Play YouTube video button

Concentrix Employee Reviews for Direct Sales Representative

Found 28 reviews matching the search See all 22,845 reviews
Featured review
Concentrix selected this as a representative review
Great workplace with fun colleagues & great managers
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester6 November 2019
The atmosphere on the contact centre floor is really lively and friendly. It's a great place to meet new friends and enjoy your time at work. There's plenty of support when and if you need it with team managers and coaches on hand all the time.
Although there is initially a lot to learn, the trainers and academy team are really good and make sure you have lots of support before you are placed into your team on the floor and make you feel comfortable asking any questions you have.
I really enjoy working here and have made friends for life on my team.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Direct Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast23 July 2019
I was basically in an outbound mobile sales team for vodafone Ireland which i enjoyed.

I was targeted 4 to 5 sales a day which I usually got above and beyond.

The most rewarding part was the bonus and the sense of satisfaction you got when you acheived and succeeded.
Pros
Well Rewarded
Cons
Unsociable Hours
laid back
Direct Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  belfast30 January 2019
good place to work if you are open to doing long shifts as much as possible. night shift work available also and overtime a lot good place to work overall
agent f
direct sales advisor (Former Employee) –  belfats1 June 2018
Fun place to work

the varied shifts made work and life easy to balance

however the bonus is or can be difficult to achieve

free car parking

canteen is not great
Pros
free parking
Cons
bi weekly pat
Bland, lifeless
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belfast21 July 2017
Pure dirt.
Everyone who worked there for years looked like their soul had left them.
Office environment dull and boring. Same feeling I get from sta nding in Poundland for any extended period of time.
Poor
Direct Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bredbury4 July 2017
They keep changing targets and moving people from work to work pool with no notice. Poor empathy from HR and no allowances for attending 1 church service a week.
productive and advancement
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleton, Greater Manchester27 April 2017
a great place to start a career in sales

conducive atmosphere

great people to work with

commission based

managers are good and helpful and kind
Good atmosphere, rewarding
Direct Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Belfast29 March 2017
A typical day in Convergys consists of launching multiple systems to manage many accounts, attending the morning brief to find out what the company needs from me on that day then we go to our desks and begin following leads, creating leads and answering inbound calls for based on business to business sales.
This job has taught me several things to do in a high pressure sales/target driven environment, also on how to find out exactly what people need by asking the correct questions and building rapport with customers and also gave me detailed knowledge on all microsoft office and other microsoft systems.
The hardest part of the job was letting a customer go as being with the sales team retention was an important aspect of my job.
The most enjoyable part was the admiration and rewards given to me from managemet.
Pros
Discounts, large canteen
Cons
distance
Worst job I've ever had!!
Direct Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Middleton, Greater Manchester9 March 2017
Seriously just don't bother!
If I could give zero stars I would
It's more like a youth club than a workplace
Management are just a bunch of idiots, training is next to nothing with most of the training boasting about how great the network is and when it started and who started it, one trainer spent most of the session chatting up the male trainees and talking about the gym, (Not very professional) very little time is actually spent on learning the actual system in the call centre
Pros
Cons
Everything!!
Stressful
Direct Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Middleton23 February 2017
I was working on In Life Retention, inbound. Most callers will be angry and demand that you solve their problems or they will leave, but you can't solve their problems because they aren't your department. It involves a lot of liaising with other departments over the phone, but the billing team is the most useless bunch of people ever. They are also supposed to be customer services, but most of them refuse to acknowledge this and won't help customers with any general query, only billing issues. This means that when a customer just has a complaint or query that isn't anything to do with billing, canceling or upgrading then there is no one for them to talk to. Half way through the time I was there, they started calling themselves the consumer care department but many of them missed this memo I think.

Stressful job, long and unsociable hours and the training they give you is about a week of them telling you how great the product and the company are, a week of learning about the product, and then a week of actually taking calls with support around where you learn that most of the stuff taught to you in training is either irrelevant or wrong and that everyone on the floor does it differently
Pros
Opportunity to progress
Cons
Unsociable hours
terrible work environment, terrible management, never felt valued.
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belfast springvale27 January 2017
After the training has completed you realise just how many lies have been told. management don't want to help their staff and want to do as little work as possible, they are also more inclined to talk down to their staff and do very little to help their teams achieve the bonus that you are told is so easy to get. No chance of progression unless you're best friends with a manager. Very likely to get fired once they need to get fresh blood in the doors unless you leave before hand of course.

