hours without a day off
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Connect Group PLC?
Horrible place to work very stressful you dont get paid properly the manager is the worst manager ive ever had is rude and ignorant walks around with a sour face and allows bullying to take place, they look for the smallest excuse to get rid of people they dont like and you cant even contact hr as there is no phone number for them which im pretty sure is illegal
Depot managers are rubbish, paying you minimum but offering someone else much more when you hand in a notice, you help them out by going to other depots away from you’re family! Going to night for 2 nights but still get offered poor pay, ask for training to help the depot but get nothing! My advise is to keep well away!
Very good company to work with but management are very crept and thief's. I can prove that with evidence.
Take all ur money. Want extra work. Poor management. Worst staff. Not helpful at all. Not bothered if u or ur college die while doing deliveries. U cnt be I’ll or late. Always ready to cut money.
General manager now based in Stockport was a bully. If you didn’t agree with him or the way he spoke and treat people, he would find a way to get you out. Countless people left because of him as he made the job unbearable with his man management and micro management
I had worked for Tuffnels for a year and a half and my god it is absolute mess. There have been occurrences of fights , Drug use , incompetent discussions by management in both mid and night shift. Weekly truck breakdowns being a common occurrence ,collections coming in late and warehouse workers coming high on drugs.

The equipment used is out of date and badly maintained and many of the decent staff have left.In addition there have been issues with communication and payment.

I would avoid working for this company it simply going to pot.
smiths news excellent place to work with great people and environment with high rated health and safety rules . well supported team members great support for new starter
I came in to this job from my old place of work as they closed the buisness down I spent 8 years I had great times and bad times but the staff where great and the management where good to
i liked working there you worked hard not because you had eyes on you but because you enjoyed working there all superior managers and supervisors were very kind.
Absolutely worst place you can work in. Whole place is a one big joke. Job advert says 10,94 p/h on interview guy said its 10,49 p/h. They pay only for 45h week, no ot. Avoid!!!
No prospect of advancement or development. You are paid very little to do a lot of work. You do not have any training other than how to do basic computer work.
Company is struggling to survive with Tuffnells under its belt so costs are continually getting cut across the group without realising larger effect on operations and morale. Tuffnells may be sold off soon due to restructure to compete against DX.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Constantly cutting costs from key areas
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connect Group PLC. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8