Concorde Specialist Logistics Employee Reviews

Okay Workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth26 January 2016
Rotating shift patterns - 05:45-13:45
14:15-22:15
Loading and unloading shipping containers
wrapping pallets
Labelling products
picking customer orders
Pros
Good work and people to work with
Cons
Forced to do overtime, no job security
Needs to improve
Transport Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth, ENG22 December 2015
Cut my teeth in transport, clocked up over 100 hours overtime in 12 months and they wouldn't pay it. They promise the world then deliver nothing. Too many people in the transport have been made up and most don't have qualifications to justify the position. Job satisfaction is non existent and neither is your family life if you work here. Avoid at all costs.
Rubbish
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Hellaby18 December 2015
At 1st it was a good place to work but now it's completely different. New management has come in and completely ruined the atmosphere in the place. If you don't suck up to management then you get nowhere in this job. 1st chance anybody gets to stab you in the back they will. They act all nice to your face but they go and moan about you to someone else. If you work in the warehouse then you are seen as complete dirt to the people in the office and to management, unless of course you kiss the managements backside.Woeful place to work. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
There are none
stay away
driver (Former Employee) –  Ayr21 November 2015
Terrible place to work just because of the office staff, they don't care what u have to do, what laws u have to break etc,as long as u get the deliveries out. And if they dont like u then life will be terrible working long hours and crazy shifts and still getting paid the same as the blue eyed boys that do half as much and don't ever take a holiday or a day off cause when u come back they'll make u pay for it. I could rant all day about them and anybody who has worked there will tell u the exact same.
Pros
finishing time
Cons
everything
Worst run place I've ever worked
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ayr17 November 2015
Boss is completely unfair. His 2nd in command thinks he is still in the army and is completely unfair aswell and his training is 'just sign all this so we can get home'. The office crew are useless. If your face don't fit your life will made hard, rota not done fairly. The blue eyed boys never do sofa's, never do relief driver duties. If you are friendly to any of the bad boy list you'll end up on it too. I went out with people who were so rude to customers it was embarrassing. Keep away.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Starting
poo hole
driver (Former Employee) –  ayr13 November 2015
Read the reviews slating them 100% correct 8 drivers left in the last 2 months me included I was there over a year thought it would get better but it doesn't
Look elsewhere

The sofa king
Pros
Cons
long hours and any reason they can to take the bonus off you
Long hours. Not worth the hassle
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ayr31 October 2015
6am start most days not in before 6pm any day.
Not paid for hours worked. 12 drops plus per day and driving long distance most days without second driver.
Then complete drops. Only 2 man team .no worth the hassle. Not always paid driver bonus . No in house training given . Just forms to sign . Get your keys and go. NOT GOOD LOOK ELSE WHERE.
Worst place I've worked at
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Ayr31 October 2015
The General Manager is a bully unless you are one of the old boys. They gat all the good runs an back in yard for 3pm and they only do beds which are easy. the rest are out for 12 hours plus and that is just because of workload and planning. If you get along with some one who is on the GM's hate list then you are in for it aswell and you'll be on sofas all the time. The other Transport thinks he's still in the army and doesn't know how to treat people. He does the days training which is pathetic because all he gets you to do is sign this and sign that with no training at all. The rest of the office staff haven't a clue about transport and the job itself out on the road, 1 in particular who is so rude and smug and pretends he's injured. If you like to be bullied and treated like dirt then apply away.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Applying
Shambles poorly run
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ayrshire, SCT31 October 2015
the Ayr depot is badly run very high turnover of staff down to the poor management. They say that they provide training well that's a lie it's a case of sign here that's you trained.also the product is poor also which you'll see when you go to customers doors when they are on there third or fourth attempt of getting what they ordered in good condition. The transport manager ran his own local business into the ground and he's not any better running too!!