Very poor work/life balance, while living with my partner I never seen her because I was always in work sometimes working 10 days straight for 9 hours from 11.30 to 8.30 for very basic pay.
Proggression
Direct Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 January 2017
A day in work at Convergys involves calling o2 clients and advising what offers are best for them. The offers are in the form off contract phone`s, SIMs and tablets. This job has taught me how to act to the various types of clients in different scenarios meaning I`ll already be prepared for them with the information I`ve learnt. Working in a call centre is hectic at times but I make sure I concentrate no matter what's going on around me. If something in the job is challenging then I`ll take that in my stride, the most enjoyable part of the job is when I exceed my targets set.
Direct sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast28 July 2016
its h*ll on earth dont wok there even though im out of work right now i still wouldnt go back to them unless you are a management favorite dont try an advance
Pros
employed
Cons
no soul
Worst place ever
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Belfast21 July 2016
It looks like the company is leaving their own reviews on here so I will be as honest as I can do you and tell you the truth... From the very start the training is not much they expect you to teach yourself about their systems. After you get moved from department to department you'll find that most managers are literally kids with no life experiences or people skills on how to treat or speak to staff. you will also find that they have only been there a few months and practically know nothing about the business which is why they treat you like your back at school. Wages are never right and almost impossible to make bonus as they change the targets mid month to ensure not that many will reach bonus. you will most likely always be on a late shift which is roughly 12-8 every week including 9 /10 hours shifts and you will only get 1 weekend off a month as the rota department can't even do their jobs right in here either. Most of my dealings with the HR department here have also not been good they never do anything you ever ask them to do and also like to make things up as they go along and cover for the managers and the things that goes on here. And make you feel like you are invading their space when you go into the HR office.

Also the team leaders like to pressurise the staff and will publicly humiliate you in front of the other staff if your not on target and like to speak to you as if your being spoke to by your teacher in school. you receive very little help when you ask for it. You are also expected to promote a very very long list of products to the customer when they a
  more... currently complaining and shouting about the state of their account which is impossible, they will also expect you to take advantage of the customers and confuse them so they will take contracts or renew them. And as for the operations management they either having got a clue, have no people skills, or they are just out of school and pocess no management experience or people skills what so ever and make things up as they go along. and basically don't care about the staff at all just the money that comes in. which is why there would be a very high turnover of staff every month.

This has to be the worst position I have ever held throughout my life and advise that you avoid the place unless you want to lose the self confidence that you have. There is a lot of dodgy lifestyle dealings going on in the place which the management is involved in as well, which gives you an idea of what sort of place this is.
Pros
the people you become friends with
Cons
too many
work
Direct Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bury4 February 2016
wasn't the best place to work, didn't feel valued and was too much pressure on selling and not on standards.
that's why I left the business
A solid company and an enjoyable job.
Direct Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Belfast Lough26 January 2016
I enjoy working with Convergys. The company is a massive provider of multiple services and I enjoy the Telesales industry.
The employees are knowledgeable and the management team are competent.
Pros
Sound working environment.
Cons
Low earning basic salary.
Awful place to work
Direct sales representative (Former Employee) –  Middleton29 December 2015
Spent 2 weeks training then into the call centre, The place is full of college kids who constantly swear, put callers on hold because they cannot be bothered speaking to them, Management no help at all, I was initially told it would be a monday to friday job and my first shift after training involved a saturday and sunday, Rubbish salary and almost impossible to get the commission,
Pros
Cons
All of it
Good work experience but draining and site is in the middle of nowhere
direct sales agent (Current Employee) –  Middleton14 December 2015
Was a good place to work initially, very social environment and very relaxed. however, hours were extremely long and management wasn't great. You can meet a good group of people, however it's draining and shifts were just very awkward. Sales and order processing, system issues, data problems and lots of miscommunication and the site worked at was very unorganised, no contingency just last minute bad decisions. The wages are so low it's very hard to get by unless you have another job on the side. The site literally had no good places to eat so it was either the canteen or the van outside. Canteen was horrendous just leftover food everywhere. Management just don't seem to care if you have personal problems and you don't have a right to be off sick in that place! Really is going under would not recommend as a long term career.
Pros
Roadshows, New product meetings
Cons
long hours, unrewarding salary, disgusting work standards
The people are fun the work not so much.
Direct Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Heron Aveune1 December 2015
I would start my day with a positive out look and i would then in turn try to pass my positivity on to my fellow co workers. I would then take calls, giving 100% effort on each and every call that I make.
Pros
We get paid for are breaks
Cons
No room for progress
good place to work
Direct sales representative-inbound (Former Employee) –  Middleton, ENG27 November 2015
typical day at work is answering inbound calls and dealing with complaints. coaching sessions with the managers. interacting with co-workers, there is generally a good atmosphere between the co-workers
working at convergys
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Belfast, NIR21 November 2015
my time at convergys has been varied to say the least ive been in 4 different department the most recent being admin bank which i really enjoyed, i wasnt happy when i moved back on to the phones as i wasnt asked or consulted by the management before the move. i prefer working admin jobs i feel thats where my heart lies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Concentrix. Our community is ready to answer.

55.8K