Pros
Some good guys work there
Cons
Bad transport management ran by a dinosaur!!
waste of 10 months
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ayr26 October 2015
Started at 6 am wasn't many nights I was hone before 8pm,most of the staff in the office were okay but one guy very rude and smug it's just a matter of time for him tbh
A company in transition
Logistics Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Nationwide - Based primarily in Lancashire25 October 2015
The company is the distribution arm of Bensons for Beds and Harveys. It has some very talented employees, they are the market leaders in the bed retail and striving to do the same in furniture. In general a good place to work with a good atmosphere.
Pros
A wealth of experience to learn from.
Cons
Work life balance is not always taken into consideration.
Stay away
driver (Current Employee) –  tewkesbury8 September 2015
Long hours, Back breaking work, Double manning to get round driving hours, however most of the time the drivers mate either hasn't got a licence or doesn't have the right licence. Management couldn't care less about you as long as the beds are delivered. Complete joke that you have to use your own time to get the tyres changed on their fleet. Encouraged to put tachograph on break whilst building beds and often put extra drops within YOUR alloted breaks. When issues are raised, the answer is always the same... If you don't like it, leave. Much, much more could be said. Can't wait to leave.
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
so many
Not worth it
driver (Former Employee) –  accrington1 June 2015
Long days get bonus took of you for the slightest thing .just wasn't for me and most people hated the job some people liked it but overall stressful and not worth the pay
dont bother
driver (Former Employee) –  avonmouth8 March 2015
I was a driver very long hours 12 /13 hours a day extremely bad management you will be lucky if you make 2 days they can't keep staff even long serving staff are walking out you are treated like dirt don't bother!!!!
like groundhog day
driver (Former Employee) –  Ayr depot20 February 2015
Worked at Ayr depot, yard in the morning and evening is an accident waiting to happen, encouraged to put tacho on break while in customers premises assembling beds/Sofa's etc,not good transport management, this job is not for the professional driver
Pros
Cons
encouraged to break tacho laws
Fast paced, vibrant and fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist Advisor, (Current Employee) –  Lutterworth, ENG13 February 2015
A typical day in my workplace is very fast paced, as can be expected from working in a busy call centre.
I speak to customers daily whether it be a telephone conversation, email or manning the live chat facility on the company facebook page.
I have learned a lot in my time with the company, this includes; negotiation skills, pacifying customers, time management etc.
The management team in my workplace are very hands on and are always available to offer advice if needed. However, they are more than willing to allow me to work from my own initiative and always ask for my opinion on how things could be improved.
I really enjoy working with my colleagues, we all have different backgrounds but I think this has helped us to build a strong, effective team as we can all offer a different perspective to help come to a good solution for a customer.
The hardest part of my job would be dealing with a particularly irate customer, sometimes this can be very demanding and time consuming but when the complaint is resolved it is very rewarding to have calmed the customer and for them to be happy with the result.
I thoroughly enjoy my job as I love to talk to new people and help them as much as possible. I fell that I am continuously learning in my role which I also enjoy.
Pros
the people I work with, location, support from management, personal development
Hard but fun
Lounding, unlouding, picking, stock check (Current Employee) –  Lutterworth, ENG9 June 2014
Working at Concorde company was great. I worked there in 2 shifts. From 6am to 2pm and from 2pm to 10pm. Shifts was suitable for me. I was general warehouse operative, and i had to carry very heavy furnitures and loading it into lorries. Sometimes i also had to unloading it as well. This job was the hardest i have ever had, but also allowed me to met nice, good manner people. The atmosphere wasn't bad. I still have contact with some of people. Management was normal and we liked each other. Mostly i liked picked because i wasn't shuttered coming back to home after this job.
Pros
Good athmosphere
Cons
Long dystance from home to work (20miles)
Professional, fun and rewarding work place
Stock and Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Lutterworth7 February 2014
Professional, fun and rewarding work place. Confident and committed staff at all levels. Good working environment, very fast paced and varied.
Pros
Good work ethic and good management team
Cons
Long working hours, very long commute